+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Dear Karazy,

This is so late, primarily because I don't check forums often enough. Anyway, I just wanted you to know, even though you probably won't see this anymore, that I appreciated you more than you probably knew. You were one of the coolest people there was, and the only one to care about my in-game concerns. You were so chill that I never hesitated to talk to you (until after that one significant event). The game will be so empty now since you're gone. Nobody will listen to me rant about ~some~ people, or advise me, or just listen in general. I will definitely miss you, but I absolutely hope that your next job is twice as awesome as your job in PWI. I'm ever so sorry for having an outburst on you that time. Please forgive me. All things considered, I hope only the best for you and your career. If you ever decide to play Rohan, like play, not have authorization over it, you know which characters to whisper.

Sincerely,
    Hannah

Quote Originally Posted by EboyisOnlyone View Post
    Lol... Are you guys really playing rohan? Know what makes the PServer flourish? ITS THE COMMUNITY. No one will donate a single cent on a PSERVER if their player base are too small. As long as RohanBloodFeud makes this server friendly on non-donator it will prosper. Coz seriously who's gonna play on a server wherein a donator can play for 3days- 1week then full geared , maxed level 115 vs a non-donator that need to grind/farm for their stuff for 6months-1year? The Gap between donator vs non-donator is too wide. Instead of trying to focus on donator only, they should lean more on non-donator because if there's too many player, more income for them. And they should give freebies for new players/new accounts like for example 30days Accessory , Weapon , Armors and Growth to help them reach 100+ Fast. Why not? coz the real grind starts at 115+
    Oh please its the same 20 Kurwas and the same 15 or so Croatians and the same 20 or so north/south americans with 5 indians and 100 indos who come when their pservers die. Also most pservers are corrupt I knew one pserver where the guy gave unlimited rps to somebody for 300 euros. That pserver ended up lasting 8 months which is above average where most pservers focus on the honeymoon phase and leave.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    Not only is the official Rohan on the long downhill slide, but pservers are going that same way. So much so that most of the pserver devs such as myself can't be bothered to make them anymore.

Why are they failing?

1. The people creating them are doing it to make fast money or to make money to finance other projects.
    2. 95% of the guys putting these servers out there are what "real' devs call "Bin jockeys" In other words they edit a couple binary files (which btw are downloaded with all the clients even here -- look in your <Rohan Client Install location>\data directory) and create a cookie cutter private server that is fun to play for a week or two until they figure out that is is 100% total crap.
    3. There have only been a couple that lasted maybe 1-2 years before the guys running it got tired of it all and went to go do something else. Another guy had opened almost 5 pservers, but each one never got past the 'beta' stage and closed due to internal strife.
    4. Not a single one of them is backed by any kind of real corporate entity. All of them are put together by one or two guys because they are bored. When they realize that it costs THEM money once the server loses its "Honeymoon" players, they quickly get tired of hemorrhaging money and shut it down within a couple out-of-pocket hosting payments - suddenly and with no warning whatsoever.

official is on a long slide to closing. It has been going down that way for a couple years now and I can't see it staying viable much longer. The rohan-based private server world is in worse shape because the guys that really know how to make a kickass server have all moved on to more interesting (and cheaper) things to do.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    They demoted Baked to GM status, go figure.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    after this, ANYTHING is possible.......
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Banned
    i know people have been saying rohan is dying for years, i've been one of those people saying it. but it truly is in its final stages and its a sad thing to see all the people we made friends with and had fun times this company has lirtally destroyed one of the best mmorpgs ever made besides wow and lineage 2. hell if i sold out and moved on you know it's going bad. i logged in couple days ago and lime was 100% empty. just shops, i see in my guilds whatsapp they have a seldom pvp but vs who? 1-2 people? idk why anyone would hold on to this game anymore when it literally has like 30 people playing it
    Last edited by shawnc1186; 10-15-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnc1186 View Post
    i know people have been saying rohan is dying for years, i've been one of those people saying it. but it truly is in its final stages and its a sad thing to see all the people we made friends with and had fun times this company has lirtally destroyed one of the best mmorpgs ever made besides wow and lineage 2. hell if i sold out and moved on you know it's going bad. i logged in couple days ago and lime was 100% empty. just shops, i see in my guilds whatsapp they have a seldom pvp but vs who? 1-2 people? idk why anyone would hold on to this game anymore when it literally has like 30 people playing it
    Idk Shawn, I've seen you selling out and quitting about a hundred times (underestimated) in the course of the past few years. So it's kinda hard to tell.
    If you DID finally quit - kudos to you, I've long done the same.

These forums, however, are harder to miss out on. I hope something else will fill that gap
    But yah, it's gonna suck not seeing all these well established names around. Whether it be to poke fun at, or to have some (less educational) discussions with..

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

Banned
    Idk Shawn, I've seen you selling out and quitting about a hundred times (underestimated) in the course of the past few years. So it's kinda hard to tell.
    If you DID finally quit - kudos to you, I've long done the same.

These forums, however, are harder to miss out on. I hope something else will fill that gap
    But yah, it's gonna suck not seeing all these well established names around. Whether it be to poke fun at, or to have some (less educational) discussions with..
    yeh i hear you, but nah i quit all my +18's abso everything gone i dont even have chars anymore just my old venge ranger.

Can't have him just spilling those gems, practically business secrets (to-be), on the forums. Better have him in the team and make the brilliant ideas a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by bosshunt View Post
    can't have him just spilling those gems, practically business secrets (to-be), on the forums. Better have him in the team and make the brilliant ideas a reality.
    ikr !