+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rohan... is already running

Hi.
    in July everything worked fine with RBF, but I uninstalled it, because there were other things to do (in the summer ;-) Now that it is getting autumn, I wanted to continue, but Game Guard "throws exception" and I get the message, that RBF is already running - wether I want to open it a 2nd time (well my text is in German). Installed and uninstalled several times, each time restarted my PC several times, too. Once removed Game Guard manually from my files.
    No way of getting into the game again. Tried to create a new account, used proper official e-mail addresses, confirmation mail(s) never reached me.
    This is not good.
    I guess I have to play another (low spec) game on my notebook - one that I had zero trouble to get it running.

turn off ur antivirus and ur firewall

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenKyo2 View Post
    turn off ur antivirus and ur firewall
    I started the game from "loader" in the file... got till the character creation screen... and again this "exception thrown" thing.
    And no, I will not turn off my entire firewall and antivirus, because other games install just fine the way it is.
    But thanks for Your fast reply, anyway.

I also found this: "Rohan Process already Running - Posted by - NA - on 04 July 2008 05:20 PM
    This means that another instance of ROHAN or Game Guard is already running on you computer. First try ending the process from Windows Task Manager. If Game Guard or ROHAN are not appearing in your process menu you will most likely have to restart your computer to resolve this issue."
    No, Game Guard or ROHAN do not appear in the process menu, and - as I said before - restarting the computer does not solve this issue either.
    Notice: that ticket was from 2008... 8 years later still the same "issue"...
    /off

This is the exact message:
    "Rohan Exception
    An exception has been thrown!
    ---------
    Details
    ---------
    Error #: 0
    Function: nProtect detect hack
    Description: Gameguard error"

Regarding this error I found this in the forum:
    "Error 0- This error is related with Windows 7.
    Delete the GameGuard folder and download the GameGuardprogram.
    Then run the Gameguardprogram and install the GameGuard into the 9Dragons folder
    By default: My PC >> C:\Programs Files\9Dragons
    If you still have same error, follow the next steps:
    1- Install the game client.
    2- Make a copy of GAMEGUARD.DES from 9Dragons and save it in a safe folder.
    By default the location is: C:\Programs Files\9Dragons
    3- If you have installed another game which uses GameGuard - its Gameguard.des.
    4- If you have not, you can try installing any other game which uses GameGuard.
    5- Delete the GAMEGUARD.DES file from your 9Dragons folder.
    6- Replace it with the GameGuard.des file that you have copied from the other game.
    7- Run 9Dragons and GameGuard should update.
    ...NOTE : im just copied this from another forum. wish this fix your error."

Posted (Thread: GameGuard Error List And How To Fix It)
    07-09-2015 11:20 AM
    #1 by crust01
    Serf

If you have the German client it is not supported anymore last time i checked so you better download the English only client. Should fix your problem :l
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

@RBNXD : I downloaded the RBF EN client, but it doesn't work either :-(
    mi mi mi....

I also tried to replace the GameGuard.DES with the GameGuard.des file that I have copied from another other game.
    No chance. Same error.

Have you tried their trouble shooting guide? http://rohan.playrohan.com/DownLoad/Trouble.html

@aliencreature : that trouble shooting guide is a joke, right?
    I clicked to "check Login/Patch Connection" and got a green "success".... the thing is: my Rohan BF is already in the trash bin and gets shreddered by a special program.
    I also tried the Notepad-thing to delete any " login.playrohan.com", but nothing like playrohan shows up there. I shreddered RBF before, shreddered GameGuard, too (1 line is unreadable and can not be deleted, though. So I guess, GameGuard is broken or infected.) I even downloaded and used bittorrent to download from gamershell (or was it hellgamers?), the patch took several hours and I got the same "GameGuard detected hack" bla bla bla in the end.
    OK, so now I spent two evenings as a PC doc, thanks to Rohan BF - but to no avail. I am done here. I want to spent my free time with well kept, easy accessible games.... and not this kind of nonsense here. Bye bye.