+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned
    Often when that happens there is an orphan rohanclient.exe sitting in your task list that needs to be killed. Don't look for a "Rohan" process in your tasklist - you won't find it. An orphan rohanclient.exe will trip both your Rohan loader and gameguard into doing the things you have described. Both situations are a pain in the ass, but happen with any game that allows multi-clienting the way Rohan does -- particularly those that insist on using INCAs GameGuard rootkit which is not overly smart at detecting REAL cheating software.

Most times when this happens it is an indication that the (actual) client and its gameguard crap is running afoul with your anti-malware software either blocking the rohanclient.exe from starting or moving it to your quarantine (yes there are quite a few anti-malware packages out there that considers the rohan client a virus-ridden malware & rootkit).

login.playrohan.com
    pservers will sometimes want to put that in your drivers\etc\hosts file to short circuit the 'phoning home' delays that the client sometimes does. It also causes all kinds of havoc in your client here. It needs to not be there when playing on the official Rohan.

also - not sure where all that stuff in your post above there regarding \9Dragons came from but that has nothing at all to do with Rohan. I wouldn't be surprised to see GameGuard from both games fighting over use of your system. In any case it seems you have some cleaning up to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sista2016 View Post
    Hi.
    in July everything worked fine with RBF, but I uninstalled it, because there were other things to do (in the summer ;-) Now that it is getting autumn, I wanted to continue, but Game Guard "throws exception" and I get the message, that RBF is already running - wether I want to open it a 2nd time (well my text is in German). Installed and uninstalled several times, each time restarted my PC several times, too. Once removed Game Guard manually from my files.
    No way of getting into the game again. Tried to create a new account, used proper official e-mail addresses, confirmation mail(s) never reached me.
    This is not good.
    I guess I have to play another (low spec) game on my notebook - one that I had zero trouble to get it running.
    1) Put ur Rohan game folder (the whole package) in C:/, not in Program Files x86 (cut>paste it)
    2) Verify nothing is between ur "C:/" the file itself "Rohan US" and the loader (ur file access should looks like c:/rohan us/rohanloader.exe)
    3) problem solved
    Cherish Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Sista2016 View Post
    @aliencreature : that trouble shooting guide is a joke, right?
    I clicked to "check Login/Patch Connection" and got a green "success".... the thing is: my Rohan BF is already in the trash bin and gets shreddered by a special program.
    I also tried the Notepad-thing to delete any " login.playrohan.com", but nothing like playrohan shows up there. I shreddered RBF before, shreddered GameGuard, too (1 line is unreadable and can not be deleted, though. So I guess, GameGuard is broken or infected.) I even downloaded and used bittorrent to download from gamershell (or was it hellgamers?), the patch took several hours and I got the same "GameGuard detected hack" bla bla bla in the end.
    OK, so now I spent two evenings as a PC doc, thanks to Rohan BF - but to no avail. I am done here. I want to spent my free time with well kept, easy accessible games.... and not this kind of nonsense here. Bye bye.
    If that's the case you need to send them a ticket. Aside from that, refer to PJ's advice, specially the private server thingy. Rohan files from private server usually change your host file. I think instead of deleting login.playrohan.com, try the ip address shown in your host file. BUT, I strongly recommend to send first a ticket before doing this.

Banned
    @aliencreature : When a pserver modifies the hosts file it will be to set the ip address to 127.0.0.1 (universal IP address to yourself) to keep the client from contacting the official game site. Trying it is pretty pointless. The official Rohan installer will not add an entry into your hosts file. That is nothing more than a pserver-related work around.

@toshiru : Windows 10 (and possibly 8.1) treat your c: drive a little special. You must have administrator privilege to access it (you know those popups that tell you that you need admin access to copy files or save files to anywhere on C. To circumvent that, you need to set the loader and rohanclient.exe to run in administrator mode:
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 09-21-2016 at 06:08 AM.

Banned
    Trust me Sista2016 - you are not missing anything fo sho. I think the fact that Rohan would not run saved you a lot of pain and aggravation.