+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    Well, clearly they want is as a pve aura which tbh is just dumb. This is a PVP game...I dont see why they had to fk with the mana costs in the first place for Temp OR Priest.

Thats what Im thinking too. These guys prolly arent testing all this stuff with op geared chars. Prolly just basic geared chars and not like the geared chars we face/ fight each day. If they dont test with decent gear, how are they going to understand our issues?
    I think the primary issue our players are having with Marea's Grace, is that it went from being a buff that was consistently up in it's previous version (Like a group sustained HP Buff), to a group combat trick. Obviously, the power level has changed; I think many people preferred the buff in it's previous version, however it appears the Devs wanted something different in the Priest's kit. In Korea, this ability still costs 10k mana a second; BECAUSE of player's like MsAbella and others offering their input in the skill, we have reduced it to HALF of it's previous cost. Sadly, it appears that our players are still wanting it to be like it was before. With this idea out of the window for now, we need to re-evaluate the move for what it does now.

What good is a combat trick with the potential of earning 5 different people in the group a maximum HP bonus of 57,570 HP, or in an ideal group situation a total of 288,750 HP? Well, in many cases I would assume that the case would be just that; a combat trick. On live, 60k HP doesn't seem like very much with the power level of some of our players; in the KR version that is a significant chunk of HP. Combined with various utility abilities available to the priest to extend the duration of this buff (Mana Charge and dealing damage with Staff Mastery up are 2 examples right off the top of my head), this is a significant HP buffer to chew through, and if the priest is proactively engaged in Mana management and gaining, significantly adds to your group's survivability. The problem with this ability (to ME at least) isn't the cost; but it's power level in relation to HP buffing. With the amount of damage our players are doing, the HP bonus feels less helpful that it realistically should be. If this number was changed to something a little more powerful for our server; let's say for example something like 1000% the caster's level; that bonus would rise from 57,570/288,750 HP buffer to a 165,000/825,000 HP buffer.

Would you consider that too powerful? Too weak? Let's get some feedback going for that.

We do NOT want to have another rehash of the fiasco Blunt Mastery was for years. These balance patches are specifically meant to do just that; balance. With the upcoming changes to invenom/thorn whip damage being fixed, we need to look and assess the other abilities for our server. This is significantly more difficult than people give it credit for; lack of proper testing and balancing have resulted in several issues throughout the years, issues that your current GM team does NOT want to repeat. The difficulty of balancing the game for players with what you would call "regular" gear and what you would call "OP" gear makes this process difficult, but one that we are working towards anyways. We appreciate your patience as we continue to provide you guys with the best experience we can on R.O.H.A.N.!

Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post

What good is a combat trick with the potential of earning 5 different people in the group a maximum HP bonus of 57,570 HP, or in an ideal group situation a total of 288,750 HP? Well, in many cases I would assume that the case would be just that; a combat trick. On live, 60k HP doesn't seem like very much with the power level of some of our players; in the KR version that is a significant chunk of HP. Combined with various utility abilities available to the priest to extend the duration of this buff (Mana Charge and dealing damage with Staff Mastery up are 2 examples right off the top of my head), this is a significant HP buffer to chew through, and if the priest is proactively engaged in Mana management and gaining, significantly adds to your group's survivability. The problem with this ability (to ME at least) isn't the cost; but it's power level in relation to HP buffing. With the amount of damage our players are doing, the HP bonus feels less helpful that it realistically should be. If this number was changed to something a little more powerful for our server; let's say for example something like 1000% the caster's level; that bonus would rise from 57,570/288,750 HP buffer to a 165,000/825,000 HP buffer.

Would you consider that too powerful? Too weak? Let's get some feedback going for that.

.!
    imagine taking this Dhan's damage as seen below for example.

and taking the point for that extra HP buff but even a 500K hp character can be killed in just 2-3 hits with this Dhan's Damages in in a couple of second , Obli is not so defensive nowadays coz venom passes through it which the hp bonus boost factor bonus you give is not a good idea on it to reduce tick time of Marea or mana shield of temps, considering a dhan + guardian zerging a priest even that priest has 800K hp in couple of seconds the priest dead, the point is giving a little defensive power to a support character taking much long stand in pvp before she/he gets die in 1 party.

Blunt Mastery was before an OP skill that was unaaceptable BEFORE the balance pathch and yes we know that, but after this balance patches, blunt mastery is not so concerned anymore even the blunt mastery does not to be nerfed its effect because you already gave other characters a more potentials to its attacks/melee attacks, making it much powered than to the blunt mastery's melee power its not the same as before in result, when giving boost to Dhan,guardians and Noirs melee power its like they are making ANOTHER templar in a Dhans, Gurdians or Noir's clothing, hope you will see and observe this. considering this as a balance if mentaining Blunt Mastery's original setting and giving boost other classe's melee power like what you did to dagger and katar mastery, boosting its melee, boost deadly blow, crazy str and AGI making them same level damage as temps melee power even rangers/scouts so everyone can have a potential of dealing hgih damages making a good mixture in pvp considering a survivable prist in a party.
    Last edited by pimoh; 08-19-2016 at 04:28 PM.

I think the primary issue our players are having with Marea's Grace, is that it went from being a buff that was consistently up in it's previous version (Like a group sustained HP Buff), to a group combat trick. Obviously, the power level has changed; I think many people preferred the buff in it's previous version, however it appears the Devs wanted something different in the Priest's kit. In Korea, this ability still costs 10k mana a second; BECAUSE of player's like MsAbella and others offering their input in the skill, we have reduced it to HALF of it's previous cost. Sadly, it appears that our players are still wanting it to be like it was before. With this idea out of the window for now, we need to re-evaluate the move for what it does now.

We do NOT want to have another rehash of the fiasco Blunt Mastery was for years. These balance patches are specifically meant to do just that; balance. With the upcoming changes to invenom/thorn whip damage being fixed, we need to look and assess the other abilities for our server. This is significantly more difficult than people give it credit for; lack of proper testing and balancing have resulted in several issues throughout the years, issues that your current GM team does NOT want to repeat. The difficulty of balancing the game for players with what you would call "regular" gear and what you would call "OP" gear makes this process difficult, but one that we are working towards anyways. We appreciate your patience as we continue to provide you guys with the best experience we can on R.O.H.A.N.!
    Personally I do not like the idea of the ''combat trick'', auras are meant to give a party more sustain, while grinding and pvping, with everything being self buffed I see no reason why to make it so hard to keep group euphoria or mareas grace up. The idea of insane mana cost is a big ''meh'' to me, not because I don't like change but because I don't see the benefit of it in pvp nor pve.

IF one was to make marea's grace into a combat trick the whole aura thing should change. My idea would be to make Marea's grace like Spirit Assimilation(Rumir) (please keep reading don't go nuts yet). What I mean is spirit asm, is an aura/buff that gets cast in a party and is given to all users in range for a specific amount of time (60 sec max? don't pin me down on it). After the duration the buff is gone, untill it is off cooldown and can be given again. If you want to make a ''combat trick'' aura, this is how it should be.

The same thing could be done for Marea's Grace (lvl 7)

1. Change Marea's grace into a temporary aura given to all players similar to the principle of spirit asm
    2. Change the mana cost to like 5k for casting it, 1 sec casting time, 60 seconds duration and 120-180 sec cooldown
    3. The buff should boost a players HP by 150-200k if you ask me (maybe less after dhan/noir nerf)

Or do not change the aura, reduce the mana cost to 100-500 mana per tick and boosted hp to 50k (to keep it on permanently), this is in my eyes the preferred choice, comparing it with other auras.

Another idea could be to boost the HP of mareas grace based on the amount of Psy, this would make a pro psy priest get a good amount of HP while full psy, then change it into a permanent aura with low mana tick to keep it on in pvp and pve. (look at Rumir Seq Fav buff....)

Quote Originally Posted by pimoh View Post
    imagine taking this damage as seen below for example.

We get the point for that extra HP buff but even a 500K hp character can be killed in just 2-3 hits with Dhan's Damagesin which the hp bonus boost factor bonus you give is not a good idea on it to reduce tick time of Marea or mana shield of temps, considering a dhan + guardian zerging a priest even that priest has 800K hp in couple of seconds the priest dead, the point is giving a little defensive power to a support character taking much long stand in pvp before she/he gets die in 1 party.

Blunt Mastery was before an OP skill that was unaaceptable BEFORE the balance pathch and yes we know that, but after this balance patches, blunt mastery is not so concerned anymore even the blunt mastery doesnt changing its blunt mastery effect while other characters giving more potentials to its attacks/melee attacks, making it much powered than to the blunt mastery's melee power before, its not the same as before in result, when giving boost to Dhan,guardians and Noirs melee power its like they are making ANOTHER templar in a Dhans, Gurdians or Noir's clothing, hope you will see and observe this. considering this as a balance if mentaining Blunt Mastery's original setting and giving boost other classe's melee power like what you did to dagger and katar mastery, boosting its melee, boost deadly blow, crazy str making them same level as temps melee power even rangers/scouts so everyone can have a potential of dealing hgih damages making a good mixture in pvp considering a survivable prist in a party.
    Temps have been a pain in the a$$ for years, PWI is not going to risk it to make them too strong any soon. Maybe after all balance patches are deployed blunt will get a final adjustment but for now I'd let it rest and focus on other classes.
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 08-20-2016 at 02:12 AM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Marea's Grace inflated HP is a must, with how over powered everyone is. You cant expect to have Priests Tanking, Healing, Buffing and Spell DPS which requires having 4 mouse pointers in different skills spamming like crazy. The changes implemented on Priests are the bests we had in centuries(Years) but removing one of the best supporting auras in game just because its too powerful is like deleting Templars Blunt Mastery because it was too powerful. Right now if I time my skills right Soul Meditation, Obligation and Magic Barrier I can tank 1 Guardian, 1 Noir and 2 Dhans with Medium gear and that is with some Healing and Magic Barrier recasting on self, make those 4 characters with pro End game gear and I die faster than I can cast Soul Meditation which is instant cast.
    We have some really pro players out there with the most expensive gear ever imagined in the game and without a chance to get +18 accs or newer Upgrades in game you cant expect everyone to be able to survive those 100ks ignoring everyone's defenses going right to our HP Bars

Make Marea's Grace Consume 5000 Mana just to activate and sustain mana just 100 points like Natures Blessing which for me a Priest with Crappy gear and Twins can work just fine a full PA without dying.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Blunt mastery fiasco lewlllllllllllllllllll

Why blame templars and not blame your superiors for releasing overpowered gear and titles and other **** that puts them well over the intended 1500 int mark?

I dont know what exactly playwith did to templars but my assumption since everyone is saying they got 50% less dmg is that they just doubled the int divisor to 2000 int (so a x4 multiplier is now x2 and a x6 multiplier is x3)

which is fine and dandy an ideal solution for now I just hope that they showed playwith USA how to adjust it when they decide its time for another pay2win overpowered cash grab gimick.

Now if we ever want to see templars in this game again you need to make it so reflect cant be debuffed because it defeats the entire purpose of reflect ever existing.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

ok Ive given you personally my input into this but you guys still dont seem to get it. Grace works all fine and well if your grinding, hitting mobs and gaining back mana from staff mastery, nps at all.

BUT

The ONLY way for grace to work in pvp and be of ANY help is IF the priest is FULL Psy with a staff. And when we tested it with my priest we worked out I would be able to run it for 30 seconds or there bouts with the new changes. ok that didnt seem half bad right?

But IF a priest doesnt have an upgrade staff, they are looking at 100k hp or there abouts (depending on gear) 100k + with grace. You can not run grace as a vit char for more that 5/ 10 seconds, theres no way around it.

Now, we have dhans hitting lets say 70k + 70k invenom. In some cases, I know from my own kos guild, some are hitting 100k inv.

Anyhoo There goes your staff wielding Psy Priest. She/ he just got 1 shot by a Dhan. And in most cases theres more than one dhan. Some guards are still doing 40ks and so on (as lets not forget, guards can suck your mana right out of you. Mana charge? Ye, thats still on cd from the last guard that sucked you dry) A FULL Psy priest just does NOT work in pvp. Even running grace. Your staff wielding Psy Priest DOESN'T live long enough to even give the whole pt the benefit of Grace.

(Yes yes, I know your "working on it" in regards to the invemon but with the way things are atm, Im sure things wont be much different).

imho you guys and or who ever made the changes took a perfectly fine buff/aura and rendered it pretty much useless. And even after the changes, its still useless. And the same can be said for Staff mastery. To pvp and even stand half a chance against the kos still, the priest NEEDs to be Vit. But with the changes to Staff Mastery, Heals are SH!T - so in essence thats two buffs/ auras that are pretty much useless for pvp.

Do you know, and you can check this yourself. Every time I want to pvp I reset my stats to vit. In just this last week alone, Ive reset from psy to vit 3 times. I dont even know the number of times Ive done it since the updates, but its been alot. (Sorry, make that 4 times Ive reset. I went bk to psy last night to grind) Psy priest do not work in pvp.
    Im a pvp player and I pvp with the top guilds in this game and more often than not, Im the main focus. With Dhans and alike hitting 70ks theres not way I can survive as a psy priest in pvp. Hell, I can hardly survive when I switch to vit.

Im telling you now (not that it will make ANY difference) but your fix to grace is not a fix. Its still as useless now for pvp as it was be4 the "fix"

If you guys actually tested this stuff yourself with gear and or chars like we the PLAYERS play with everyday, you MIGHT, just MIGHT have some dam insight into what we are bitching about.

Yes, Im salty. Got a problem with that?
    Last edited by xXxAurorAxXx; 08-19-2016 at 07:13 PM.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

^ salt in the wounds LOL

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Right now if I time my skills right Soul Meditation, Obligation and Magic Barrier I can tank 1 Guardian, 1 Noir and 2 Dhans with Medium gear and that is with some Healing and Magic Barrier recasting on self, make those 4 characters with pro End game gear and I die faster than I can cast Soul Meditation which is instant cast.
    Factor in stuns and alike from Dhans/ guards/ noirs and giants and theres every little chance to even cast SM useless your super fast about it, and even when psy, MB is eaten like a fat kid eating candy.

In most cases when I pvp, Im not watching whos comming at me, I focus on my parties hp bars. Healing them, curing them, reving them and then I also have to factor in who to stun, to vacc, to debuff, to bind and so on.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    Factor in stuns and alike from Dhans/ guards/ noirs and giants and theres every little chance to even cast SM useless your super fast about it, and even when psy, MB is eaten like a fat kid eating candy.

In most cases when I pvp, Im not watching whos comming at me, I focus on my parties hp bars. Healing them, curing them, reving them and then I also have to factor in who to stun, to vacc, to debuff, to bind and so on.
    Ik, we have to be focusing all our mind on that pt 24/7 it was just that one time that i casted SM right when the Noir AirBursted to me and MB + Obli right before the Guard Rushed to me and the 2 Dhans. If we are not looking at our surroundings we are looking at our party members which is when we get rekt fast as full Psyche or Vitality doesn't matter right now we don't survive as well as Rumirs and that sucks.
    Last edited by RBNXD; 08-19-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Aside from all this inv/thorns whip thingy, what is happening with int dragon sage? Is it just me or everyone wonders what is the point of sage role at all in this game? Make a sage just so that u could equip glacial/onyx zhen and get raped by all upgraded races and jobs there are currently in game. Seems pretty useless. There are like 1 or 2 players able to play this atm, and those are the people who are in possession of old 1.0 upg zhen with magic attack stat on it (and its still 50% only).
    Too many secrets are locked inside your minds, but you're all equal in life, equal in love.

Origin - Delish (Templar)
    Origin - Maestro (priest)
    Origin - Vendigo (Wizard)

I am guildless HOHOHO (jainus)