+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Banned
    I take it you haven't been in a dogfight in space or got chased around by sentinels yet Keep in mind that in the off chance you find another player, there is nothing stopping you from shooting it out with him and looting his stuff if you win. You can play it a few ways - as a gatherer (collect stuff and keep under the sentinel radar), as a hunter - go shoot up the various lifeforms you meet. or you can be a pirate and terrorize the space lanes at each of the planets you find.

One thing it is not is an MMORPG. It is a 1st person exploration sim with some survival stuff you gotta deal with set in an absolutely monstrous universe where you can name everything you find and chances are nobody will ever see it. I am finding it interesting myself - it is a good change from some of the much faster pace of the action MMORPG genre. As mentioned before - even with a couple hundred thousand people online, chances are you will n oe bump into anyone when there are 50-some on quintillion planets in this procedural universe.

There is a goal to this game (reach the center of that universe) but it will probably take you a lifetime of upgrading ships, suits, weapons and drives to get there but that is your end goal. what you do until you get there is up to you. Part of the play is to develop your strategy on how you want to proceed with your game. At present I have not figured out a way to reboot and start over if you goof things up.

On launch day, like most new titles on release day, there were several bugs that the publisher is slowly patching. It will take time. If this kind of game appeals to you, it is not bad. If it doesn't then don't waste money buying it. Not everyone likes this kind of game.

edit --- @Karren

I have seen a lot of that stuff while waiting for my preorder to deliver. A lot of interesting stuff has been posted by the PS4-based players but the game publishers themselves really are not giving away much "how to" info.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 08-14-2016 at 10:48 AM.

In short, it's like an interplanetary Minecraft minus the pixels and its review is like how Rotten Tomato rate Suicide Squad. But seriously, they said the PC version has lot of issues and if you want to play that game, you better play it in console
    Brought back from the grave made of pencils and papers.

Holy crap so many old names in this thread.

Y'all still play? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by soulholder View Post
    Holy crap so many old names in this thread.

Y'all still play? o.o
    A lot of people have returned while others quitted but yeh a lot of people still playing.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

I might come back to the boards and help out again with some pretty crazy potential upcoming content... if the help is wanted.
    That also assumes I'm given connections/communications and my real forum account back, super-crazy orange-name powers and all.

I'm definitely too scrubby to be of any use in R:BF anymore, and don't think I really have the time to commit to it like I used to (and I was still scrubby there, too!).
    But, I owe Playwith some more service, and quite frankly there's not a good MMO out there it seems. If I can barge in and at least try and shape what's next for the better, I'd be more than happy to.

I might come back to the boards and help out again with some pretty crazy potential upcoming content... if the help is wanted.
    That also assumes I'm given connections/communications and my real forum account back, super-crazy orange-name powers and all.

I'm definitely too scrubby to be of any use in R:BF anymore, and don't think I really have the time to commit to it like I used to (and I was still scrubby there, too!).
    But, I owe Playwith some more service, and quite frankly there's not a good MMO out there it seems. If I can barge in and at least try and shape what's next for the better, I'd be more than happy to.
    Welcome back~!

i logged in yesterday and saw a pvp that lasted 2 minutes. Back in my day this wouldnt even be considered a real pvp. I can't believe how water down the fighting has gotten. You guys really need to start knowing how to play your characters man.
    LexusGS 115 ran - Best Dekan in history retired
    Latvala 114 ran - 2nd Best Dekan in history retired

GM WalkingDead retired

Quote Originally Posted by walkingdeadnyc View Post
    i logged in yesterday and saw a pvp that lasted 2 minutes. Back in my day this wouldnt even be considered a real pvp. I can't believe how water down the fighting has gotten. You guys really need to start knowing how to play your characters man.
    I haven't logged into the game in years to really know. Like I said, I'm not of much use for R:BF since, well, I don't actually really play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baked12345 View Post
    It just get more cool every major update, especially the reaction of the people who does not like it but still it is good to know that they're doing something to make Rohan better.
    Which is what has me intrigued and fairly interested in returning to the community again. While obviously the game has aged and never recovered from past mistakes, I have noticed some changes that have gone in the right direction, and want to both know more about what's going on behind the scenes and assist in further improvements if I'm able.

@soulholder
    Who da fk are you?
    o.O

No but seriously who da fk are you?
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    @soulholder
    Who da fk are you?
    o.O

No but seriously who da fk are you?
    Probably the Messiah~ @.@