+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Beserker's OP Skill

Beserker's level 135 conqueror skill Gigantic Storm gives a boost of 1500% to polearm's attack force for 100 seconds at lvl 7.

Frustratingly, I don't have a bezerker thats high enough lvl to test this out in-game, but I was doing the math and the damage seems quite insane, if it wasn't already obvious.

A darkness polearm has 1798 base attack. 1500% of 1798 is 26,970! This is 26,970 pure attack force!

This buff gives an increase in attack force that is equivalent to having 60 +18 rulers. (450 * 60)

Assuming the polearm has maybe 85% melee and you also have Beserk buff active (another 100% melee), then this becomes 26,970 + 185% = 76,864!

Then you have polarm mastery that deals additional damage based on melee attack (I tested this and it adds 70% of melee as additional damage).

So 76,864 + 70% = 130,669.

That 1500% ends up becoming a 130,669 boost in damage, with only self buffs and Darkness Polearm. That can't be right, can it? Is it typical for end game skills to add that much damage? Of course I'm talking PvE damage. But that 130,669 is only in addition to what you were already hitting. So you are probably hitting between 150k - 175k. You could get really expensive gear, the most OP accessories, but while gigantic storm is up, it will still account for majority of your damage.

My only logical explanation is that the skill dosent do exactly what it says, because + 26,970 attack force from a single skill...

Or perhaps Bezerker was so weak that such a skill is warranted?

I feel like such a nerd right now lol. This skill intrigues me. If only leveling to 135 was easier...

Don't assume things on rohan unless you can test them for real. Things oftenly work out quite differently than you'd expect.

Theory =/= Practical experience
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

What Sniper said and don't forget that Inflated Melee doesn't = Pure melee and doesn't work the same way. While Gigantic Storm might boost your Pure Polearms melee your Berserk skill only inflates your melee its like having Polearm mastery giving that boost to your Pure melee but Berserk only inflates it which right now inflated melee doesn't solve much of your problems which are your lack of defense and that all the other classes have a sh1t ton of Pure melee without getting to lvl135. The skill sounds nice and pro but other classes have a great advantage over you. Sadly I have to say this cause I do like Berserkers hell I even have one but knowing what the other classes have over what I have really disappoints me on gearing him. Polearm Mastery should have had that crit damage boost it had in the past. It could be useful right now

Anyways if you want try to get to 135 with a Savage (soon giants will have an Euphoria like skills but as a buff with 35% HP leeching at lvl7) and then change to Berserker if you want to test it out. Savage Ultimate is very pro to.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by voldy View Post
    Beserker's level 135 conqueror skill Gigantic Storm gives a boost of 1500% to polearm's attack force for 100 seconds at lvl 7.

Frustratingly, I don't have a bezerker thats high enough lvl to test this out in-game, but I was doing the math and the damage seems quite insane, if it wasn't already obvious.

A darkness polearm has 1798 base attack. 1500% of 1798 is 26,970! This is 26,970 pure attack force!

This buff gives an increase in attack force that is equivalent to having 60 +18 rulers. (450 * 60)

Assuming the polearm has maybe 85% melee and you also have Beserk buff active (another 100% melee), then this becomes 26,970 + 185% = 76,864!

Then you have polarm mastery that deals additional damage based on melee attack (I tested this and it adds 70% of melee as additional damage).

So 76,864 + 70% = 130,669.

That 1500% ends up becoming a 130,669 boost in damage, with only self buffs and Darkness Polearm. That can't be right, can it? Is it typical for end game skills to add that much damage? Of course I'm talking PvE damage. But that 130,669 is only in addition to what you were already hitting. So you are probably hitting between 150k - 175k. You could get really expensive gear, the most OP accessories, but while gigantic storm is up, it will still account for majority of your damage.

My only logical explanation is that the skill dosent do exactly what it says, because + 26,970 attack force from a single skill...

Or perhaps Bezerker was so weak that such a skill is warranted?

I feel like such a nerd right now lol. This skill intrigues me. If only leveling to 135 was easier...
    Welcome Voldy! How exciting, are you a math/theory crafter for R.O.H.A.N.?! Can't wait to hear what other cool finds you will discover while playing and exploring! If you are interested in seeing Gigantic Storm in action, you can try to participate in our Battle of the Gods event coming soon, where you will face powerful bosses protecting a random GM controlled boss, with one of them being a Berserker~

Hope to see you there!

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Even if that's all correct and working as you explain. 175k pvE dmg is not even that much - that's 58k PvP damage, not taking into account any DD's and other damage mitigation.
    An ungeared agi dhan hits more.

But it's not.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    Welcome Voldy! How exciting, are you a math/theory crafter for R.O.H.A.N.?! Can't wait to hear what other cool finds you will discover while playing and exploring! If you are interested in seeing Gigantic Storm in action, you can try to participate in our Battle of the Gods event coming soon, where you will face powerful bosses protecting a random GM controlled boss, with one of them being a Berserker~

Hope to see you there!
    Sounds interesting cant wait to see it in action
    Btw make sure it has either 143534514361616521463245672373567356735673567 HP or 99% DD cause with Dhans and Noirs in game it wont last a seconds.
    ;D
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Even if that's all correct and working as you explain. 175k pvE dmg is not even that much - that's 58k PvP damage, not taking into account any DD's and other damage mitigation.
    An ungeared agi dhan hits more.

But it's not.

When you say "but it's not", are you referring to the ungeared Dhan, or referring to the skill being correct and working the way I explain? Couldn't tell.

If you were referring to the way the skill works, I would love to know why you think that it doesn't work the way I explain. My calculations were only based on the skill description, and how similar skills are implemented. Polearm mastery does the exact same thing (+70% polearm attack force) and in game testing shows me that my calculations are right, at least in regards to that skill. Since Gigantic storm does the same thing as polearm mastery, I only assumed it would work the same way. I haven't met any 135+ bezerkers in the game, if there are any at all. So it's true I haven't got any real experience with the skill. But maybe you have, and know that the skill doesn't really work the way I think it does?

About the damage though, perhaps you are right about that. There's also the polearm's slow attack speed; Dhans would hit 3 times faster than a bezerker.
    Last edited by voldy; 07-27-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by voldy View Post
    When you say "but it's not", are you referring to the ungeared Dhan, or referring to the skill being correct and working the way I explain? Couldn't tell.

If you were referring to the way the skill works, I would love to know why you think that it doesn't work the way I explain. My calculations were only based on the skill description, and how similar skills are implemented. Polearm mastery does the exact same thing (+70% polearm attack force) and in game testing shows me that my calculations are right, at least in regards to that skill. Since Gigantic storm does the same thing as polearm mastery, I only assumed it would work the same way. I haven't met any 135+ bezerkers in the game, if there are any at all. So it's true I haven't got any real experience with the skill. But maybe you have, and know that the skill doesn't really work the way I think it does?

About the damage though, perhaps you are right about that. There's also the polearm's slow attack speed; Dhans would hit 3 times faster than a bezerker.
    I should have nuanced it by saying "But it's probably not.", since 95% of skill descriptions are wrong and outdated. Plus, some are misleading (ie: armour defense counting only white stats versus armour defense counting total defense => gigantic difference).
    As you have tested it thoroughly though, I'll assume your calculations are fairly correct - but we can still conclude that it's not at all OP or anywhere near "great". I would classify it under "OK".
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    I should have nuanced it by saying "But it's probably not.", since 95% of skill descriptions are wrong and outdated. Plus, some are misleading (ie: armour defense counting only white stats versus armour defense counting total defense => gigantic difference).
    As you have tested it thoroughly though, I'll assume your calculations are fairly correct - but we can still conclude that it's not at all OP or anywhere near "great". I would classify it under "OK".
    Needs testing so I would say none of you are right

...yet.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

So this one is just a MYTH until some Berserker proves that the conqueror skill Gigantic Storm really gives a boost of 1500% to polearm's attack force for 100 seconds at lvl 7. But afaik Berserkers are like endangered species more like extinct coz all I see everytime I log in are Savages.
    Brought back from the grave made of pencils and papers.