+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

About the daily running involuntary suggestion

For example many of us sometimes got Dc from game in the grinding time in Ronelia/WH/Upper/R5 or other similar place, what I want to say is when your char returning back in game this have like 10-15% hp and if you gear weak, the mobs will kill you without problems... I suggest acquisition of the Hp to max when our chars are login, I don't think it's a damage for game rather a benefit for some of us.
    Last edited by D4rius; 07-25-2016 at 01:47 AM.
    Undecided by the changes that have taken place lately.

Banned
    In the case of a log-in, you come back in at your character's full base stats. Things that add to that like upgrades, accessories, scrolls are not "equipped" until the end of your respawn and just before you appear. The reason for that is that the game does not 'know' what those parts are until you have been (sorry for the programmer's term here but I have no others that can describe it in layman's terms) instantiated in the game. When the character is created in the game, its base stats are used to set the HP and MP bars to their max value. After your character is created in-game, the equipment that is marked as equipped is searched and stats added to your base stats. This will change your maximum HP and mana, but does not fill them up for you. Your HP and MANA recovery is used to do that (which it is a good idea to have a high HP/MANA recovery).

Because of the sequence of event that take place during the character spawning process, it is very low level in the game engine mechanics. I don't see PW's developers attempting to mess with it because they no longer have the expertise to mess with the game engine. Trust me, you DO NOT want those guys messing with things that is way over their heads - they will 200% screw it up.

My modification to your suggestion to be that you respawn at the last Portal you used - just like what happens if you get killed in-game. At least that way you can refresh before getting back to your grinding spot (you might have to do a lot of walking to get there).

Idk if its possible but spawning right in the portal of the dungeons entrance like Demonic Cave, Kerua Monastery, Sunken City, Closed Mine or Ronelia Interiors SZ wouldn't be a bad idea :l
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

I used to play a different game and each and every time we logged in we had a buff that made us immune to any damage for xxx amount of seconds. Even the mobs had it when they re spawned. I suggested a similar kinda thing on one of the p servers I used to play on some years ago because I was having a really bad time with DCs on that server every 10 minutes or so. There was talk about it having it looked into but that server was shut down not long after so nothing ever became of that idea.

On this server I get a "black screen" most times when I log in and it stays that way for a few seconds. If Im grinding in mirror maps, that few seconds means death if there arent other ppls around killing the mobs. An immunity buff would be handy but most likely be abused in pvp somehow, but I like RBNXDs suggestion. Running bk to those maps if you dont have a veng is a pain in the a$$.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

In PoE there is this buff you get for 60 seconds when you log in. If you move or do anything at all it expires so i believe it can be done without it being abuse able.
    The portal thingy could be done with characters popping when Dcing or just logging in in specific teleporting SZs around the game like Gratt waterway for Upper(The one you port in from Shielynth next to the NPC that ports you in), Ronelia Interior SZ, Mirror Dungeon teleportation entrance SZs, Rahkon Dungeon Entrance SZs. Ahkma Cave haves it then why cant other dungeons have it?
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    immunity buff would be cool if it can be auto-applied when your character is first spawned after login and not form in-game death. The in-game death delay is essential to strategic pvp (you go running back into pvp before buffing and recovering, you die fast - as it should be). I would have that buff not disappear when buffing yourself though - would suck if you appear, pop a buff then get ganked by mobs when still at half hp

Another solution would be to make all defensive buffs passives like heroic aura ik some guys don't like the idea for some reason that I still don't understand.
    Example of passive defensive buffs would be Mental Barrier, Protect, Evade, Parry, Bless Shield, Shield Mastery, Battle Chant, Dark Message, Psyche Shield, Critical Immunity, and some others I forgot their names but you should get the idea.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Idk if its possible but spawning right in the portal of the dungeons entrance like Demonic Cave, Kerua Monastery, Sunken City, Closed Mine or Ronelia Interiors SZ wouldn't be a bad idea :l
    Yes im agre with you...
    Undecided by the changes that have taken place lately.

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Another solution would be to make all defensive buffs passives like heroic aura ik some guys don't like the idea for some reason that I still don't understand.
    Example of passive defensive buffs would be Mental Barrier, Protect, Evade, Parry, Bless Shield, Shield Mastery, Battle Chant, Dark Message, Psyche Shield, Critical Immunity, and some others I forgot their names but you should get the idea.
    Buffs are called buffs because they can expire and will be removed when you die. You'll have to buff up again which delays you going straight back into pvp. From PWI's point of vieuw: lvl 7 buffs give an advantage due to: 1 higher stats, 2 instant cast and 3 longer duration. You can't destinguise that in a passive (only point 1), meaning it's less ''wanted'' for people to buy 7s, which probably means less income for PWI.

The game has been devloped with this buff system, I don't really see a need in changing half of the buffs to passives because from there on, why not just make all buffs passives?. The only thing passive buffs will acomplish is people getting into pvp faster/venging in instantly after death and spamming/facerolling their skills more. This is just plain bad since people already get back too fast. You could argue that there should be a death timer for like 10 seconds when you die in which you can't do anything but even then, passive buffs =/= rohan.

I do agree this game could use spawn protection tho, say 15 seconds invulnerability when you respawn:

1. If you are purple or in murderer status and you relog/dc you will not gain the invulnerability buff (you can't get out mid-pvp and log back, you gonna get smacked, too bad if you dc)
    2. If you attack anything during the 15 sec invulnerability (mobs, pvp, bosses etc.) you'll lose the protection instantly
    3. If you assist an ally or person in anyway (healing, buffing and even joining a party etc.) you'll instantly lose the protection buff
    4. You can walk, buff yourself, heal yourself etc without consequences for the protection buff
    5. Beside damage, the protection buff should also neglect all skills and cc, meaning you can't be pouched or such during the buff since that would defeat the purpose of being invulnerable.

fun fact: let's make the protection buff debuffable huehue

I'm Karl....
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    I'm Karl....
    ...King of Ducks.
    Its pointless to send suggestions that will most likely either be ignored, sent to the recycle bin to be deleted or it will never get to Devs eyes anyways.
    The better suggestion is enjoy the game while it lasts and don't spend too much time and love on the things you do cause it will either explode in your face or you'll get hugely disappointed.
    Koreans are doing things their way even if we don't like them cause Korea > International and we all know how the International train goes.
    Looks like they are improving the game somehow but idk how gud that is going over there, better just wait and see.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!