+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I can guarantee to you those are the newest updates so far.
    Retired/Quit status.

They nerfed ps! not that it matters these days with ppl hitting so hard but it used to be a niche buff for your guild now its just for dhans XD

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

From what i can see now it's more un balanced than ever?

Quote Originally Posted by JH1993 View Post
    From what i can see now it's more un balanced than ever?

yeah imagine this Damage to mobs, IMAGINE hitting your char with that (its x2 OP damage from Temps), your character's defenses are useless which you will recieving poison damage 100%, compared to temps, it can be reduced by defenses LOL
    Last edited by pimoh; 07-18-2016 at 02:48 AM.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I must be new here - but somehow I don't feel like priests should be the new farmers class, Noirs be the better templar's class, whilst dhans hit thrice that much but still all of that doesn't matter because - well, obviously temps got nerfed so everything is OK.
    It also doesn't matter how hard the aforementioned classes hit, since it's still just one or two hitting others - regardless.

But hey.

Templars got nerfed.

Idk what kind of balance people were advocating for - but quite obviously my point of view is WAY off track.
    GG.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Hooray for Noirs~!! With invenom and crit rate unchanged, this game still favors Dhan but we'll see what happen if those got implemented or they still probably make some adjustments. (I hope they include the mana cost adjustment for Templars)
    Brought back from the grave made of pencils and papers.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    I must be new here - but somehow I don't feel like priests should be the new farmers class, Noirs be the better templar's class, whilst dhans hit thrice that much but still all of that doesn't matter because - well, obviously temps got nerfed so everything is OK.
    It also doesn't matter how hard the aforementioned classes hit, since it's still just one or two hitting others - regardless.

But hey.

Templars got nerfed.

Idk what kind of balance people were advocating for - but quite obviously my point of view is WAY off track.
    GG.
    I think it is too much to expect balance from balance patches in Rohan

Banned
    Somebody please define "Balance". I can bet every definition you see will be different.

Thing is that the word "balance" implies a lot of things - many of them the opposite of the other.

One thing I can tell you is that nobody here, including me, knows how to balance this game. Not the players, not the staff, not the developers and not the forum warriors.

The best anyone can hope for is that each class is fun to play for those that prefer to play that class. After all, isn't fun what a game is supposed to be all about?

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    The definition of balance is quite clear - but if you want to apply it to an mmorpg; we can start by having every class its use.
    Not every class is supposed to be good at everything. Likewise, one class should not be good at everything.

If a community is begging for an OP char to get its nerf - you do not "balance" the game by nerfing it AND simultaneously creating another class that is even more OP.
    If PvP is all about one or two hitting each other, without tactics involved - you have not a balanced gameplay. If you have one class that hardly needs money investment to be both remotely well at pvP and PvE, whilst other classes need a tremendous amount of money to still suck - you have not created a balanced environment.

When you are forced to not play the class you like, because it is in no way any good - you do not have a balance.
    If you have to run your game literally AFK for 2.5-3years to reach your end-game content - you do not call it fun, nor balanced. The fact that a (legal) bot is a necessity, speaks for its own. Let us not pretend it is not so.

When more players are quitting than are returning/registering/playing - your game is not fun.
    The best anyone can hope for is that each class is fun to play - is exactly what anyone has been asking for. However, not each class is fun to play - that's quite obvious.

When class descriptions no longer matches their actual gameplay, you do not play the class you picked out for. You're playing something else.
    When "balancing" patches introduce everything no one asked for, and hardly anything that was asked for - you call it... Anyway, let us not pretend this is balanced. Let us not pretend this is fun.

You can make one of these OP chars, run around all maps half an hour/an hour a day and one shot everyone and log out and/or put up your bot. Come back couple hours later and repeat the process. If that is a definition of fun and balance, it's but a poor one. It may be fun the first time around, it gets stale very quickly though.

If you let people invest into characters and weapons, to then make them obsolete or applying a whole different role to them (quite a few examples of those around here) - messing up people's their skill tree's whilst also having ripped them off for having them buy a weapon that is no longer useful for the class they play.. it is neither fun or balanced.

Continuously telling us this is what we want and shoving it down our throats, does not suddenly make us want it.

But templars got nerfed, so all of the above doesn't matter.
    We're good.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    The recipe to a successful MMO game:

One simple word - FUN

Fair treatment of players that donate as well as those that do not. There are ways to reward donators that do not affect competitiveness. Take a look around at successful competing games to find out how they do it.

Uncomplicated gameplay leads to better enjoyment for more people. Simple, easy to understand stat and skill structure with no overly complex interactions is far easier to balance and manage than complex ones that have many possible modifies. K.I.S.S.

No overpowered class builds. One character class should be no better than any other in that same role when players of similar skill and level play against each other.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast