+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    of course I dont know their source code, but yes, I believe its as simple as I said. You can simply close current session and open newone.
    but better would be to remake whole client instead of such things

Banned
    to close the current session you need the authentication data to re-establish a new https session with the web server. The only server that ever sees that data is the web server - whose session ends as soon as you have chosen your game server. There is no physical or logical connection between the game server (aka map server) and the web server. By the time you close the game server session there is no web server to go back to. The client needs to restart in order to set up a new web session via the log-in.

There are very few people left within PWI that can do the restructuring necessary to do unauthenticated invocation of the server list. As you say it makes more since to remake a new client from the ground up (wouldn't hurt considering the obsolete geomind graphics engine they are using). They are better off making a REAL Rohan 2 (not that silly RTS/MOBA one they are working on).

hmm thanx for explanation how this client authenticate itself
    even if it directs you to login screen would be helpful (because of loading time)

anyway they said they are working on new client, so lets hope it will be better and stable

Quote Originally Posted by jiryBB View Post
    hmm thanx for explanation how this client authenticate itself
    even if it directs you to login screen would be helpful (because of loading time)

anyway they said they are working on new client, so lets hope it will be better and stable
    Let's cross our fingers
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    I really hope they are working on a new client. The old one is so obsolete and has so many issues it stopped being funny years ago. Hope the redesign ditches that horrible GameGuard rootkit in favor of something that actually works.

I have no problem with client side antihack systems - as long as they do their job without intruding in my gaming with endless false positives.

Yeah like blocking some programs like Skype while I am running rohan. I have to completely close it and then start the program
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    Everybody hates Gameguard - even in every other game I have seen that uses it, not just Rohan.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    (just as an FYI I have been a senior software developer specializing in client server development architecture for over 30 years)
    So you were working in client server development architecture in 1985? And now are you drinking whisky with french ambassador?

Banned
    And you think I wasn't? I gave up whiskey almost as long ago while our friend the french ambassador was prolly nothing more than a gleam in his daddy's eye.

In 1985 I was developing the ATM subhost network for CIBC using 3600 Assembler at the ATM and subhost controller. Subhost attached via SNA LU-0 to an IMS backend. ATMs via B-Loop. Client server my friend
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 07-09-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baked12345 View Post
    Ooooh too good to have you here Penguin.
    I just can't take too much of this programming stuff that is why art is my forte. lols
    Lol what art?
    Brought back from the grave made of pencils and papers.