+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Change server option please GM and Ohm blessing event upg sale maybe?

So I was thinking here while doing some stuff online and I know some other games have the option where you can go back to the server you choose for different characters and stuff. On this one you have to exit completely out of rohan and do it all over again some times when you run more than 1 client it crashes so would that be a option for future help with our players. And its been a very very long time since we havnt had upg sale, that would be great cause I see alot of people now selling their old stuff since this balance patch came out. Well just wanted to post this for future reference hope to hear back from some of the departments there

Quote Originally Posted by sheljamforever86 View Post
    So I was thinking here while doing some stuff online and I know some other games have the option where you can go back to the server you choose for different characters and stuff. On this one you have to exit completely out of rohan and do it all over again some times when you run more than 1 client it crashes so would that be a option for future help with our players. And its been a very very long time since we havnt had upg sale, that would be great cause I see alot of people now selling their old stuff since this balance patch came out. Well just wanted to post this for future reference hope to hear back from some of the departments there
    this would be a great idea! maybe they are working on this one...not impossible to happen.

Banned
    To change characters on the same server you do not have to exit the game completely. There is a change character icon that lets you choose another.
    You do have to exit completely to select a different server. The design of the current client is such that it is not possible to split apart the login, server selection and game playing parts.
    If it were designed in a modular fashion, it would be possible, but sadly Rohan's designers did not know how to make their programs modular when they designed this client. To change it would require a full redesign and rewrite of the client. I cannot see PlayWith investing that much money in this game to do this redesign.

Upgrades: I do not expect to see another Upgrade sale happening. The current staff do not like upgrades and do not want to continue their use beyond those that already exist. Myself and a few others are submitting proposals to PlayWith to create Weapons that would help those that cannot afford upgrades, but would still like to play in the Jainus server. We will need to see how far our contacts in the support team can drive this with their bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    To change characters on the same server you do not have to exit the game completely. There is a change character icon that lets you choose another.
    You do have to exit completely to select a different server. The design of the current client is such that it is not possible to split apart the login, server selection and game playing parts.
    If it were designed in a modular fashion, it would be possible, but sadly Rohan's designers did not know how to make their programs modular when they designed this client. To change it would require a full redesign and rewrite of the client. I cannot see PlayWith investing that much money in this game to do this redesign.

Upgrades: I do not expect to see another Upgrade sale happening. The current staff do not like upgrades and do not want to continue their use beyond those that already exist. Myself and a few others are submitting proposals to PlayWith to create Weapons that would help those that cannot afford upgrades, but would still like to play in the Jainus server. We will need to see how far our contacts in the support team can drive this with their bosses.
    it isnt that big deal to add 1 button "change server"

and about upgrades, I agree that they should sell them all the time and make even cheaper for newcomers - This would be finally BALANCE PATCH - make all things accessible to everybody !!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jiryBB View Post
    it isnt that big deal to add 1 button "change server"
    Adding a button that says "change server"? No, not too tough. It is what happens after you click that button that is so tough.

Adding a button that says "change server"? No, not too tough. It is what happens after you click that button that is so tough.
    every single average programmer would be able to do that

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    You're obviously not one of them.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

aah dont make that big
    It would be at character selection screen, you wouldnt have to rebuild whole server, that button could do only 2 things, 1st to logoff you from current server and 2nd direct you to server selection screen.
    I see it as very simple couple lines only implementation
    Last edited by jiryBB; 07-08-2016 at 08:47 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Baked12345 View Post
    No it is not It would take to rebuild the whole server just to have that button.
    If you have some background at programming, you'll find it soo difficult to do that.
    It's not just buttons and stuff we're talking lol
    aah dont make that big
    It would be at character selection screen, you wouldnt have to rebuild whole server, that button could do only 2 things, 1st to logoff you from current server and 2nd direct you to server selection screen.
    I see it as very simple couple lines only implementation
    Really? Can you by chance do it even if you had their source code?
    How is your session management knowledge when sharing session data between different physical servers?

I really would like to see what you think the rohanclient.exe architecture is.

(just as an FYI I have been a senior software developer specializing in client server development architecture for over 30 years)
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 07-08-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Really? Can you by chance do it even if you had their source code?
    How is your session management knowledge when sharing session data between different physical servers?

I really would like to see what you think the rohanclient.exe architecture is.

(just as an FYI I have been a senior software developer specializing in client server development architecture for over 30 years)
    With my little knowledge of programming I know it's hard making those changes with current architecture
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!