+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    I've seen a topic about it before. My feelings about it are mixed, on one hand I feel like ya'll should stop crying + IDC really coz I only rpk, I don't grind anymore. On the other hand....

To elaborate the issue since I assume some people don't understand the problem:

1. I'm playing with a character that has AOE skills/Auto attack (basically any char in game by now). I've got my HK set up at a nice spot and I'm grinding/farming
    2. My HK is killing mobs, using AOE
    3. Some tard comes by and sees me grinding, knowing I'll return to the spot he decides to unequip his gear and put it in EM/bank
    4. The naked character returns, attacks me once (becomes purple) and gets killed by my HK AOE
    5. Now that character is able to venge me, non stop for an unlimited amount of times(300k each time) for the next 2 weeks till the new maintainance comes

Now I'm an rpker myself and in the 7 years I've farmed I've been farming/grinding forever and been rpk'ed, KOS'ed, PK'ed and what not so much that I honestly don't give a crap anymore. The issue is tho that those players from guilds like Kill3MAll don't just rpk a spot once but 24/7 having their aim set on letting noone HK. For me, I clear a spot maybe once or twice in a day and I get bored, killing the same HK'ing people over and over again is just.....really boring. I rather search for KOS guilds and kill them. But since a part of this community is so dense they bend light I can understand it doesn't take much for them to be entertained.

Again, I don't really care but I've seen quite some players QQ about this and it seems it's an issue for many of them. The way to fix this is really easy, If you are purple and you get killed, you do not get the possibility to avenge your killer(opposed to always getting a venge like now). This would make sense in a way that if you turn purple, you started attacking so if you die.....it's your own problem.

I'm all for a pk/rpk/pvp/KOS game but killing the same few HK'ers over and over and over again venging them everywhere besides ash/ring of flames without any reason at all is too much for me, thus why I don't lower myself to these ''tricks'' but just happily wreck everything once in awhile the good oldfashion ranger way.
    everything u say is the true, they come nude to let you kill them so they can venge 24/7, idc if they pk me, but pking the same character 24/7 is so so boring and annoying, is not my fault if I kill them while they are in purple, why I should have them in venge if they get purple? why? Im not the murderer, thats the pve character scenario, otherwise the Fatet@rd God was one who started doing this sh1t months ago, and now Kill3mAll and everyone who saw that type of xploit is doing it.
    Last edited by brujohechizero; 07-07-2016 at 11:59 AM.
    Vengeance is Always an Option

JustDark server jin (inactive- the most hated DK on server)

Musician, kickboxer,nurse,Bmet, comedian, Rotary International and a Liar..... any doubt? feel free to pm me

To those saying grind manually........... are you also suggesting a 5000x exp rate? even then it would take 6 months to get +50 but ksure we dont need hunterkits amirite?

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brujohechizero View Post
    everything u say is the true, they come nude to let you kill them so they can venge 24/7, idc if they pk me, but pking the same character 24/7 is so so boring and annoying, is not my fault if I kill them while they are in purple, why I should have them in venge if they get purple? why? Im not the murderer, thats the pve character scenario, otherwise the Fatet@rd God was one who started doing this sh1t months ago, and now Kill3mAll and everyone who saw that type of xploit is doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    To those saying grind manually........... are you also suggesting a 5000x exp rate? even then it would take 6 months to get +50 but ksure we dont need hunterkits amirite?
    The comment was mostly a troll, but meh...
    PWI set the need for HK when they provided the ability to reach a level of 165 withut providing the means of getting the experience you need for it. OK, it is a nice high level cap, but where do you find mobs with a level of 175 providing the level of experience necessary for reasonable level progression? The fix for that is creating those grinding spots with mobs that provide the right levels of experience. If you are at 115 +12, you really don't get much exp killing mobs with a level of 120. All you have not is HKs and PKing those running HKs who are near your level (which provides 10x the experience to killing mobs).

The main problem is that players can venge repeatedly simply by recharging their vengeance. While it is a pretty good crone sink, it is interfering with the leveling means required by this game as it stands today (at least those that are getting killed repeatedly).

Simplest solution is to get rid of vengeance recharge altogether. Why is it even there? Somebody kills you, you venge and kill the original guy - or not. End of story. Recharging vengeance has been around a long time. Perhaps it is not more of a hindrance than an help. Perhaps I can throw it into the skunkworks project for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    The comment was mostly a troll, but meh...
    PWI set the need for HK when they provided the ability to reach a level of 165 withut providing the means of getting the experience you need for it. OK, it is a nice high level cap, but where do you find mobs with a level of 175 providing the level of experience necessary for reasonable level progression? The fix for that is creating those grinding spots with mobs that provide the right levels of experience. If you are at 115 +12, you really don't get much exp killing mobs with a level of 120. All you have not is HKs and PKing those running HKs who are near your level (which provides 10x the experience to killing mobs).

The main problem is that players can venge repeatedly simply by recharging their vengeance. While it is a pretty good crone sink, it is interfering with the leveling means required by this game as it stands today (at least those that are getting killed repeatedly).

Simplest solution is to get rid of vengeance recharge altogether. Why is it even there? Somebody kills you, you venge and kill the original guy - or not. End of story. Recharging vengeance has been around a long time. Perhaps it is not more of a hindrance than an help. Perhaps I can throw it into the skunkworks project for discussion.
    Even with lvl 200 mobs it doesnt change the fact that the exp requirement is way too big at this point. I wonder if the new indun will fix this problem.

On the topic of venges I would like to see recharges go as well its a real pvp killer too!

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

yea, they actually said that they are working on new client, it was about 5 months ago whats happen to that ?

Quote Originally Posted by jiryBB View Post
    yea, they actually said that they are working on new client, it was about 5 months ago whats happen to that ?
    Same as you still waiting :l

About the venge system make it one free venge but if you want to venge more you have to pay 250rps hue hue hue
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Even with lvl 200 mobs it doesnt change the fact that the exp requirement is way too big at this point. I wonder if the new indun will fix this problem.

On the topic of venges I would like to see recharges go as well its a real pvp killer too!
    The mighty latvala would always pvp red
    LexusGS 115 ran - Best Dekan in history retired
    Latvala 114 ran - 2nd Best Dekan in history retired

GM WalkingDead retired