+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brujohechizero View Post
    Agree, sell permanently upg and problem solve, like you said, if players cant afford a upg then search for a job, boom!!!!!!!!!!, also they can sell walter medal 7 and abs set through IM, other way to get an income.
    ain't gonna happen bro.

Quote Originally Posted by KepKillingam View Post
    This is my opinion on the upgrade situation,
    Pay per day or Hiring for whatever strength versions of current upgrades is a joke in my opinion the only people happy with this as a solution are those who currently have upgrades and wouldn't have to pay.This game already has a massive amount of items that are Pay to Win without adding the need to hire a weapon as well.
    The way I see it is Developers have 2 options,
    1) Delete all current upgrades completely including accessories, rings and weapons. Abolish them completely from the game and no i don't think any compensation should be paid to those losing said upgrades they have had these upgrades for along time and been practically unbeatable to those without upgrades so they have gotten their moneys worth already.
    OR
    2) Make all upgrades available to all current and future players to level the playing field including all accessories,rings and weapons. This is my preferred option as people who currently have upgrades would not lose out on previous purchases. This would not unbalance the game any worse than it is currently.

The reasoning behind my opinion, Upgrades are a huge advantage over those that are unable to get them due to Developers not selling them, I don't care about peoples claiming they can't afford them or they don't want to spend the money, (play a different game or get a job simple) all i care about is a fair chance for all to be competitive.I know a lot of players that are just getting plain sick of the players that have upgrades and an unfair advantage purely because they were playing the game when upgrades were available to be bought.
    PUT THEM BACK ON THE ITEM MALL PERMANENTLY AND PROBLEM IS SOLVED
    Even tho i agree 100% with you this will never happen,

The Jainus fanboys who are right now sitting on the uppgrades you are talking about are also the ones that have spent the most on this game, that is why Playwith and even PenguinJoe is trying their best to please these players so they dont cry and leave the game, and well....

taking away the uppgrades, rings etc from them and put them on a fair lvl to any other player in the game would MOST DEF make them cry and leave, so yeah...aint gonna happen, these grown kids have spent toooooo much on the game for the gms to ever consider taking the uppgrades away from them, so ill rather see a new weapon sale with stats that are similar to the old uppgrades, timed or not timed,

and these weapon should avalible to everyone so that EVERYONE can choose if they want to put the rps down to kick these grown kids down from the throne they been sittin on for the last 5 years

Banned
    Making current implementations of upgrades 24/7 will only be available to everyone having $200 US or more to spend on pixel weapons. That is really an option to the 30% of players that have too much money burning holes in their pockets. The vast majority of players that would come here don't have $100 to spend on a game much less $200, $500 or $1000. The vast majority of players - even some of that 30% up there would be far happier and more willing to stay around if they are spending less than $50 per month playing a (supposedly F2P) MMO game.

I'm surprised that very very few of the responses we got here really don't understand that concept. But it seems mostly people from Jainus that have that attitude.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 06-29-2016 at 07:32 AM.

Yeah if we dont target those players that haven't or cant spent anything in this game we can see the game deteriorate even more. That is the main idea behind the Premium weapons.
    This should help with the game progress of more players so they can jump in the band wagon to end game.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Making current implementations of upgrades 24/7 will only be available to everyone having $200 US or more to spend on pixel weapons. That is really an option to the 30% of players that have too much money burning holes in their pockets. The vast majority of players that would come here don't have $100 to spend on a game much less $200, $500 or $1000. The vast majority of players - even some of that 30% up there would be far happier and more willing to stay around if they are spending less than $50 per month playing a (supposedly F2P) MMO game.
    If you can't afford 100 bucks to forge an upgrade, assuming they sell them again and make the forge rates reasonable at some point between now and the game shutting down, how the hell is 30 bucks a month for a temporary weapon "affordable?" You play for 4 months and you've already spent more than some guy that just bought upgrade parts and forged them a year ago. Just imagine you play for a year...you've spent more renewing 1 temporary bound weapon than some guy that bought 3 permanent upgrades a year ago...LOL?

That is why your idea sucks nuts man.

Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    If you can't afford 100 bucks to forge an upgrade, assuming they sell them again and make the forge rates reasonable at some point between now and the game shutting down, how the hell is 30 bucks a month for a temporary weapon "affordable?" You play for 4 months and you've already spent more than some guy that just bought upgrade parts and forged them a year ago. Just imagine you play for a year...you've spent more renewing 1 temporary bound weapon than some guy that bought 3 permanent upgrades a year ago...LOL?

Temporary weapons are for those guys that want to give it a shot at the game not for permanent players. That is kind of obvious.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Temporary weapons are for those guys that want to give it a shot at the game not for permanent players. That is kind of obvious.
    Let's assume that they would probably love the game and turn to permanent players. Then these new permanent players will look for better alternatives than spending monthly over a temporary weapon, in the end they would also demand for upgrades. I think this is the problem. If the upgrades won't be available for everyone, these new permanent players will definitely complain.

Everyone will complain if they don't have this or that but we have to start with something at least. Temporary weapons for players that want to see how the game works, Permanent premium weapons for those that want to give it a go to the game without spending too much to get end game or at least be casual, special Upgrades sales for those Hard core players that want to be number one competitive. Sounds pretty good to me.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Just sell the upgrades and have done with it.

When I wasn't in a position to afford an upgrade, I farmed on lowbies and traded on the EM, or just rpk'ed.
    If I was back in that posistion, I definitely wouldn't want to spend $30 a month on a timed weapon - I would rather save my RPs and accumulate e-cash to afford an upgrade.

Sell the weapons again and it becomes easier for players to obtain one.

30k rps for a dagger with average DD on EM atm - and thats me selling, undercutting everyone else.
    If the weapons got sold again, no way in hell would any sell at that price unless they were max DD. Anything with 50-60DD would eventually be selling for 12-15k rps........... yeah I know, its $120-$150 - still expensive - but this is Rohan.......

Besides, once these players who can't afford an upgrade finally obtain one, how are we gonna help them get a Walter medal+7 and high reinforced boss drops?
    Everything in this game is prohibitively expensive to a new player who wants to be competitive in (end game) PVP.

As has already been mentioned, Rohan is almost dead, the graphics are outdated and the classes unbalanced - why would anyone want to drop a load of cash on it?
    Saying that, I do not understand the logic of a company who would like to attract new players to an old game, but do not let them compete unless they sell a vital body part.
    Either delete the weapons or make them available for all to buy - those are the only viable options - how Playwith do not see that, is completely beyond me.
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post

Still one that really doesn't get it.

Answer this: Would you go out and buy a game that costs $500-$2000 and another $30/month upkeep to play it before you have even decided if you like it? Or would you play a game for $60/month upkeep to play until you decide if you like it and OPTIONALLY drop that $300+ for an upgrade or $80 for a premium weapon that is almost as good as an upgrade?

I know which one I would choose.

@Mctwatty --- there isn't a hope in hell of deleting existing upgrades. That would be a fast form of corporate suicide and PWI knows it. You really think 90% of E2N or Lucid would hang around after PWI deleted their 300$ upgrades? They would be gone the following day.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 06-30-2016 at 08:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast