+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
    Banned

Need some input : Premium Weapons

Myself and a few others are working together with PWI staff in a skunkworks think tank project to see what we can come up with for premium weapons.

I know a bunch of you have been beating your heads against the screen to get the Rohan GMs to put upgrades on sale again. For many reasons they are reluctant to do that even though they know that some form of premium weapons is necessary for the ongoing playability of this game. We have submitted proposals to the GM team and on the whole they are receptive to the ideas but very nervous about unbalancing the game with them.

Here is the gist of the proposal so far:

Timed premium weapons:
    • Each has a 7, 15 or 30 day limit.
    • Each provides targeted attack %, health / mana % and absorb % benefits.
    • Works like a 30-day costume - you take it from your IM inventory to activate and the weapon disappears at the end of the time period purchased.
    • Each will be like the "Epics" a few years ago in that they are fully forged and reinforced (I suggest +15)
    • Based on the highest tier weapons.
    • refined to -32
    • Proposed pricing is $1 US per day, meaning 7-Day = $7.00 US = 700 RPs, 15 Day = $15 US = 1500 RPs and 30 Day = $30 US = 3000 RPs. (I suspect ecash prices would be double)

Permanent premium weapons

If you remember the sale a couple years back of the "Newbie Epic" weapons, these would be something along similar lines.
    • All of the same attributes as the Timed versions
    • Can not be traded
    • As a consideration of the non-trade-able nature of these, they will also be cheaper. We have proposed a cost of $80 US = 8000 RPs/16000 ecash.

It is not expected for these to be better than the trade-able upgrades, but closer to the original Epics in capability. As it is expected the current supply of upgrades (1.0, 2.0 and 3.0) are the last of that style of upgrade, they should retain a certain level of value in the Rohan economy. The idea of the premium weapons is to give all players access to weapons that are better than forge-it-yourself in-game goods but something that will give those who are not wealthy a means to compete.

Here is what I am looking for from you folks:

What are your thoughts for the amounts of attack, health/mana and leech properties. I strongly suggest you consider all classes since even Trinities could transmute the permanent versions of these (with the failure rate, I would strongly advise against that!!). I would also suggest specific attack types rather than "All" attack since "All" attack would give double-dipping Templars an unfair advantage.

So have at it guys. What do you think?

--------------- EDIT --------------

One of the guys just reminded me.

While we do have an inside guy listening to our proposals and very hyped by them, he still has to sell the idea to his management. That means that none of this may fly at all, or it may happen only partially or differently. All we can do is feed the info to them and in a way that they can study it internally. To don't expect this to be what will be. All we can do is try. I think the approach our team is taking is a good one since it is done in such a way that the right people have a chance to see it (i.e. those that don't look in the forum).

Cheers!
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 06-23-2016 at 12:06 PM.

So, in other words, chimera weapons but less expensive and more stat
    Main Char:
    FeelMyPP - 115+9

Banned
    No sockets tho.

I was thinking more like a non-tradeable version of the original epics. Those are still decent even by today's standards, though not so good as to threaten the upgrade EM market. And having leech makes them far more useful in surviveability. I would even go so far as to reduce melee/magic/ranged attack to say 80% in favor of leech and DD.

The old school Epics were/are great, tbh. Something on par with those or even slightly reduced would help significantly. Wouldn't be "game-breakingly good".. but still enough to leave something to be desired. Could be just enough to put a lot of people in Warehouse/Mirror that otherwise might never be able to handle it otherwise, as well. I like the idea, thus far.
    Main Char:
    FeelMyPP - 115+9

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Would give some that currently cannot farm due to forging issues, no drops, no available weapons or just general lack of decent stats - some headroom to farm the necessary gear or to join in decent pvp (whereas they are now left out).
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Something i just thought of... What would they do for trinities though? Something would need to be proposed for that as well.
    Current system is entirely incompatible for temporary weapons. It would take a ton of coding and such to change that. I dont really see that being all too viable without assistance from Korea.
    Unless they can make it 100% transmute success rate on them and no or 1 crone cost to do so... but then the temporary part. Not all too sure how that'd work.

Edit: Re-read it and saw a trinity bit in there... perhaps maybe something that would be "trinity specific" so to speak. Where it somehow gave 100% success on that particular weapon(I believe that 1% hp/mp abs weapon you first get when making a trinity char does something similar, no?)... the rest could have the normal rates... but again the temporary thing and amount of coding required for that might be a pain.
    Last edited by CPG215; 06-23-2016 at 01:17 PM.
    Main Char:
    FeelMyPP - 115+9

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPG215 View Post
    Something i just thought of... What would they do for trinities though? Something would need to be proposed for that as well.
    Current system is entirely incompatible for temporary weapons. It would take a ton of coding and such to change that. I dont really see that being all too viable without assistance from Korea.
    Unless they can make it 100% transmute success rate on them and no or 1 crone cost to do so... but then the temporary part. Not all too sure how that'd work.
    Trinities are just an abomination, but yes.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Trinities are just an abomination, but yes.
    No they aren't, they are a Korean fart.
    xD
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Commoner
    I'm sorry man, but that is a terrible idea. They should sell forge parts for like 3 dollars apiece and quadruple the forge rates so people can just forge perm weapons, or sell permanent already made "epics" for 20 bucks that bind to character. 30 dollars a month to maintain a weapon is the equivalent of a subscription on 2-3 newer games...plus if you want to be competitive your going to be buying other things as well...like costume parts, scrolls, ases, etc.

Two of the biggest complaints I've been seeing on the forums lately are ****ty rates and its too expensive(partly because of ****ty rates) and your solution is an expensive temporary item and not to address rates at all...lol?

Well ok...I say that is what they should do assuming they keep charging down the wrong path, but the reality is selling weapons more powerful than in game drops was the worst thing they've ever done and they should erase them all immediately. Its also kind of pointless to even bother selling new weapons until we get our version of the korean pvp armor...otherwise you'll just end up with another oh **** moment like selling ridiculous katars right before a major dhan buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    I'm sorry man, but that is a terrible idea. They should sell forge parts for like 3 dollars apiece and quadruple the forge rates so people can just forge perm weapons, or sell permanent already made "epics" for 20 bucks that bind to character. 30 dollars a month to maintain a weapon is the equivalent of a subscription on 2-3 newer games...plus if you want to be competitive your going to be buying other things as well...like costume parts, scrolls, ases, etc.

Two of the biggest complaints I've been seeing on the forums lately are ****ty rates and its too expensive(partly because of ****ty rates) and your solution is an expensive temporary item and not to address rates at all...lol?

Well ok...I say that is what they should do assuming they keep charging down the wrong path, but the reality is selling weapons more powerful than in game drops was the worst thing they've ever done and they should erase them all immediately. Its also kind of pointless to even bother selling new weapons until we get our version of the korean pvp armor...otherwise you'll just end up with another oh **** moment like selling ridiculous katars right before a major dhan buff.
    lol whaaaat
    Main Char:
    FeelMyPP - 115+9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast