+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I'm for a $10-15 monthly maintenance fee and an occassional extra influx of 60-80$'s for things like an upgraded weap.

I don't mind timed weapons, or any of that sort - but it's not worth it to me to spend more than '$15 maintenance cost per month on a 7y old game. Very much so since this is not the only game and those, too, require some money input here and there.
    That $10-$15 is a given, it's a fixed cost/income (POV).

That $60-$80 I choose to either invest to buy another game or to buy something special like an upgraded weapon or new accessories or any of that kind.

Timed weapons? Sure, but they should be released simultaneously with upgraded sales (~$80) and the cost of these (timed weapons) should not exceed 2500 E-CASH
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    If you can't afford 100 bucks to forge an upgrade, assuming they sell them again and make the forge rates reasonable at some point between now and the game shutting down, how the hell is 30 bucks a month for a temporary weapon "affordable?" You play for 4 months and you've already spent more than some guy that just bought upgrade parts and forged them a year ago. Just imagine you play for a year...you've spent more renewing 1 temporary bound weapon than some guy that bought 3 permanent upgrades a year ago...LOL?

That is why your idea sucks nuts man.

If you wanted the bang for your buck thats the $80 account bound weapon that is not going anywhere. How convenient in your math you forget the fail forge rate (have you tried post anus server forging?) and reinforcing where safe is +5 again.

I would gladly pay 80 bucks for a permanent glacial epic so long as it has 60% dd and I can move it between my chars internally.

The timed ones need a markdown on the longer durations tho old man. This way you encourage their intended purpose (low barrier of entry) while still enticing people to buy the permanent ones.

7 day: 1 dollar a day (7$)
    30 day: 60 cents a day (18$)

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    I would gladly pay 80 bucks for a permanent glacial epic so long as it has 60% dd and I can move it between my chars internally.
    As far as I can find in the dirty binary crap of the item option definitions give a 'lock to account' option. There is definitely a lock on equip, but nothing beyond that so passing them around within an account may not be an option that can be pulled off. Usually anything that can go into your treasury are things that can be traded (or sold).

How are the blue named eyes/ears defined? Maybe they could have the properties sunny is looking for in regard to account bound and able to be stored

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    If you wanted the bang for your buck thats the $80 account bound weapon that is not going anywhere. How convenient in your math you forget the fail forge rate (have you tried post anus server forging?) and reinforcing where safe is +5 again.
    ^^forging event is exciting..mixed of emotions..hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    How are the blue named eyes/ears defined? Maybe they could have the properties sunny is looking for in regard to account bound and able to be stored
    Blue items are tradable on the EM tho. I dont remember the color but I think there is a non tradable item type that allows storage in treasury.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Still one that really doesn't get it.
    Who is that, you?

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Answer this: Would you go out and buy a game that costs $500-$2000 and another $30/month upkeep to play it before you have even decided if you like it? Or would you play a game for $60/month upkeep to play until you decide if you like it and OPTIONALLY drop that $300+ for an upgrade or $80 for a premium weapon that is almost as good as an upgrade?

I know which one I would choose.
    That is like asking me if I'd rather get kicked in the nuts by a steel toe boot or hit in the nuts with a baseball bat...I'd pick neither. I can buy an entire game for 60 dollars with no pay to win...why would I want to pay 60 bucks for a temp pay to win item which really isn't going to mean jack if you have garbage accessories and armor anyhow. As far as spending 500-2000 for some pixels that may be rendered trash by the next update...nope, not gonna happen.

Some of the other games I've been playing for years...paid 60 bucks for one and a couple years later they came out with a 60 dollar expansion. No pay to win involved, just pay for cosmetics. Another one...free to download and play, they sell content and cosmetics. I probably charge about 30-50 bucks a year for the 5-6 years I've been playing it. It also comes with I think a 10 dollar a month subscription that unlocks everything...cool for newer people to try it out for a month, and quite a few veteran players sub just to support the game. Another one...free to download, pay for cosmetics and pay to get things faster...you can get all the best gear in game you'll just max enchant it quicker/less farming by spending.

Funny thing...the amount I've spent on these three games in the last 5 years and have gotten, and still get much enjoyment out of them, and none of them involve any pay to win crap, is still less than either of the two choices you have given me with how much you think people will reasonable spend just for gear on Rohan that may be turned second class the second they decide to sell some more powerful pay to win stuff. Oh yeah...and they all have active populations much larger than Rohan...go figure lol.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    Who is that, you?

That is like asking me if I'd rather get kicked in the nuts by a steel toe boot or hit in the nuts with a baseball bat...I'd pick neither. I can buy an entire game for 60 dollars with no pay to win...why would I want to pay 60 bucks for a temp pay to win item which really isn't going to mean jack if you have garbage accessories and armor anyhow. As far as spending 500-2000 for some pixels that may be rendered trash by the next update...nope, not gonna happen.

Some of the other games I've been playing for years...paid 60 bucks for one and a couple years later they came out with a 60 dollar expansion. No pay to win involved, just pay for cosmetics. Another one...free to download and play, they sell content and cosmetics. I probably charge about 30-50 bucks a year for the 5-6 years I've been playing it. It also comes with I think a 10 dollar a month subscription that unlocks everything...cool for newer people to try it out for a month, and quite a few veteran players sub just to support the game. Another one...free to download, pay for cosmetics and pay to get things faster...you can get all the best gear in game you'll just max enchant it quicker/less farming by spending.

Funny thing...the amount I've spent on these three games in the last 5 years and have gotten, and still get much enjoyment out of them, and none of them involve any pay to win crap, is still less than either of the two choices you have given me with how much you think people will reasonable spend just for gear on Rohan that may be turned second class the second they decide to sell some more powerful pay to win stuff. Oh yeah...and they all have active populations much larger than Rohan...go figure lol.
    I'm trying to figure you what your argument is here..

Are you saying Rohan is an expensive game to play? Well, Duh! You are preaching to the choir bro.

So fine then. IF you don't want to play the game, don't play the game. As you say there are 3 games that cost you less to play and you get pore enjoyment from. Have a ball.

This thread is not about how much cheaper other games are to play. That is common knowledge. It is not a philosophical discussion on whether players should help keep alive this aging game or if it should be allowed to die with dignity. Nor is it a discussion on whether or not upgrades should or should not be sold. All of that is completely beyond the scope of this discussion. This is a thread simply to provide input on what attributes premium weapons should have - if PWI accepts our proposal to create them. There are no commitments one way or the other on that last.

Everybody knows this game is unplayable at the top end without some form of premium weapon (whether a rental, permanently locked or something tradeable) in hand. As it stands today, upgrades will cost you upwards of $300 to acquire one (good luck finding a decent upgrade Katar for less than $300). PWI has already stated that they are not interested in putting out even more heavily overpriced upgrade weapons (I have already covered the reasons they are not interested in that route). So pricing is totally in the hands of players on the EM.

My goal here is to find a way to give newcomers in this game a chance to grow to the point where they can choose how much they want to pay (or not pay). As it stands now newcomers to this game are scared shitless when they find out the extreme cost of gaming here and go running. This proposal is not a cure, but it is a help. Any help that can can keep new players here is a help to keep this game alive.

Now, if you have something constructive to add to your posts, please feel free to do so. But if you do, please take the time to think them through seriously. If you can't handle that, I am sure those other enjoyable, cheap games are looking for you to troll.

Not sure how much the onyx tier premiums would help new players. Granted, some of them may go straight into EM/IM for chars and gear, but the average newbie will probably make a new character to try out the game. There are other problems they'll notice much sooner than the upgrades or lack of them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bosshunt View Post
    Not sure how much the onyx tier premiums would help new players. Granted, some of them may go straight into EM/IM for chars and gear, but the average newbie will probably make a new character to try out the game. There are other problems they'll notice much sooner than the upgrades or lack of them.
    I imagine so. I would hope that most new players would start from the bottom and work their way up (at least most of the way) before jumping into the mad end-game scene. The premium weapons I proposed won't help them too much during that period, but to be honest I don't think they really need heavy-hitting weapons before hitting lvl 115. PWI did for a short time offer permanent lowbie epics some time back. I actually have a sword and dagger on a human I built some time back. I personally really liked those since they could be used effectively from lvl 30 right on up to 7x. At the time they cost 1500 rps and were character bound, but I found them well worth the price since they gave much the same value as twins.

I may put a paragraph in the updated proposal to bring those back. They were really helpful imho.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast