+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
    A non tradeable item should be cheaper, that price is way too high for it. the time premium weps are considerable.
    Vengeance is Always an Option

JustDark server jin (inactive- the most hated DK on server)

Musician, kickboxer,nurse,Bmet, comedian, Rotary International and a Liar..... any doubt? feel free to pm me

i think the $80 ballpark price is fair considering the price for chimera sockets. i would also strongly suggest these for isen server given how difficult it is to make an opa/tali weapon and the fact that there isnt a way to get ferkhans on isen right now (that i or anyone i know is aware of) and its supposed to be a crafted-gear-focused server. i think that with rohan and the rmt circles that exist, some prices have to be delicately balanced to not make rmt feel like the obvious choice for catching up to the current level to pvp and farm.

I like the idea, I wouldn't mind if they had the same stats as epics - just fix the staff. Make it with HP instead of MP, otherwise it's quite unfair :c

The people who've been asking for upgrades are mostly significant spenders and old farts. If you want to provide means for them to properly PvP I don't think the epic stats will cut it, because the base weapon damage increase from glacial to onyx tier, a bit of hp/mp abs and mobility are not enough to put up with the 90% ra & wa, 3x% crit on katar (or even 2x% on a lot more upgrades), and/or 50% att speed 7x% att and 6x-8x dd on all the rest of 2.0-3.0 upgrades that already exist in significant enough quantities to be not ignorable; either offensive or/and defensive stats need to be increased.

If the plan is to ignore them regardless and aim for broader audience 3k RPs/6k ecash per month for the temporary, and 8k/16k for the permanent untradeable is too much for the casual player.

This concept is like in the FPS games buying non perm and permanent equips. But will this concept may affect the players or the game itself? Like some might got lazier coz they just need to spend more just to obtain fixed stats weapons. I think it may also affect other features of the game like forging related stuff. Just my opinion.
    Brought back from the grave made of pencils and papers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brujohechizero View Post
    A non tradeable item should be cheaper, that price is way too high for it. the time premium weps are considerable.
    When you consider a 30-day is proposed as $30 US, a permanent version should be the value of about a 3-month rental. When you consider that tradeable upgrades cost $20 US/part (there's the $80) plus at least $100 to forge and reinforce it (and that is best case scenario - rates are horrible and you will spend way more), a pre-forged, pre-reinforced, pre-refined weapon at $80 is a huge bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by bosshunt View Post
    The people who've been asking for upgrades are mostly significant spenders and old farts. If you want to provide means for them to properly PvP I don't think the epic stats will cut it, because the base weapon damage increase from glacial to onyx tier, a bit of hp/mp abs and mobility are not enough to put up with the 90% ra & wa, 3x% crit on katar (or even 2x% on a lot more upgrades), and/or 50% att speed 7x% att and 6x-8x dd on all the rest of 2.0-3.0 upgrades that already exist in significant enough quantities to be not ignorable; either offensive or/and defensive stats need to be increased.

If the plan is to ignore them regardless and aim for broader audience 3k RPs/6k ecash per month for the temporary, and 8k/16k for the permanent untradeable is too much for the casual player.
    When you consider:
    1. The only upgrades you can get is via PM and you are paying anything from 20,000 ->60,000 rps for it ($200->$600 US) the price of these is entirely reasonable if you want to have any hope in competing.
    2. These are not meant to be record-setting weapons. They are meant to be better than anything you can forge in-game, but not as good as the current stream of upgrades. On one hand we are trying to give those that can't pay a huge amount of money up front a chance to actually play, while at the same time protecting the investment that folks have made in the 3 upgrade releases to still be relevant. After all, those folks have shelled out a lot of money for their weapons. They should not be made obsolete simply to give those who are not rich a helping hand.
    3. Remember there are all kinds of things that add to your attack and health in this game like reinforced boss drops and rings. These weapons are not meant to make you an instant winner, only to give you something that will be better than anything you can forge in-game. They are not meant for the big-spenders in the game who can afford to drop $200-$600 on a weapon.
    4. Because they are untradeable and have lower stats, they should have a lower up-front cost than a tradeable upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrus View Post
    This concept is like in the FPS games buying non perm and permanent equips. But will this concept may affect the players or the game itself? Like some might got lazier coz they just need to spend more just to obtain fixed stats weapons. I think it may also affect other features of the game like forging related stuff. Just my opinion.
    The problem is that there is no way to create weapons in-game that come anywhere close to the capabilities of the upgrades or even the original epics. You can farm the best parts available and still be out-gunned by them. Not even in-game forged Onyx weapons can.

The game is an many ways broken.. We can't hope to fix the game itself. PWI is doing their best to rebalance things, but even that may not be enough. As it is today, those with upgrades will always win over those that are without them. Some type of permanent solution needs to be in place to fill the huge gap between in-game forged weapons and the upgrade versions. That is where I see these premium weapons sitting. They will still be more expensive for those that play by farming only, but the cost is not as hideous as tradeable upgrades. PWI gets the bonus of a RP sink with them as well so there is some income they can get from it.

Oh, and if they are built on onyx base, I doubt anyone lower than lvl 115 +17 would be able to use them. As to whether they should be transcendable or not remains to be discussed.

I would not recommend these in Isen. All Isen weapons can be created in-game and that should not be change. Introducing these in Isen would be a huge mistake.

I like the specs of the Epics on these. I am not sure what those specs on an Onyx weapon base would do. For sure the attack level may need to be reduced some.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 06-24-2016 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    When you consider a 30-day is proposed as $30 US, a permanent version should be the value of about a 3-month rental. When you consider that tradeable upgrades cost $20 US/part (there's the $80) plus at least $100 to forge and reinforce it (and that is best case scenario - rates are horrible and you will spend way more), a pre-forged, pre-reinforced, pre-refined weapon at $80 is a huge bargain.

When you consider:
    1. The only upgrades you can get is via PM and you are paying anything from 20,000 ->60,000 rps for it ($200->$600 US) the price of these is entirely reasonable if you want to have any hope in competing.
    2. These are not meant to be record-setting weapons. They are meant to be better than anything you can forge in-game, but not as good as the current stream of upgrades. On one hand we are trying to give those that can't pay a huge amount of money up front a chance to actually play, while at the same time protecting the investment that folks have made in the 3 upgrade releases to still be relevant. After all, those folks have shelled out a lot of money for their weapons. They should not be made obsolete simply to give those who are not rich a helping hand.
    3. Remember there are all kinds of things that add to your attack and health in this game like reinforced boss drops and rings. These weapons are not meant to make you an instant winner, only to give you something that will be better than anything you can forge in-game. They are not meant for the big-spenders in the game who can afford to drop $200-$600 on a weapon.
    4. Because they are untradeable and have lower stats, they should have a lower up-front cost than a tradeable upgrade.

The problem is that there is no way to create weapons in-game that come anywhere close to the capabilities of the upgrades or even the original epics. You can farm the best parts available and still be out-gunned by them. Not even in-game forged Onyx weapons can.

The game is an many ways broken.. We can't hope to fix the game itself. PWI is doing their best to rebalance things, but even that may not be enough. As it is today, those with upgrades will always win over those that are without them. Some type of permanent solution needs to be in place to fill the huge gap between in-game forged weapons and the upgrade versions. That is where I see these premium weapons sitting. They will still be more expensive for those that play by farming only, but the cost is not as hideous as tradeable upgrades. PWI gets the bonus of a RP sink with them as well so there is some income they can get from it.

Oh, and if they are built on onyx base, I doubt anyone lower than lvl 115 +17 would be able to use them. As to whether they should be transcendable or not remains to be discussed.

I would not recommend these in Isen. All Isen weapons can be created in-game and that should not be change. Introducing these in Isen would be a huge mistake.

I like the specs of the Epics on these. I am not sure what those specs on an Onyx weapon base would do. For sure the attack level may need to be reduced some.
    I didn't need a upgrade to win vs upgraded/epic users. In fact I switch to my regular staffs all the time. I also farm sunken/demonic/mon solo self buffed on my regular staffs and my chimera staff if I choose to. Lets get that misconception out the way.

In regards to the idea; whatever. IDC. Just make the staffs almost like my 3.0 but w/ mobility- thanks.
    *You shall never be forgotten*- Victims of gun violence

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post

When you consider:

In my opinion the best way to discontinue upgrades is to keep selling the current ones until a high enough tier comes along to phase them out, because while the GM-s want to ignore the existing upgrades they are not going anywhere and ignoring them won't change the fact. I am all for untradeable upgrades and temporary ones provided they have same stats and reduced price - that way you will target wider audience, will not disappoint the buyers with lesser weapons, and existing tradeable upgrades will not be devalued.

If you expect us to make up for the inferior weapons by other means such as reinforced boss drops then let me remind that train is long gone. That time is gone since the reinforcement rates were reduced to trash level so that people can not even make +12s, and since the walters, absolutes, chimeras and feathers were discontinued by getting rid of Rohanopoly and nerfing Big5/Lucky7.

Rant:
    Having said all that, apparently they want to keep the real end-game items (upgs, walters, absolutes and highly reinforced boss drops) in artificial deficit. By all means, let the top players sit on their accumulated wealth and power. Meanwhile let us sell some lesser weapons to give the rest a hope to be competitive, and keep the reinforcement rates low to make sure they don't actually become competitive. Wonder who's going to shell out 3k/6k per month for a farming weapon anyway (60% attack is surely too much against 7x-9x% attack + enormous crit rates/wa/att speed/dd, how about 45-50% attack - sounds much better), but if you are certain it is a "huge bargain" then I have no more comments on this thread. The topic's been discussed to death over the past years anyway, and upgrades, premium weapons and class balances won't fix the game.
    Last edited by bosshunt; 06-24-2016 at 01:09 PM. Reason: added extra salt

Quote Originally Posted by kadeeem View Post
    I didn't need a upgrade to win vs upgraded/epic users. In fact I switch to my regular staffs all the time. I also farm sunken/demonic/mon solo self buffed on my regular staffs and my chimera staff if I choose to. Lets get that misconception out the way.
    Well you're using +18 rings. We aren't talking about ppl with high end equip, aight?

Quote Originally Posted by kadeeem View Post

In regards to the idea; whatever. IDC. Just make the staffs almost like my 3.0 but w/ mobility- thanks.
    1 nerf to mages from Korea has yet to arrive