+ Reply to Thread
    Banned

FYI: Rohan client does not run on ASUS ROG System

For the past few weeks I have been troubleshooting the Rohan client not being able to run on my newly-built system. I have found the reason for and the solution to this problem that will now share with you:

I have for the past few weeks been unable to run the rohan client with the following symptoms:
    • Launcher starts and patches OK
    • When clicking "Play", the GameGuard flash window shows up and it patches OK.
    • Often my Stardock ObjectDock utility will crash.
    • Nothing further happens. No GameGuard or Windows crash screens appear. The following appears in my Windows Application Event Log (your rohan paths will differ):
    Faulting application name: rohanclient.exe, version: 1.0.4.905, time stamp: 0x57285064
    Faulting module name: npsc.des, version: 2016.4.12.1, time stamp: 0x570c56cc
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00002af4
    Faulting process id: 0x251c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1c988bff6e1b0
    Faulting application path: E:\Games\RohanUS\rohanclient.exe
    Faulting module path: E:\Games\RohanUS\GameGuard\npsc.des
    Report Id: 770d1952-b435-4566-a2f6-c146d492620d
    The parts highlighted are the important parts because they cause a 'Silent' crash which leaves the user scratching his head.

Experience has shown that GameGuard does not tolerate system level applications

The ASUS R.O.G. motherboards come with several system-level applications that let you fin-tune your system. A part of this is the ASUS ROG Sonic Studio/Sonic Radar enhancements for gaming.

In order to stop that Rohan game client crash, you must stop the ASUS Sonic Studio from running. Although this software is intended specifically to enhance your gaming experience, GameGuard is not compatible with it.You need to shut it down if you intend to play Rohan or any other game that uses INCA GameGuard.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 06-19-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Wohoo, wb ingame then

Banned
    what build did you go with? im thinking about 6800k intel and 1070 or 1080. or 6800k and the new 480 / 490 cards coming out soon

Banned
    i only do 1080p gaming and i want 60+ fps any game on ultra max settings

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnc1186ishere View Post
    i only do 1080p gaming and i want 60+ fps any game on ultra max settings
    So you still want to live in basement with your mom ? Awh fk, Emma from Montréal.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    what build did you go with? im thinking about 6800k intel and 1070 or 1080. or 6800k and the new 480 / 490 cards coming out soon
    I take it that you will OC the intel? Otherwise there's but little point to shell out the extra money for both the cpu and MOBO if you don't utilise it.

The 480 runs faster than the 970/980 and r9 Nano, for a lot less money - an OC'd RX480 8GB should be a little shy of the R9 FURY. For 1080p gaming, you don't need more.
    Also taking into account the possible performance gains with DX12.

Due to the newer architecture (14nm) this RX480 runs a lot cooler for a lot less energy, as such you can OC it on an air cooled rig, rather than having to shell out the money for a (closed) watercooled system.

Considering the current cost of the 1080 here in BE, I don't see any reason to pick the nvidia over the amd - especially at 1080p gaming.
    If you do have the extra money, a 1070 might be more future proof perhaps in 144hz gaming or higher, though.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 06-20-2016 at 02:57 AM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

It all depends on budget and performance(mostly what you're looking to achieve with said hardware).
    I am a cheap guy that am totally happy with a 3x Phenom CPU @ 2.5GHz, 8Gb of DDR 3 memory, on board GPU, 720p TV and a 250Gb of HDD(or SSD).
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Yes, depending on what kind of games you run. If playing anything else than an MMORPG (such as BF, Total War games, RTS's etc) an SSD is a must have.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    My build is as follows:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero
    i7-6700K @ OC to 4.5Ghz (socket 1151 - very mild OC)
    64GB Corsair DDR4 3200 memory (4x 16GB sticks)
    NVidia GTX 970 (major overkill for Rohan but handles Assassins Creed Unity @2560 x 1440 high quality & decent framerates)
    1024GB SSD Boot drive, 512GB SSD gaming drive, 4TB Development drive & a few other scattered SSD & HDD for other stuff
    NZXT Kraken X60 AIO Liquid cooling with 2x 140mm high static pressure fans

I avoided the socket 2011 chips - I don't need the multithreading of those. Judging from my older i7-3930 system, you should be able to overclock the i7-6800 a fair ways before you end up hitting a brick wall with the heat (they get hella hot once you pass the 4Ghz mark because you have to up the voltage & you got 6 cores belting out the heat).

the 1070/1080 cards are dandy. they are reasonably cool as well. I don't have much data on the newer AMD cards though. I do know over the past couple years they have been falling behind nvidia in performance and heat generation. Who knows maybe AMD turned things around with this release.

don't expect to get more than 20 fps in Rohan though. The frame rate is capped at 20fps. Those that have messed with raising that cap to 40fps ran into kiting issues with ranged classes (all elves can't attack move while attacking)