+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    One of Linn`s boys doing the dirty job for her
    Wish I hadn't bonked into a wooden pillar at school recently so I could be more snarky :/

But yeah, that's one of the reasons why I dislike fat-ass(wide) cars, especially in rural parts of Germany(which my town belongs to) you'll have to go off-road on a number of streets to avoid a collision or at least ensure a safe enough distance quite often.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I drove 2.5k km in Germany couple months ago, you guys have 100 kph roads on the smallest of streets - and that without any light at all . Using high beams to see the next corner, just bit crappy when the oncoming traffic forgets they have their highbeams on and just blind you for the next 200m...

I prefer it though, because here it's the exact other way around... 50 and 70 where you easily could go 90-120 (also max. speed in all of Belgium)...
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    My first car was a hatchback (which was nice driving in corners and city).

My second is a midsize-sedan (4.85m) with all the whistles and bells and to be honest, I wouldn't trade it for a smaller one any time soon despite the parking issues in towns or underground garages (besides, if you're too lazy, it parks itself anyway). Plus it looks nice for business :P
    Mine was an orange 2-door '65 Chevelle station wagon. I bought it from a guy who got pissed off with it when the police pulled his plates for having a big crack in his windshield. I paid a case of 24 beers + $100 for it.

It was a unique car with a history... It was a school body shop project. Here's what they did to it:
    • Cut the car in HALF right behind the front doors.
    • Chopped the back off at the hatch. Everything between these two parts was tossed in the trash - body, driveline, chassis.
    • Welded in a triangular piece of metal right behind the cut off area behind the doors and welded the rear hatch onto that.
    • Cut the rim off of a couple of barrels and welded them onto that trianglar piece on each side to act as rear wheel flares.
    • Shortend the driveshaft and mated the rear-end to the shortened car.
    • Put dual rear wheels onto each side
    • Put a wooden bumper across the back
    • Put porthole windows (popular on vans back in the '70s) into each of the new triangular side panels

The car had a 283 CID V8 engine and a 2-speed powerglide transmission.
    We used to call it the Half-A-Car. It was at the end if it all about the length of a Honda Civic but wide enough to fit 3 mid-sized people on its single bench seat. With that V8 and really light rearend, it was a wee bit nuts.

For a 1st car, it was pretty unique. I popped in a windshield from the junkyard for $50 and drove around in it until I got tired of all the police attention
    Don't ask to see a picture - this was over 40 years ago and there was no such thing as digital cameras (or personal computers or Internet for that matter) back then.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 06-17-2016 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Don't ask to see a picture - this was over 40 years ago and there was no such thing as digital cameras (or personal computers or Internet for that matter) back then.
    Did you have electricity even? ;D

Sorreh xD

I drove 2.5k km in Germany couple months ago, you guys have 100 kph roads on the smallest of streets - and that without any light at all . Using high beams to see the next corner, just bit crappy when the oncoming traffic forgets they have their highbeams on and just blind you for the next 200m...
    Lol, true. Those are "Landstraßen" - not like highways or so. But they can be tricky as fk You get used to them though. Always funny when you see foreign or old people on them - feels like they are rolling and not driving their cars >.>

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Ye.. I much prefer them above ours here..
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by knuffl88 View Post
    Did you have electricity even? ;D

Sorreh xD
    We had tallow candles for light and burned dung for heat.

Some say Jesus was my love child. I won't confirm or deny that rumor.

I prefer it though, because here it's the exact other way around... 50 and 70 where you easily could go 90-120 (also max. speed in all of Belgium)...
    That is why the more upscale Mercedes and BMW cars have headlights that 'look' in the direction you turn your wheels

*turns steering wheel to look an the upcoming curve* OOPS! That's a ditch not a curve! *crash!!*
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 06-18-2016 at 06:25 AM.

Am I the only one who thinks there are too many great cars to make a decision and choose only one to drive for several years? That's the reason I work with car rental companies like Exotic Car Rentals Miami and try various luxury cars, and I can tell you that for me, it's way more convenient than buying a car.