+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quick questions - quick answers

Hello together,

would like to use that topic for random questions which can be answered pretty fast. So I'll start with my question

Are solo seals capped in party? Someone said 400% seal gives only 60% in party.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I think very much not, as it otherwise should be mentioned.

What may cause any confusion, however, is that when you are in a party - you do not receive 100% kill experience (with or without any scrolls) but only 60% exp from the monster. The solo scroll will only enhance that 60% exp received from that monster rather than the 100% you would get when you solo.
    Fact of the matter is that this (should) boost party leveling, as one kills faster in group than alone.

ie:

solo: you kill one monster, you get 100% kill exp - with solo scroll you get 200% kill exp.

Party: you kill two monsters in the same time as you would kill the one above in solo, you get 60%*2= 120% exp for the same time spent. Using a solo scroll makes this 240% kill experience gained = 40% more than when soloing.

If your party is lackluster and/or afk, you only kill 1 mob in same time as you should solo. In that case you would only gain 60% kill experience, netting you a 120% kill experience with a solo scroll. 80% less than if you would solo.

Concluding that if you triple client yourself and only kill with one character - you are in fact, leveling slower than as you should just on your onesies. You are, however, still leveling 2 other chars at the same time (albeit at 40% less efficiency) so whichever has your preference (leveling several chars at same time at lower speed vs leveling one character faster and leaving rest behind).

P.s.: I very much like the idea of this thread - if discussions about topics and their replies can be done so in another (avoiding a rifraf on replies that no longer have to do with the initial question and as such cause a "derail").
    P.p.s.: be that scroll, seal at 200, 400 or 4000% - the mechanic remains the same.... if I'm not mistaken, that is.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 06-14-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Thx for that explanation
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

hokay, was already wondering ^^ I didn't feel slow when I used the 400% seals in party.

Sure, I have some questions either from myself, or questions asked to me while I am (semi) AFK in game!

1) If we started investing more time and energy into a wiki, would you guys be into that or would it be a waste of time? I think putting out more info, guides, and user generated content is a really great way to go to get some quality work.

2) How are the scammers/hackers doing? We've spent a lot of time this last year trying to wipe them out. Has anyone been scammed semi-recently, or heard of one? Have they submitted a ticket?

3) How can I tell what my pieces of darkness onyx are worth? What stat at what percent is worth the most money?

4) Is it worth leveling up any lowbie sets of magical armor? Would a well-balanced enchanted armor of Frioanne be worth it to use until Darkness Onyx?

Let's get the ball rolling. One of those question Megathreads could be pretty handy for people legitimately curious.

1) I would love a ROHAN database with more information. Like drop tables and descriptions of gear stats (max stat information).

3) It depends on the stats - you need to keep checking the current market all the time. Right now it's like this:
    19x pdef (non ench) parts are selling for around 1 - 1.1k.
    19x pdef (ench, hp +5) around 3.5k.
    11x pdef (ench, hp +5) are selling for 750 rps mostly.

The higher the + the better ofc.
    Last edited by knuffl88; 06-14-2016 at 02:18 PM.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    Sure, I have some questions either from myself, or questions asked to me while I am (semi) AFK in game!

1) If we started investing more time and energy into a wiki, would you guys be into that or would it be a waste of time? I think putting out more info, guides, and user generated content is a really great way to go to get some quality work.

2) How are the scammers/hackers doing? We've spent a lot of time this last year trying to wipe them out. Has anyone been scammed semi-recently, or heard of one? Have they submitted a ticket?

3) How can I tell what my pieces of darkness onyx are worth? What stat at what percent is worth the most money?

4) Is it worth leveling up any lowbie sets of magical armor? Would a well-balanced enchanted armor of Frioanne be worth it to use until Darkness Onyx?

Let's get the ball rolling. One of those question Megathreads could be pretty handy for people legitimately curious.
    1) There is in fact a wiki page, although I do not know who started it or maintains it. http://rohan.wikia.com/wiki/Rohan_Wiki
    It is also not very much up to date and a drop table should be very much appreciated. I do totally agree about user generated content, more info and guides in general.

2) I'm not so much bothered about scammers as about hackers. However, haven't seen any (obvious) hacker up to date for quite some time. I'm either blind, clueless or they have indeed ceased to exist. As for scamming: it depends on the way one was scammed (ie: trading and not getting it back, handing out passwords and getting ripped off vs using loopholes in the system and/or exchange market to steal from someone).

3) People are usually only interested in maxed stat pieces. I don't know the actual stats, though - but with that we refer back to point 1). where a wiki of sorts (incl. drop table) would be of tremendous help.

4) Not sure if I understand the question (correctly). Magical armour is in near all cases pretty useless. It isn't much so if it's secondary to the (maxed) physical defense stats. I recall having only once a magical defense armour when I used to farm in r4. Nobody farms in r4, however.

It is not very plausible to give up on my pdef (on say my dhan or scout) to have increased magical defense for the one or two magical mobs I'll have to come across during grinding. Especially not if they die in one or two hits. I do admit that magic mobs are a huge PIA to run through on my way to Upper for example.

As for the Froianne; I wouldn't very much think so. Darkness Onyx is 120+ level, froianne being lvl 20-ish? There's quite the gap between there and it very much matters (white defense numbers being a lot higher - meaning a lot less damage taken on your way to 1xx).
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

theres a wikia already but will a wiki attract anyone at this point? not without some major changes to the game.
    The scammers are still pipe dreaming the stuff your company is reluctant to offer (where the fk are those upgrades?) but yeah sure I guess we could blame everything on shawnc1186.
    The green pdef stat doesnt matter much because its inflated. What everyone should aim for is 110+pdef and 1k+ hp. Best in slot would be 19x pdef 9x hp recovery with 1k+ hp.
    We have this thing called refining I guess thats your 1st article for your wiki.
    Ball=rolled.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

At hight lvl all got aoe so for me solo exp is better way to lvl up.Party need only for mirror where lag can kill you solo.An yeah that game have allot extra lag

The page exists and I have plans to work on that with some additional comments on how to counter and stuffs(Tips and Tricks).

None existent I dare say but some might try it.

Onyx Armors are hard to come by on EM if that is what you're asking.

A couple of Guys and I recommended you to use the Ench Bedron with costume stats on it. Dlvled to 75 +15 so players can use it Mid ranged. Ench Froianne +30 is no match to compare with Onyx ever.

/10 Characters
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast