+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snatch It!

Hybrid View

Banned

Snatch It! - updated June 14/16

Hello fellow denizens of the PlayWith Interactive Forums.

Have you ever needed to post a picture, but just can't figure out how to do it?
    Have you ever wanted to keep track of all the cool images you see from around the internet?

Say hello to Snatch It!

What it does.

Snatch It! lets you drag images you find on the internet into collections of images stored on your system. Once collected you can drag them onto your desktop for easy access, drag them onto a browser to hop over to the original web image or drop them into forum posts like this one to embed the image into your post. No silly links like you find forum noobies using, but real embedded images.

Mandatory certification and disclaimer.
    This utility is an original work that I have created. I am putting putting it out here for you guys to enjoy. As the creator it is my right to do this - it is not warez or owned by anyone but me. Nor does it infringe on copyrights of intellectual property belonging to anyone else. I am making it available to you at no cost. I am not imposing any limitations on how you use it.

Just understand that with great freedom comes great responsibility. Anything you do using my software is up to you. I don't accept any responsibility for damages you might cause to yourself, your computer, other computers, your pets or your first born child. If your computer starts hovering 2 feet off the floor and sings the them from Titanic - it is all on you. It ain't my fault!!

You will find directions how to use it by clicking the program's "ReadMe"

(version with installer that you can uninstall using your control panel)
    http://www.webprime.ca/files/SnatchIt-setup.zip *Updated 6/14

(portable version that you simply unzip and run)
    http://www.webprime.ca/files/SnatchIt.zip *Updated 6/14

Enjoy! PenguinJoe / BananaBandit / cyberguy / Cyberguyz Technologies
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 06-14-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Wow thx o.o
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    Yer welcome.

I thought seeing so many forum noobs in here not having any idea how to post images, that a tool like this would be a help for them. The only thing that limits them is that the image has to be accessible by a web browser so you can drag it in. They will need to figure out how to do that.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Nifty.

How do I get it to sing the Titanic theme, though? I'm asking for a friend.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Nifty.

How do I get it to sing the Titanic theme, though? I'm asking for a friend.

^ click the play button ^

Banned
    Updated the program today.
    Cleaned things up a bit and added a function to rip some or all images from a web page in one go.

(From the embedded readme)

Snatch It! By Cyberguyz Technologies

Provided compliments of PenguinJoe / Banana Bandit / Cyberguy

Welcome to Snatch It!
    Snatch It! is utility that lets you collect images from the internet and store them locally.

To snatch images:
    1. Make a group by right-clicking over the groupList list box and selecting “Add Group”. You can have as many groups as you want.
    2. Drag and drop images from your web browser to the content box. Only pictures can be captured like this. You can’t capture pictures that are also links.
    Be sure to save your library so you don’t lose all you have snatched.

After snatching images, you can do the following:
    • Drag images out of your group and drop them on your desktop (Local Mode)
    • In forum mode dragging an image into your forum post will automatically create an image in that forum post for you.
    Images inserted in Forum Mode will insert the internet address where that picture originally came from (hot linking).
    • In raw mode you can drag your image to an open browser window to show that image in your browser. Like forum Mode, Raw mode displays the picture from the remote site you got it from.

SnatchIt! Stores its library in the following location:

<Windows User Directory>\AppData\Roaming\Snatchit

This is the only runtime data that this utility will store on your computer.
    If you look in that directory you will find file called SnatchIt.xml and one or more directories containing all of the pictures you have snatched.
    To back it up, simply Zip the SnatchIt directory in your \AppData\Roaming folder and move it somewhere safe. To restore, delete an existing SnatchIt directory in that \AppData\Roaming and unzip your backup archive there.

Tools:

Image Ripper

Snatch It! can collect images from just about any web page. Simply create a group to put them in then access the Tools/Rip images from the Web menu Item.

1. Type the web page url in the appropriate box.
    2. Select the group into which you want to import your images.
    3. Click the show “Show Page” button. This will display the web page and populate the list below it with image URLs.
    4. Select the Image URLs to collect from that page and click the “Rip!” button.
    5. When you exit, you can go back to the Snatch It! main screen, select that group and see what images you collected.

When images are ripped from a web page, the URLs for those images will continue to stay at the remote location you found them. A local copy is made so it can be displayed later and dragged to places that will accept an image URL or forum that accepts [img][/img] tags.

Warning : Some web pages have a lot of images – sometimes more than a couple thousand images. If you select all images from a page such as this into a group, it will take a very long time as every image is downloader to your computer. Displaying a group that has more than 200 images can also take much time to complete. Avoid ripping all images from heavily image-laden web pages.
    Be sure to save your library after ripping images from a web page.

Image remapping (advanced).
    Sometimes images are removed from a web page. When that happens, your images stop working when you post them online. Image remap allows you to change the online location where an image is stored. Only use this when you are sure you know the image exists at the desired location.

Image Remap + Upload (unavailable)
    This function does not function for general use. Current functionality is to simply perform the remap. No upload will take place.

Certification and disclaimer:

This program is provided by Cyberguyz Technologies for the free and open use by internet users everywhere. We provide this software AS-IS and do not provide any form of warranty whatsoever as to whether it meets your needs or not. You may do anything you wish with this software including decompiling it if you are so interested. Just understand that with great freedom comes great responsibility and because you can use this software any way you want, any damage you cause to yourself, your computer, other computers, your house, your pets or your firstborn child is entirely your responsibility. If your computer starts hovering 2 feet off the floor and begins playing the theme to Titanic – is NOT our fault!

Cyberguyz Technologies does not accept any responsibility in your use of this software at all.

License:

Cyberguyz Technologies retains sole ownership of this program and grants all users a free non-exclusive free license to use and distribute this software any way they choose as long as these same users agree to the above certification and disclaimer.
    This software is Copyright © 2016 Cyberguyz Technologies. All rights Reserved.
    '

Use thge links in the first post to download the version of your choice.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 06-12-2016 at 09:58 AM.