+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Yeah, even though the gtx 970 (also €100 more expensive) is faster than the amd one, this amd still supports dx12 which the 970 doesn't. Plus, for 200 bucks can't go too wrong (i hope).
    Don't feel like spending much more than that - since new architectures etc. are coming out in just a few weeks (for crying out loud).

Hoping it will bridge me till 1070's are fully out by MSI/Zotac and the likes along with the full dx 12 drivers and shizzle - depending on how this might run I can wait bit longer still, idk. 4GB isn't too little either and mind you, i'm only at 1080p.

Might upgr. to 144hz in future but meh.

Also, stop laughing :[ I bet rohan still runs on this i5-3570k integrated graphics >.>

I can now watch my bot playing for me for the whole weekend. Awesome!

FML.
    Not sure where you got that the gtx 970 doesn't support dx12. I run one and it supports dx12 just fine. But yeah, get yourself something cheap until that 1070 is available.

And yes, Rohan on a i5-3570k's integrated graphics is just fine. There's nothing about Rohan that taxes graphics, integrated or cards, in the least.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Not sure where you got that the gtx 970 doesn't support dx12. I run one and it supports dx12 just fine. But yeah, get yourself something cheap until that 1070 is available.

And yes, Rohan on a i5-3570k's integrated graphics is just fine. There's nothing about Rohan that taxes graphics, integrated or cards, in the least.
    What I meant was that Nvidia 9xx series and below only support dx12 on a driver's basis - whereas AMD's hardware is far superior than Nvidia's. Only AMD lacks sincerely (as in near non-existent) on their drivers and Nvidia has always been able to get (far) ahead of them purely on their drivers.
    Now, dx12 doesn't need all them drivers as much as dx11 did. You can already notice this with current gen cards and dx12.

AMD cards, whereas they'll get far behind on dx11 benchmarks, get extreme performance boosts with dx12 and surpass many of their Nvidia equivalents (dx12 only). Nvidia on the other hand, does not get these extreme performance boosts with dx12 at the moment. They still get some increase, but not near as spectacular as AMD gets and there's nothing Nvidia can do about that since drivers cannot fix that issue. A new architecture can, however.

Which is also the reason I'm pretty miffed having to resort to a buy 2 cards in a fairly short timespan, since Nvidia does indeed release new gen cards momentarily.
    It's not all that black and white as described per above, but you get the general idea.

Mind, I'm neither an AMD or Nvidia enthusiast - I just go for whatever is best for my (gaming) needs.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    You would think I would be an AMD booster since I worked about 1 km away from AMD/ATI Canada's headquarters before I retired. For quite a long while I was prior to the NV GTX 9xx (Maxwell) series. But as I have already said my GTX 970 has been working flawlessly with DX 12. Afaic as long as it plays all my games nice & smooth at 2540 x 1440 & high quality settings, I'm happy. I've left benchmark burning behind a long time ago.

I really don't need my viddy card to have hardwired DX12 support. I am more than happy with the driver handling it as long as I have my playability.