+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Well guys, appreciate the sharing of thoughts!
    I guess the amount of players that used to play Rohan were the heart of the game back then.
    We'll see what happens with RBF, my guess is that it'll go the same pattern. losing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Yecho View Post
    Well guys, appreciate the sharing of thoughts!
    I guess the amount of players that used to play Rohan were the heart of the game back then.
    We'll see what happens with RBF, my guess is that it'll go the same pattern. losing players.
    No need to guess you can see it is going on right now
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Much as I would like to agree with you, this would never happen. PlayWith is in the business of publishing games and they do that by evolving their current games over time. PlayWith is not the only game publisher that does that. All of them do. I don't care which game it is, their publishers expand and update it over time. Rohan is no different.

And just like all those other game publishers, they will never go back to an earlier, less evolved version of their game. Especially if the benefits of doing so can not be quantified in real world terms.

From my own point of view, a game that stagnates by staying the same for 8 years would lose my interest within 2 years because I would have hit end game within the 1st year. I for one like to see improvements and new content to explore over time, expanding level caps (who wants to sit on the same end game character year after year? not me!), new abilities and new gear to go along with those extended caps & skills. All game publishers know that too and they adjust their game over time to keep it interesting.
    I have to admit, I'm curious about how ROHAN was back in the day (I've only been playing for ~4 months now). But I agree with you. Evolution propels everything forward. EVOLVE OR DIE!
    That drop of Bloodied Crimson which taketh away the sins of the world...

Quote Originally Posted by RedEmerald View Post
    I have to admit, I'm curious about how ROHAN was back in the day (I've only been playing for ~4 months now). But I agree with you. Evolution propels everything forward. EVOLVE OR DIE!
    Rohan did not evolve, it degraded.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Banned
    Oh It evolved

From this ...

... into this:

If you don't grow you are not evolving easy as that.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    It's revolving... in its cesspool of broken mechanics and empty promises.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    It's revolving... in its cesspool of broken mechanics and empty promises.
    Thx, pretty accurate
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedEmerald View Post
    It was bad but most of the rohan forumers have selection bias and think that it was balanced without considering how many bad players there were when rohan started.

Only thing i will admit is that YNK/Playwith interactive was a much better company during these times. Pvp balance was just as imbalanced as it was now money would still get you much further than those free players with "mad skillz yo".

Everybody wants to act like all those glorified players of the past were some free to play min-max skill gods but most of them had 2 to 6 bot alts farming all day.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 11-06-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    Rohan did not evolve, it degraded.
    Well, every species reaches its own evolving capacity and starts to head to the extinction stage.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Oh It evolved

From this ...
    ... into this:

I almost feel sorry all those people who watched this game crumble (as today's players generally say.) I'm glad that I never had to go through what you guys had to all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    If you don't grow you are not evolving easy as that.
    You, sir, are technically correct...Which is THE BEST TYPE OF CORRECT!
    Last edited by RedEmerald; 11-06-2016 at 10:12 PM.
    That drop of Bloodied Crimson which taketh away the sins of the world...