+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Oh wait. Good point. My option stones are only on one account that wouldn't need an upgrade. Dang xD

Quote Originally Posted by SerpeleRosu View Post
    What makes you think that a character bound one will be less than 500 US dollars? considering there is the weapon + the character?
    Maybe because they never sold one for 500 bucks?
    Could as well ask: what makes you think they will cost 500 for sure?

What makes you think that a character bound one will be less than 500 US dollars? considering there is the weapon + the character?
    The price drops because it has no resell value since it is character/account bound.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    I totally disagree with your weapon options.
    1. I will never buy a 30 days weapon even if it is 899 RPs. In long run you will pay more money than the standard price for an epic weapon on IM.
    2. Character bound weapons is killing the flexibility of the game and the flexibility of the players.
    (1) Permanent upgrades are costly as hell. Expect to spend $150-$200 USD to make one and get it forged/reinforced. And staff is opposed to selling them because they do make the game unplayable for those that can't afford them. Temporary upgrades allow even folks that can't afford the permanent ones to play with the big kids at least as long as their monthly gaming stipend lasts.

(2) I would much rather see character-bound weapons than those that are passed around and sold on EM for stupid amounts of RPs. I believe staff would rather see the lower, but steadier income from character bound pre-made epics rather than the hassle of forged upgrade parts (which have the danger of being broken during the forging and reinforcing processes). They are less problematic to support and because they are somewhat cheaper than tradeable upgrades, they are more affordable by those players that don't have huge amounts of money to throw at this game. I actually still have a character that has those bound noobie epics they sold a couple years back. The character has long since outgrown them, but while that toon was leveling they were .... epic.

Not sure what the character has to do with it, but not even the Epics or Upgrade v1.0s were sold for $500 US back in the day. I can't see the cost of a character-bound epic being more than 6000 rps (12000 ecash) which to me would be a fair price for such a weapon that can't be traded or stored in your bank.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 05-25-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knuffl88 View Post
    Maybe because they never sold one for 500 bucks?
    Could as well ask: what makes you think they will cost 500 for sure?
    I am not sure that will cost 500 dollars.
    What I am sure is that if a weapon is 500, weapon + character can't be less than 500.
    Imagine you buy a Mercedes which is 500. Than a Mercedes + 1 high quality option will be 400.
    It's not blinking a red light alarm saying: supidity?

1. Why you can't understand that in long run you will pay more money than for a standard IM weapon?
    2. They can put for sale 2 different weapons. One like we know with very good stats and expensive and another one with lower stats and cheaper for those who, like you say can't afford an expensive one.
    I doubt that a char + weapon will be 6000 RPs, when only a high lvl char is more than 6000 RPs.
    You have a higher experience than me, you have 2895 posts so who knows ))

Banned
    1. Why you can't understand that in long run you will pay more money than for a standard IM weapon?
    2. They can put for sale 2 different weapons. One like we know with very good stats and expensive and another one with lower stats and cheaper for those who, like you say can't afford an expensive one.
    I doubt that a char + weapon will be 6000 RPs, when only a high lvl char is more than 6000 RPs.
    You have a higher experience than me, you have 2895 posts so who knows ))
    Why do you keep saying char + weapon? A character costs you NOTHING to create and build. You can play it for free if you don't want to spend anything. Not saying it would be easy, but you can. What you put on that char is entirely up to you and will cost whatever you want to spend either in a lump or on a monthly basis. A weapon is only ONE of those things.

Nobody forces you to buy an upgrade. You do it if you want. I am only putting out there cheaper alternatives that might be attractive to PW because it could generate more money that the upgrades they are selling now (ie none) and that more people would be able to afford.

You are going on about 'rental' epics costing more in the long run. Well, duh! Of course if you are gonna keep buying them each month, yeah. In the long run they will cost more if you intend to keep using rental epics only. Just like renting a car. You will pay more for it in the long run, but for short term use there are no better options.

But then again - how much do people spend here on ASES, scrolls, costume patterns and the like? Add in another 10 bucks for a rental epic! Taking it on a month-to-month basis a $10 rental is a lot easier to swallow than dropping $150 on a single upgrade (if you can get someone to sell one to you that cheap -- good luck). But over time, yes it does add up. Rohan is not a cheap game to play. Never has been, never will be.

That is why I am putting forth more than one option. Each alone doesn't solve the issues, but both as a 2-part solution will make a better all-around solution. because rental epics opens a monthly cash flow stream for PWI and it makes the sale of permanent epics a little less viral when it is char locked - it is easier for the GMs to manage and sell to their management.

I believe that selling Permanent Epic like weapons with some better stats on them as a permanent sale on IM should be the 1st thing to to. As a second solution to all the upcoming changes that kRohan is throwing at us Upgrd 3.0 same stats but binded, 30 day weapons that has a lower cost as they had just to keep players busy while krohan stabilize.
    Do know class changes are still coming and selling the same Upgrds 3.0 just to keep everyone happy could explode in our faces if krohan desires to keep making mayor changes(skills) ofc.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    I would be more inclined to prefer the monthly epics during times of great change like those coming in now from Korea.

Unlike permanent bound Epics or upgrades (I would never suggest bound upgrades because they still need to be forged and reinforced), the specs can be tuned on "rental epics" over time as the game changes. Once the dust settles and the playing climate has been set then it is fine to release more permanent weapons (at the higher *reasonable* prices of course).

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Why do you keep saying char + weapon? A character costs you NOTHING to create and build. You can play it for free if you don't want to spend anything. Not saying it would be easy, but you can. What you put on that char is entirely up to you and will cost whatever you want to spend either in a lump or on a monthly basis. A weapon is only ONE of those things.

Nobody forces you to buy an upgrade. You do it if you want. I am only putting out there cheaper alternatives that might be attractive to PW because it could generate more money that the upgrades they are selling now (ie none) and that more people would be able to afford.

You are going on about 'rental' epics costing more in the long run. Well, duh! Of course if you are gonna keep buying them each month, yeah. In the long run they will cost more if you intend to keep using rental epics only. Just like renting a car. You will pay more for it in the long run, but for short term use there are no better options.

But then again - how much do people spend here on ASES, scrolls, costume patterns and the like? Add in another 10 bucks for a rental epic! Taking it on a month-to-month basis a $10 rental is a lot easier to swallow than dropping $150 on a single upgrade (if you can get someone to sell one to you that cheap -- good luck). But over time, yes it does add up. Rohan is not a cheap game to play. Never has been, never will be.

That is why I am putting forth more than one option. Each alone doesn't solve the issues, but both as a 2-part solution will make a better all-around solution. because rental epics opens a monthly cash flow stream for PWI and it makes the sale of permanent epics a little less viral when it is char locked - it is easier for the GMs to manage and sell to their management.
    A character cost a lot: pack + scrools and so on...
    So at the end you agree that it will cost more in long run... So how you will do? explain a bit... you will buy it only for 2 or 3 months? and then? you will buy a permanent one? or how? because if you buy a permanent one at the end, this mean you spent more: permanent + 3 months rental epics... this is bad business...
    I have a suggestion for you: if a character cost nothing like you say give me a 115 character for nothing and than you prove ur ideas.
    Or sell me an 115 character plus a 4x upg at a price to cover only the 4x upg.
    And than I agree with you...