+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned
    I still say one of these options for IM Epic 2.0 (not upgrade) weapons:

1. 30-day weapons that are bought, used and they disappear when that 30 days is up. Treat them like dungeon mounts and price them as other temporary virtual goods (cheapish!). These can't be reinforced or transcended. Once equipped they are bound. because of the kludgy way PlayWith designed Trinitys these can't be used on them (I don't know of a way to remove transmute stats once they are there beyond transmuting something else - idiotic design!).
    2. Permanent character-bound weapons that bind the first time you equip them. Rohan has this function (I know because I used it when making GM-only weapons). These can be reinforced and transcended. These can be transmuted for trinitys.

In both cases make the stats as good as Upgrade 3 good so people will buy them. They should not be stupid expensive. Say 899 RPs for the 30-day ones and 4999 RPs for the permanent character bound ones.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post

1. 30-day weapons that are bought, used and they disappear when that 30 days is up. Treat them like dungeon mounts and price them as other temporary virtual goods (cheapish!). These can't be reinforced or transcended. Once equipped they are bound. because of the kludgy way PlayWith designed Trinitys these can't be used on them (I don't know of a way to remove transmute stats once they are there beyond transmuting something else - idiotic design!).
    2. Permanent character-bound weapons that bind the first time you equip them. Rohan has this function (I know because I used it when making GM-only weapons). These can be reinforced and transcended. These can be transmuted for trinitys.

In both cases make the stats as good as Upgrade 3 good so people will buy them. They should not be stupid expensive. Say 899 RPs for the 30-day ones and 4999 RPs for the permanent character bound ones.
    I approve :3

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.

11k RPS on an anual basis and adding on top of that the cost of your other monthly character maintenance - and that for one character only? Right, not much different from now I guess.
    Mind, you're also making their whole spiritstone sales obsolete with that single move - why would they even do that?
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

I totally disagree with your weapon options.
    1. I will never buy a 30 days weapon even if it is 899 RPs. In long run you will pay more money than the standard price for an epic weapon on IM.
    2. Character bound weapons is killing the flexibility of the game and the flexibility of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by SerpeleRosu View Post
    2. Character bound weapons is killing the flexibility of the game and the flexibility of the players.
    Not really. It would fix the insane EM prices. Like ANYONE would buy a stupid weapon for 500€... I rather take a char bound one and pay less than half.

Quote Originally Posted by knuffl88 View Post
    Not really. It would fix the insane EM prices. Like ANYONE would buy a stupid weapon for 500€... I rather take a char bound one and pay less than half.
    What makes you think that a character bound one will be less than 500 US dollars? considering there is the weapon + the character?

What makes you think that a character bound one will be less than 500 US dollars? considering there is the weapon + the character?
    Maybe because they never sold one for 500 bucks?
    Could as well ask: what makes you think they will cost 500 for sure?

The price drops because it has no resell value since it is character/account bound.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    I totally disagree with your weapon options.
    1. I will never buy a 30 days weapon even if it is 899 RPs. In long run you will pay more money than the standard price for an epic weapon on IM.
    (1) Permanent upgrades are costly as hell. Expect to spend $150-$200 USD to make one and get it forged/reinforced. And staff is opposed to selling them because they do make the game unplayable for those that can't afford them. Temporary upgrades allow even folks that can't afford the permanent ones to play with the big kids at least as long as their monthly gaming stipend lasts.

(2) I would much rather see character-bound weapons than those that are passed around and sold on EM for stupid amounts of RPs. I believe staff would rather see the lower, but steadier income from character bound pre-made epics rather than the hassle of forged upgrade parts (which have the danger of being broken during the forging and reinforcing processes). They are less problematic to support and because they are somewhat cheaper than tradeable upgrades, they are more affordable by those players that don't have huge amounts of money to throw at this game. I actually still have a character that has those bound noobie epics they sold a couple years back. The character has long since outgrown them, but while that toon was leveling they were .... epic.

Not sure what the character has to do with it, but not even the Epics or Upgrade v1.0s were sold for $500 US back in the day. I can't see the cost of a character-bound epic being more than 6000 rps (12000 ecash) which to me would be a fair price for such a weapon that can't be traded or stored in your bank.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 05-25-2016 at 03:45 PM.

1. Why you can't understand that in long run you will pay more money than for a standard IM weapon?
    2. They can put for sale 2 different weapons. One like we know with very good stats and expensive and another one with lower stats and cheaper for those who, like you say can't afford an expensive one.
    I doubt that a char + weapon will be 6000 RPs, when only a high lvl char is more than 6000 RPs.
    You have a higher experience than me, you have 2895 posts so who knows ))