+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Just an opinion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D4rius View Post
    Easy to say that you need a merged with Isen, that all to be in one, it's easy for you all who already use full gear and almost full lvl. But I made this thread for newbies or for the players which coming back to rohan and want 2 play to get back stuff. With like 20-30k e-cash as already a upg weapon is on em, a new player need alot of money to play back rohan.... all I wanted to say was that here to be a new server, not for you who play janous and got full gear, this new server to be for others ppl who want to play rohan and to get a char, gear from play not from working real life for a game. But ok could be better and some events, chances for new players in curent svrs.
    where exactly in here (copied from your OP)....
    Quote Originally Posted by D4rius View Post
    Probably many ppl wanted, want or would play this server but many can't because current servers are full of stuff which it costs a lot... Upg weapons, rings, armour and others stuff. My opinion is to be created a new server, not like Isen, this new server like old Global Rohan. I mean to play 2 win, there to need farm to get a gear, where also you can spend money but only for scrolls, Hk, costumes or another IM stuff. Peace to all !!!!
    ...do you make the distinction that
    But I made this thread for newbies or for the players which coming back to rohan and want 2 play to get back stuff.
    I am sorry, but if you are thinking we all have crystal balls to stare at between our legs or are expected to read your mind, you are mistaken. As well, why exclude veteran players here in this? Are they not just as affected by this as your "new and returning players"?

I see no reason to merge Isen or even delete it. If Isen is too expensive to run then just delete the dang thing and be done with it. The Isen players will either join into Jainus (least likely scenario), or they will get pissed off and leave (most likely scenario). Hell, PlayWith could even offerf them a migration from Isen like they did for the pinoy players from RohanPH.

So you are looking for an "Old Rohan" server are you? That is not pay-to-win? With hunterkits (did not exist in "Old Rohan" btw..). Here We Go...

Isen was marketed at the beginning as a non-P2W server and drew a lot of folks from the pservers to check it out. They left again. Why? Because it is actually is so p2w that it might as well be a pay-to-play server.

But let's look back on PWYNKi's efforts along the lines of giving players 'their' perfect server:

Tempest: First server re-roll for those folks that did not like trying to compete in the early server merges. Jook at the bottom of the server list and you will see it as one of the Jainus servers. = Failed.
    Divinity: Created to be an epic / upgrade-free server for those that did not want to try and compete in Sheilyn & Ohn. Had a happy following as long as the name stayed "Divinity".
    Jin: Still promised to be Epic and Upgrade free forever. Can anyone tell us what they were selling in JIN a couple months before the last merge? (Hint: Starts with a "U"). At the end of the day where is Jin? Look at the top of that Jainus server list for that answer.

In short they have done "new" servers far too many times to address those having attacks of nostalgia and wanting an "Old Rohan" before ___________ (you fill in the blank here).

What you guys asking for this don't realize is this:

No company will ever 'devolve' their product. Ever. I made that in big colorful letters with the hope that it sinks in.

Regardless of what you want there are 3 facts that are gospel when it comes to corporations like PW/YNK:

1. The product MUST make enough money to justify its upkeep and support. Any product that fails to perform is removed from the market.
    2. The product MUST be supportable using current resources. Any product that cannot be supported with the least cost will be removed from the market.
    3. Customers will ALWAYS pay for products that have more features. They will not pay for products that have less features. Products that do not forward the growth of the company must be removed from the market.

For PlayWith, Rohan is a product. They expect it to not only pay for its support & maintenance overhead, but to bring profits to the corporation once all the expenses have been subtracted. While it may be marginally free to play this game for you, for PlayWith it is far from free to run and even farther than freed to keep within those 3 golden rules. Like it or not any additional servers playwith creates will be done with the vision that it will make at least as much PROFITS as Jainus does. If it does not, the server gets closed by merging until there are no more servers to merge.

So give up any ideas you might have that PlayWith Interactive will EVER put a server that is not heavily pay-to-win. It simply will never happen.

Now having said that, PlayWith Interactive is certainly free to prove me wrong, but will lay odds with anyone here that they will not.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 04-23-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baked12345 View Post
    wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I seriously do not get it.
    What I meant is that you can talk to an npc then transferred to a room where PVP is soo active and all servers are in there.
    Not another server that is created for event thingy, just a plain room where characters from the 2 different servers can go kill each other.
    So you have no idea how the server mechanics work. kool
    We have been asking for an option to change server without login off and you ask for an option to get characters from different servers to fight in one. Anything else new?
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    where exactly in here (copied from your OP)....

...do you make the distinction that

I am sorry, but if you are thinking we all have crystal balls to stare at between our legs or are expected to read your mind, you are mistaken. As well, why exclude veteran players here in this? Are they not just as affected by this as your "new and returning players"?

I see no reason to merge Isen or even delete it. If Isen is too expensive to run then just delete the dang thing and be done with it. The Isen players will either join into Jainus (least likely scenario), or they will get pissed off and leave (most likely scenario). Hell, PlayWith could even offerf them a migration from Isen like they did for the pinoy players from RohanPH.

So you are looking for an "Old Rohan" server are you? That is not pay-to-win? With hunterkits (did not exist in "Old Rohan" btw..). Here We Go...

Isen was marketed at the beginning as a non-P2W server and drew a lot of folks from the pservers to check it out. They left again. Why? Because it is actually is so p2w that it might as well be a pay-to-play server.

But let's look back on PWYNKi's efforts along the lines of giving players 'their' perfect server:

Tempest: First server re-roll for those folks that did not like trying to compete in the early server merges. Jook at the bottom of the server list and you will see it as one of the Jainus servers. = Failed.
    Divinity: Created to be an epic / upgrade-free server for those that did not want to try and compete in Sheilyn & Ohn. Had a happy following as long as the name stayed "Divinity".
    Jin: Still promised to be Epic and Upgrade free forever. Can anyone tell us what they were selling in JIN a couple months before the last merge? (Hint: Starts with a "U"). At the end of the day where is Jin? Look at the top of that Jainus server list for that answer.

In short they have done "new" servers far too many times to address those having attacks of nostalgia and wanting an "Old Rohan" before ___________ (you fill in the blank here).

What you guys asking for this don't realize is this:

No company will ever 'devolve' their product. Ever. I made that in big colorful letters with the hope that it sinks in.

Regardless of what you want there are 3 facts that are gospel when it comes to corporations like PW/YNK:

1. The product MUST make enough money to justify its upkeep and support. Any product that fails to perform is removed from the market.
    2. The product MUST be supportable using current resources. Any product that cannot be supported with the least cost will be removed from the market.
    3. Customers will ALWAYS pay for products that have more features. They will not pay for products that have less features. Products that do not forward the growth of the company must be removed from the market.

For PlayWith, Rohan is a product. They expect it to not only pay for its support & maintenance overhead, but to bring profits to the corporation once all the expenses have been subtracted. While it may be marginally free to play this game for you, for PlayWith it is far from free to run and even farther than freed to keep within those 3 golden rules. Like it or not any additional servers playwith creates will be done with the vision that it will make at least as much PROFITS as Jainus does. If it does not, the server gets closed by merging until there are no more servers to merge.

So give up any ideas you might have that PlayWith Interactive will EVER put a server that is not heavily pay-to-win. It simply will never happen.

Now having said that, PlayWith Interactive is certainly free to prove me wrong, but will lay odds with anyone here that they will not.
    Ok, thanks for your explanation, I understand how u explain it so clear, it's global and here never will be a server like as I said, because this server need of maintenance and this to his turn is with money... also all the work done in last time for new patch and they did a good job ofc.

I realized that with this thread I just wasted my words xD because all like Janous and there is real rohan, but what I want to say now, as I already said above, we need some events/chances again like ofc have been a while ago, with upg pcs on IM that new players to can get them too... if possible.

We need back Rohanopoly if possible where a part of players could do something in the game, or mby a discount at UPG weapons on EM my opinion is that these are too expensive, also feathers... we need a event for the players which play every day, a prize for it, a prize for grinding etc.

and I didn't underestimate the veterans, you played rohan all time and that's why you got full gear/lvl and I have respect for you, but if here will be not some benefits for new players, here will be not new players coming... Peace every1.
    Last edited by D4rius; 04-24-2016 at 12:02 AM.
    Undecided by the changes that have taken place lately.

There are prices for logging every day and grinding and PVP its called the PvP Honor tab, the Daily rewards and Lucky Number o.o
    Could be better but we have something at least
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    There are prices for logging every day and grinding and PVP its called the PvP Honor tab, the Daily rewards and Lucky Number o.o
    Could be better but we have something at least
    That true, it's a good event ofc but we need more events and Rohanopoly back ofc if possible... and more activity on website (events on website) where we can get items in game, also if possible discount on IM etc. etc. and many ppl coming here to play back rohan, atm rohan is almost dead about activities here
    Undecided by the changes that have taken place lately.

Banned
    I get you are frustrated that new players have little chance to enjoy the game as much as the veteran players. It seems most of the advances in the game are to please those veteran players by giving them a reason to stay around. New maps, new dungeons, better boss drops, and such all appear to be targeted at keeping those veteran players here spending their money.

I agree that the new players at the other end of the game needs to advance as well. For a while they actually sold low-level 'Epic' weapons for those players at level 30 just getting into pvp and could be used successfully up until about lvl 75-80. They were relatively cheap (About $15 US per weapon), permanent and they were bound to the character when equipped the first time. I personally found them a good idea and one of my toons - Bandit - actually has both a mini epic sword and dagger. Here were some gear items targeted at the NEW player that really could not be corrupted for use at the end game and could not be passed around vua EM and trades. It made them money and it served the purpose of helping those newbies get a start in this game.

It is a shame PW stopped selling those. It really helped those that wanted to start playing this game and weren't afraid to spend small amounts of money. I may send a ticket to them to consider putting those back on sale permanently.

I have over the years provided ideas in this forum for PWI to improve and fix issues i this game. Whether they considered them or not remains to be seen - they, like any other company that markets a product like this game, are very closemouthed about possible enhancements being considered. I understand why they don't and would do the same in their shoes.

The Ancient to Epics idea is still on the table to use it doesn't seem it makes enough money to sell all those ARS, Option stones and EM farming :l
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

I told karazy what to do if he wants the barrier of entry lowered so far all he did was 1 boost event.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Well he could do one thing and that is give players 3 options for the barrier breaking between Spenders and free players so the community decides what is the difficulty for free and casual players to get end game and stuff. At least how I see it Exp(Mirror Dungs exp is insane), drop rate(Should be low), Refine rate(It's so so), Forging(Ok-ish) no problem only thing I see is the gear as in Accs, Talismans and Weapon (PvP mostly). If GMs gave players the option to decide about this 3 diferent options maybe just maybe it could actually bring a new Dawn to the game with lots of new/old players checking out the game and even staying for the long run
    Positively ofc
    Happy players = moar maney always ;D
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Well he could do one thing and that is give players 3 options for the barrier breaking between Spenders and free players so the community decides what is the difficulty for free and casual players to get end game and stuff. At least how I see it Exp(Mirror Dungs exp is insane), drop rate(Should be low), Refine rate(It's so so), Forging(Ok-ish) no problem only thing I see is the gear as in Accs, Talismans and Weapon (PvP mostly). If GMs gave players the option to decide about this 3 diferent options maybe just maybe it could actually bring a new Dawn to the game with lots of new/old players checking out the game and even staying for the long run
    Positively ofc
    Happy players = moar maney always ;D
    If playwith was not as greedy as they are right now the solution is simple,

REMOVE THE DAMN E-CASH & TAXES ON RP,

Once free players can optain rp by selling ingame items its up to every person to get the job done to get the rp needed to forge and uppgrade their gear, and obviosly for this to even be an option playwith would have to increse prices on IM items alot, which i personally would rather see than what we have now,

The Exchange market was one of the BIGGEST things in rohan after OB, the option to get premium currency by selling ingame items made it possible for free players to atleast catch up a little bit to the paying players, 1st Ynk Added the tax to slow free users fast growing rp and then later we saw this damn e-cash system taken into place,

Once again....removing the E-Cash system COMPLETLY would leave it up to every player to decide how much he or she want to work to get the rp to pay for uppgrades etc, atleast then they got the option and chance to catch up,
    Last edited by kenji91; 04-25-2016 at 12:02 PM.
    For My Brothers who fell, I Slay 100 Men For Each Of Them
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lvl 115+ ? Predator ( Isen )

Lvl 115+ ? Defender ( Isen )

lvl 115+ ? Ranger ( Jainus )

lvl 109 Priest ( Jainus )