+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can-Am

Can-Am

I need to relocate the fkin wires for my cooling fan to get it to work back automatically after a moron bypassed them to get the fan to work manually on my BRP Can-Am Outlander 500 EFI...

this sh1t makes my check engine light stay on and makes my Can-Am go on limp home mode (loss of power, safe mode)...
    FYI: pic showned isn't in PA
    xHELLDEVILx lvl 115 (+10) Dragon Knight
    Guild : looking for it
    "Born from Hell to incarnate your worst nightmares"

Banned
    ok.... sorry for your loss.... shall we send flowers?

yes please!

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

As a former mechanical engineering student I can promise you there are only 2 things needed to be an engineer and those are:

1. WD-40 spray
    2. Duckttape
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by Franky1991 View Post
    I need to relocate the fkin wires for my cooling fan to get it to work back automatically after a moron bypassed them to get the fan to work manually on my BRP Can-Am Outlander 500 EFI...

this sh1t makes my check engine light stay on and makes my Can-Am go on limp home mode (loss of power, safe mode)...
    I can sympathize I just fixed my Burgman 650 a week ago, been out of commission for a month and a half. My bf had to bring me to work ;(
    *You shall never be forgotten*- Victims of gun violence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky1991 View Post

If you have any mechanical aptitude at all, go to the hardware store and buy some wire it back the way it is supposed to be. You really don't fk with that stuff when your ride has a engine computer.

And wtf kind of ATV needs a check engine light / engine computer / safe (putt-putt) mode? That is just lame and takes all the fun out of ATVing. Just bypass all that crap and run it old school!

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Most new bikes got this tuff-tuff safe mode, anyhow. Ask Ducati -.-'
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Prefer bikes and RVs that I can work on without a code reader. Long gone are the days of tuning a car by ear by twisting the distributor or some carb screws. Doesn't happen anymore unless you build your own from scratch with parts from oldschool specialty shops.

I got the error code from the computer using a lil trick and it says P0480 which is ==> Engine fan short-circuit to battery or Engine fan short-circuit to ground or open