+ Reply to Thread

Tonka Rants- Community Management. Playwith should learn from this guy!

I guess I should introduce this guy. His name is Tonka and he was the Community Manager for TERA USA. After the game started to sink he left because clearly he was not enjoying watching the community get fked. I think afterwards he moved to another game company but now apparently hes out of the gaming industry as a whole. He shares his view on Community management and how important it is to listen and learn from your players.

Its an absolute joke that the GMs that we talk to and rely on for help are literally clueless as to how this game works. You dont know what the problems are with the game and you blame the wrong people.

I heard from a GM (not gonna name drop) that its our fault that the game is so ****ed up.

Its our fault that we overprice our stuff on the EM.

Its our fault that event rewards are ****.

Its our fault that the stuff we need is no longer on the IM.

I am baffled like lol your playwith salary wouldnt be able to afford a walter medal +7 even now where +6 stone is 1/2 the price.

Just give up on marketing they are desperately trying to stay relevant but they cant fix this game. Only ones who can fix this game is the community.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 03-20-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    I guess I should introduce this guy. His name is Tonka and he was the Community Manager for TERA USA. After the game started to sink he left because clearly he was not enjoying watching the community get fked. I think afterwards he moved to another game company but now apparently hes out of the gaming industry as a whole. He shares his view on Community management and how important it is to listen and learn from your players.

Its an absolute joke that the GMs that we talk to and rely on for help are literally clueless as to how this game works. You dont know what the problems are with the game and you blame the wrong people.

I heard from a GM (not gonna name drop) that its our fault that the game is so ****ed up.

Its our fault that we overprice our stuff on the EM.

Its our fault that event rewards are ****.

Its our fault that the stuff we need is no longer on the IM.

I am baffled like lol your playwith salary wouldnt be able to afford a walter medal +7 even now where +6 stone is 1/2 the price.

Just give up on marketing they are desperately trying to stay relevant but they cant fix this game. Only ones who can fix this game is the community.

Good video, the guy in it is however just projecting his own feelings on the matter as an artist, not as a CEO of a company. Not saying this is wrong (I agree with him) but honestly the ''I'd rather fail while being passionate than succeed while being mainstream crap'' is NOT what CEOs care for. They care about graphs, specially if they go in the + so they can gather their quarter yearly numbers and bragg they go in the ++. As long as their current strategy works why would they change it? So far it seems rohan survived. The koreans think that as long as their cashcow keeps giving milk why change course?

Bad ideas, bad managment, corruption and what not lead to this point, blaming the players for all of it is weak and low. Most of it could have been prevented if this game was managed with passion from the start. I do believe that this game is beyond repair, fixes can be applied but it will never return to the high-time it once knew many years ago, the damage that was done to the community is too great for this.

Inspirational video tho
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

What I actually always have been asking myself is is PWYNKi actually competing with someone or something or are they just making money and that is all there is to this game because if the latter is the case well we know this is not going anywhere. Passion for this game is whats keeping some players still hoping that this game will get somewhere. At least with the last patches on KRohan seems its getting that little ray of hope players have been so anxiously looking for because last years experience say something completely different.
    Yeah lets say 50% of the games situation is the players fault but that has been because we kept buying what the company offered us without thinking if it was good or bad for the game.
    As a community we have to inform the GMs if something is bad for the game. Best example was the Upgrade Glacial Armors. We did a good job there guys we need to tell them if something is bad or if it actually makes the game come alive again. You know they probably have no idea how the game actually work. :l

Nice vid o.o
    We seriously need that Isen merge to Jainus.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

No, it's "pay if you want to gamble, but if you can't, don't blame the company for not giving it to you.
    However i must agree with most of sunny told there.
    The game was ****ed up not only for the Community ( because yes we also made our own mistakes ) but because the GM's leaved us alone and clueless for years not asking neither doing what we all voted for..
    I wonder if we all stopped the day they stopped to hear us, to donate i wonder what would have really happened to the game.
    I would love to see this game populated again, more time goes on the more chance we have that to happen.
    Try to make a thread with a live chat or an active GM [ since we have some you can divide the hours per the Gm's you (YNK and Playwith have ) so that they can hear us and understand what we DO NEED or would be cool to have to make this game live once again.. ]
    All i ask is to GM's to hear about our stories, Rohan past, mistakes we (Gm's and players) both made and to try all together to fix the game!
    Do not get in my way swine! The crows will pick at your flesh!
    Lucas wannabe.