+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: E2N vs Lucid

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post

Dutch legacy together with drank & drugs......The tears, the shame... XD
    I'd rather pay a lot for my internet and be spared from the above, haha.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

I have 2mbps download speed and 0.13 upload, and i cant have more than that. Not even joking, they will put fibers soon tho idk if that would help much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djuN...ature=youtu.be

From Musician
    To They already know
    Jay jay-

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix1993 View Post
    the new cables in my home were offered by the internet company, they don't do the same in yours?
    Running Fiber Optic cables to the house is something that the cable & phone companies are doing only in new subdivisions here for the past year or two and only because they can drop the optical cables into the ground as the houses and streets are being built. For existing subdivisions that have fiber, the fiber optic cables only go as far as a neighborhood box (called a node), then existing copper wires brings it to your house. At present the cable & telephone companies can not run fiber optic cables to houses in neighborhoods that have not been plumbed for them at the start.

The good side of that is that you can get very high speed internet if you can afford it.

The downside is that third party cable internet companies (those that piggyback on the existing cable infrastructure) are cut out of the picture for a few years until the CRTC (the canadian governing body for telecom kinda like the American FCC) grants them permission. In short you are held hostage by the major infrastructure owners (Rogers Cable and Bell for us).
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 03-18-2016 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Running Fiber Optic cables to the house is something that the cable & phone companies are doing only in new subdivisions here for the past year or two and only because they can drop the optical cables into the ground as the houses and streets are being built. For existing subdivisions that have fiber, the fiber optic cables only go as far as a neighborhood box (called a node), then existing copper wires brings it to your house. At present the cable & telephone companies can not run fiber optic cables to houses in neighborhoods that have not been plumbed for them at the start.

The good side of that is that you can get very high speed internet if you can afford it.

The downside is that third party cable internet companies (those that piggyback on the existing cable infrastructure) are cut out of the picture for a few years until the CRTC (the canadian governing body for telecom kinda like the American FCC) grants them permission. In short you are held hostage by the major infrastructure owners (Rogers Cable and Bell for us).
    My grandma house i got from her when she died is from 1949 and we have fiber on that street.
    Ping is 30 ms
    30 mb/s download and 3 mb/s upload.
    The cables were only for phone back then and nothing were changed they only came to install the router.
    DGN and something from Netgear and it runs smoothly in there!
    So idk if it depends from country to country
    Do not get in my way swine! The crows will pick at your flesh!
    Lucas wannabe.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    I suspect that the fiber they are putting in to your place Karren is FTTN (fiber to the node) and standard copper cable from the node to your house. They put that into my old place early last year.
    My new house (was just built last Dec.) has fiber right up to the house (FTTP - Fiber To The Premises) and my ISP is offering 1gb internet (cable). Gotta have really deep pockets for that though ($150 CA/Month - dollar value is close to $AU these days). All I can afford is 60mb service - gotta stretch my pension $ as far as I can get them. All new subdivisions are getting FTTP

you and your brand new house fwaku

I got FTTN but its ok 1/2 the time.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    you and your brand new house fwaku

I got FTTN but its ok 1/2 the time.
    Telecom Italia here in Italy..
    But in America where i used to be i had google fiber.. i miss those days at work doing nothing but playing mmporg's.
    Lucas wannabe.

Fiber is not always the better solution, anyway.

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Fiber is not always the better solution, anyway.
    What do you mean by that?
    Lucas wannabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix1993 View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    Do you have a dedicated fiber connection to your house?