+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Open thread for my study

Hi guys I recently went to college and I study English Law, I take so many English methods that I hardly find their words definitions, e.g. Economics, Politics, Legal terminology, International Organizations, Civil law, Anglo-American, Criminology and Penology. And i'm still a senior.
    I was wondering if someone here is cultured enough to answer my upcoming questions, or tell me a site specialized in law questions, I don't want an inactive site, i'm looking for an active site where I can have discussions with people.

I also want a method I can follow in studying, because honestly I sometimes feel lazy to do anything, and I have to get at least not less than 172/180 each year to be something good.
    Thank you in advance.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    When attending any kind of College or (open) University, there should be a website with existing forum where any College/University attendant can browse through existing threads and open their own, to be answered by their peers and/or tutors.

Anyhow, your question is a bit confusing. You state that you went to collegue, but you are no longer? Or are you?
    What exactly do you mean with "taking English methods". You should have gotten some kind of booklist when signing up.

As for being lazy; it's quite ironic you have to ask this on a gaming forum, haha. Anyway, asking help is the first step. Not taking too much at once, is a second. I never needed to study and have never done so either, until I hit College. The difference is so sudden and drastic, you have a lot of catching up to do. Planning is key.

Planning in pauzes and "other stuff to do" is just as important, if not more.
    It does not do well to plan a study part of 3hours on end with but 10 min break inbetween, if you're wasting 2/3rds on tinkering and delaying. Better make the study parts short, but intensive.

You need to be strict and stick to the schedule. For all I care, you ask someone to take away your phone or shut down the electricity.
    There is no given method, every person is different. I for one, can't be bothered writing summaries - I take it you are neither. You spend 90% of your time writing them and only 10% actually studying.. if at all (as I usually run out of time to still study after I finish with summarizing).
    Learn straight from the book, but even more so always find matching reallife examples/cases of anything you study. It helps you see the logic and thus remember it better as well.

As for terminology: that's just blatant studying by heart. No can do there. It sucks, it's tiresome, it's necessary.

Do not study in utter silence, unless the environment in which you make your exam is also utterly silent (hardly ever the case). Instead, study in open places with people going about their business (not children). A local (busy) library, a parc, etc..
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 03-14-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    When attending any kind of College or (open) University, there should be a website with existing forum where any College/University attendant can browse through existing threads and open their own, to be answered by their peers and/or tutors.

Anyhow, your question is a bit confusing. You state that you went to collegue, but you are no longer? Or are you?
    What exactly do you mean with "taking English methods". You should have gotten some kind of booklist when signing up.

As for being lazy; it's quite ironic you have to ask this on a gaming forum, haha. Anyway, asking help is the first step. Not taking too much at once, is a second. I never needed to study and have never done so either, until I hit College. The difference is so sudden and drastic, you have a lot of catching up to do. Planning is key.

Planning in pauzes and "other stuff to do" is just as important, if not more.
    It does not do well to plan a study part of 3hours on end with but 10 min break inbetween, if you're wasting 2/3rds on tinkering and delaying. Better make the study parts short, but intensive.

You need to be strict and stick to the schedule. For all I care, you ask someone to take away your phone or shut down the electricity.
    There is no given method, every person is different. I for one, can't be bothered writing summaries - I take it you are neither. You spend 90% of your time writing them and only 10% actually studying.. if at all (as I usually run out of time to still study after I finish with summarizing).
    Learn straight from the book, but even more so always find matching reallife examples/cases of anything you study. It helps you see the logic and thus remember it better as well.

As for terminology: that's just blatant studying by heart. No can do there. It sucks, it's tiresome, it's necessary.

Do not study in utter silence, unless the environment in which you make your exam is also utterly silent (hardly ever the case). Instead, study in open places with people going about their business (not children). A local (busy) library, a parc, etc..
    Sorry my English is bad when it comes to writing.
    I'm in college and this is my first year.
    No, our college doesn't offer such browser or site.
    I meant English subjects.
    I actually am going to do that I will ask my dad to take away my phone my pc, just them all, because if not now then never right.
    The problem with our subjects is that they are so full of information, and the exam comes from any part of the book, how i am supposed to remember all of that.
    we actually have to write so much that the time "2hours" in exam can make it even more stressing.
    That's true imagining the cases u study is so helpful, yet I can't use it in all my subjects, sometimes it's hard to find a matching case or even imagining one.
    That's why i am asking for a site of such thing where I can find all the information I need, yet if I ever find that site i will only access it from a small phone, I wish there was a program where I can strict all kind of games, facebook and all that for a period of time you choose lol.
    You see the transition part between high school and college is really hard, especially when you are asked to do very well in the first year of the college, it's like this is your life infront of you, you either fail or succeed. That's to say, thank you so much for your help you are a real free spirit.

You do not 'remember all that'.
    It's not plausible to go through a 300p thick book for every subject, and remembering everything. It's impossible, it is also not required.

You have to read it and consider what may be more important. You have to look for the red line and follow it through the course. They cannot ask everything on an exam, as such - you needn't to know everything. This is where attending the classes comes in handy - as, during these lessons, the emphasis on certain parts of the course is laid upon. These are the parts you must know very well - the rest comes through reading thoroughly and understanding what you read. If you understand the core/basics, you can put the dots together when it comes down to a "lesser question". This is what some may call the "common sense" in regards to that specific subject.

When attending an exam, do not be silly by trying to fill in anything in everything just for the sake of it. If you do not know it, do not waste your time jotting something down in there for the obvious reasons:
    1) you ARE wasting time,
    2) it will not magically come to you by just staring at it,
    3) writing something completely off is worse than skipping it altogether. You can understand the question, but not knowing its answer = fine. You can just write something silly in there and show that you do not understand nor master the subject,
    4) did I mention that you are wasting your time? Not only yours, but that of your lecturer as well.

Read all questions before starting to just cram everything in there. Take your time for that. Take your time filling in your credentials (name, etc..). Many people forget that part, it's not only stupid, but can cost you marks as well. It also helps getting your focus on the task at hand.
    Only then you go for the actual questions. Do not wait with the biggest/hardest ones till the end. To the contrary. Since you have read the exam, you will know what questions are the easiest.. wait with those till the end.

Be thorough, but not to the extend that you are writing a book. Your lecturer has to correct a hundred exams after yours, do not waste his time.. he's already aggravated enough. You do not want to be the cause of that.
    Always flip over your page, and read when finished. Too many people forget the backhandside.. not even kidding.

If you don't trust yourself with the pc (facebook, etc).. just study through your books. Write down any questions/subject matter/etc on a piece of paper. Go to a library where you have to pay for computer usage. You do not want to waste money, you're a student - you need that to buy drinks and too much food - so take the paid time to search those questions/subject matters, get your answers and get going.

Here (Belgium), every College has such forum, since half our courses are given through PPT's and the likes (laptop/tablet is mandatory) as it reduces the carrying weight of too many books.

Since I did not know how to study (as I never needed to), I had a hard time doing College. You do not change that all of a sudden, that's why small steps are important. Failing a subject is not the end of it. Do plan on which subject you can and cannot have lesser marks as not to waste too much of that precious time on those subjects you are going to fail anyway. At least, that was my strategy.
    Here we can take subjects from the 1st grade along with us to the 2nd grade - so i don't know about that over there (where is that?).

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    You do not 'remember all that'.
    It's not plausible to go through a 300p thick book for every subject, and remembering everything. It's impossible, it is also not required.

You have to read it and consider what may be more important. You have to look for the red line and follow it through the course. They cannot ask everything on an exam, as such - you needn't to know everything. This is where attending the classes comes in handy - as, during these lessons, the emphasis on certain parts of the course is laid upon. These are the parts you must know very well - the rest comes through reading thoroughly and understanding what you read. If you understand the core/basics, you can put the dots together when it comes down to a "lesser question". This is what some may call the "common sense" in regards to that specific subject.

When attending an exam, do not be silly by trying to fill in anything in everything just for the sake of it. If you do not know it, do not waste your time jotting something down in there for the obvious reasons:
    1) you ARE wasting time,
    2) it will not magically come to you by just staring at it,
    3) writing something completely off is worse than skipping it altogether. You can understand the question, but not knowing its answer = fine. You can just write something silly in there and show that you do not understand nor master the subject,
    4) did I mention that you are wasting your time? Not only yours, but that of your lecturer as well.

Read all questions before starting to just cram everything in there. Take your time for that. Take your time filling in your credentials (name, etc..). Many people forget that part, it's not only stupid, but can cost you marks as well. It also helps getting your focus on the task at hand.
    Only then you go for the actual questions. Do not wait with the biggest/hardest ones till the end. To the contrary. Since you have read the exam, you will know what questions are the easiest.. wait with those till the end.

Be thorough, but not to the extend that you are writing a book. Your lecturer has to correct a hundred exams after yours, do not waste his time.. he's already aggravated enough. You do not want to be the cause of that.
    Always flip over your page, and read when finished. Too many people forget the backhandside.. not even kidding.

If you don't trust yourself with the pc (facebook, etc).. just study through your books. Write down any questions/subject matter/etc on a piece of paper. Go to a library where you have to pay for computer usage. You do not want to waste money, you're a student - you need that to buy drinks and too much food - so take the paid time to search those questions/subject matters, get your answers and get going.

Here (Belgium), every College has such forum, since half our courses are given through PPT's and the likes (laptop/tablet is mandatory) as it reduces the carrying weight of too many books.

Since I did not know how to study (as I never needed to), I had a hard time doing College. You do not change that all of a sudden, that's why small steps are important. Failing a subject is not the end of it. Do plan on which subject you can and cannot have lesser marks as not to waste too much of that precious time on those subjects you are going to fail anyway. At least, that was my strategy.
    Here we can take subjects from the 1st grade along with us to the 2nd grade - so i don't know about that over there (where is that?).
    In Algeria we don't have such things, there is a library in the college yes but it's really nothing different than your home lol, and when it comes to its books the books are ancient, I doubt you would even find a book that talks about anything related to "Now adays" law.
    Those 4 steps you said I actually do know as those I was doing in my high school exams, im not a failure, I actually had quiet good grades in high school. It's just that I wasnt that kind of a person who would sit down infront of books for many hours, I rather used to listen to the lecturer, understand and then when the exams come I write down what I understood, though the questions in high school exams were entirely something else, The longest answer you would write was 5 lines.
    We also don't have a forum for the college, neither do we study with tablets, all u have is the book and a sheet u get to write down notes.
    There is also no option to fail in a subject lol, I l can't take less than 172 each year, failing a subject means the end of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by LawyerPls View Post
    In Algeria we don't have such things, there is a library in the college yes but it's really nothing different than your home lol, and when it comes to its books the books are ancient, I doubt you would even find a book that talks about anything related to "Now adays" law.
    Those 4 steps you said I actually do know as those I was doing in my high school exams, im not a failure, I actually had quiet good grades in high school. It's just that I wasnt that kind of a person who would sit down infront of books for many hours, I rather used to listen to the lecturer, understand and then when the exams come I write down what I understood, though the questions in high school exams were entirely something else, The longest answer you would write was 5 lines.
    We also don't have a forum for the college, neither do we study with tablets, all u have is the book and a sheet u get to write down notes.
    There is also no option to fail in a subject lol, I l can't take less than 172 each year, failing a subject means the end of my life.
    Going to study something means simply you have to pass the prescribed exams.
    The best way is to communicate with other students and lecturers. Ask what is needed to pass a certain exam.
    Going to some forums, studying something else will not help you. You just need to learn to do what is asked. That's all.

Don't worry if you have different system and different books. You just have to follow your programme and your courses.
    Every system has it's good and bad sides. Students are trained to read a lot and learn a lot. Same as soldiers to do a lot of exercises. It's just a massive brain training, nothing else

Don't worry if the books are old. It's so irrelevant if you train yourself to read let's say min 10 pages in 1 hour and make notes.

Which methods "resonate" with you, depends only on you. You are the one who must see what is required and organize your time to do it. I mean, you have lost and found places, but you can't find your lost time there, only an umbrella or a wallet
    So, you must organize your 24 hours in a way you have enough sleep, rest, a some fun too and lots of work.
    What helped me, was the idea if I learn 20 pages every day (2 hours min) it means 250 a month including free weekends
    But if you skip only 1 or 2 days it's impossible to catch up.
    So, if you don't skip your 2 hours training every day, you can go through 2k pages in 8 months (1 academic year), which usually covers all exams.

Good luck

Banned
    A gaming forum is decidedly the absolute worst place to ask for advice in finding legal educational topics.

I would much more suggest you peruse the OpenCourseWare offered by most of the majr U.S. Universities. These offer FREE courses in just about every field of study - including Legal Studies. Here is a link to the OpenCourseWare offered by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (aka M.I.T.). I have droilled down to the courses that concern themselves with Legal Studies for you.

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/find-by-t...t=legalstudies

Here is another big-name university offering free courses:
    https://www.extension.harvard.edu/op...ing-initiative -- Harvard University
    http://online-learning.harvard.edu/ -- Harvard University

Here is a jumping off point to find OpenCourseware anywhere in the free world:

http://www.oeconsortium.org/

Remember that these courses are FREE. They offer the same material that students in attendance use in earning their Degrees.
    The caveat is that you do not access to professors/TAs or can use these as credit to earning a degree.

They are an excellent source for building your own personal education regardless of what the topic is.

People accuse me of being a know-it-all. Well, it seems I have just given away one of my dirty little secrets
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 03-14-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hoquyly2016 View Post
    Những bài tập tăng chiều cao dưới đây, giúp giãn cơ không chỉ giúp bạn xóa tan mệt mỏi, cơ thể uyển chuyển mà còn giúp bạn tăng chiều cao 3-4cm ngay cả khi đã trưởng thành.

Giãn cơ dọc: Bài tập này giúp bạn đánh thức những cơ ở phần dưới cơ thể như cơ chân và cơ bụng một cách nhanh chóng và góp phần tăng chiều cao hiệu quả. Bước A: Bước chân phải lên trước và hạ thấp người. Đặt ngón tay trên sàn, mắt nhìn thẳng. Bước B: Hít vào và thở ra đồng thời nâng người lên, kéo giãn chân phải ra phía sau. Từ từ trở về vị trí ban đầu. Lặp lại động tác 4 lần và đổi bên.

Giãn cơ đứng: Toàn bộ cơ thể hầu như sẽ được kéo giãn cực độ trong động tác này để chuẩn bị cho bạn tinh thần tốt nhất trước khi đi làm. Bước A: Đứng thẳng, hai tay nắm chặt và giơ lên cao sao cho ngón trỏ của hai bàn tay không nắm với nhau. Hít vào khi tay vung cao. Bước B: Thở ra khi nghiêng người về bên phải. Từ từ trở về vị trí ban đầu và lặp lại trong 5 nhịp thở ở cùng bên rồi đổi sang bên ngược lại.

Giãn cơ cúi người: Động tác giãn cơ cúi người có thể đánh thức cơ chân cùng với phần phía trên của cơ thể bao gồm cơ ngực, vai và tay. Bước A: Đưa hai cánh tay ra đằng sau và nắm lấy nhau. Hít vào và duỗi thẳng hai cánh tay để mở rộng ngực. Bước B: Thở ra và cúi người đồng thời giữ nguyên độ co giãn của cánh tay. Giữ nguyên vị trí trong vòng 5 nhịp thở và trở lại ban đầu.

Giãn cơ vươn người: Bài tập này là bài tổng hợp để cơ thể được kéo giãn từ phần trên cho tới những bộ phận ở phía dưới. Bước A: Bước chân phải lên trước và hạ thấp người cùng với chân trái. Hai tay giơ trước chân phải, hai bàn tay đan vào nhau đặt song song với mặt sàn. Bước B: Hít vào khi đưa tay lên phía trên quá đầu cho tới vị trí cao nhất có thể. Giữ nguyên trong 5 nhịp thở rồi đổi chân.

Giãn cơ vắt chân: Đây được đánh giá là động tác khá khó thực hiện nhưng lại mang tới hiệu quả tuyệt đối nếu bạn muốn sở hữu cơ thể dẻo dai, đầy sức sống. Bước A: Ngồi trên sàn, để chân phải duỗi ngang. Chân trái vắt qua chân phải sao cho đầu gối trái giơ cao ngang ngực. Dùng tay phải giơ ra phía trước đầu gối chân trái để giữ chân. Hít vào khi ngồi thẳng. Bước B: Thở ra và từ từ xoay người về phía bên trái sao cho xoay sâu nhất có thể. Giữ tư thế trong khoảng 5 nhịp thở rồi trở lại vị trí ban đầu và đổi chân

Giãn cơ úp người: Bạn có thể kéo giãn cơ chân, vai và đặc biệt là cơ lưng trong động tác không mấy khó khăn này. Bước A: Ngồi thẳng trên sàn, hai chân chụm lại sao cho bàn chân chạm nhau. Hít vào và nâng cao ngực trước khi thực hiện động tác. Bước B: Thở ra, tay đặt trên sàn và từ từ cúi người xuống sàn. Động tác này yêu cầu bạn cần giữ thẳng lưng và gập xuống sâu nhất có thể. Giữ vị trí trong 5 nhịp thở và trở về vị trí ban đầu.
    this guy nailed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    I like My Little Pony Friendship is magic

Banned
    Floogle translate says he has exercises that can increase penis size to 3-4cm and turn you gay...

Fraternity is a good way to learn.. all the different brands of alcohol and how not to mix them up.
    Actually.. nevermind, that's just college for you.