+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rohan players react to: Tera drama!

Herro ppl of rohan.

As many of you know I play lots of TERA these days. I came across a thread on their forums about some server 1st title competition that turned to ****.

The thread can be found here

Basic story:

A new dungeon is out people are competing for the 1st clear on their server. People from the most popular server use some bug or transfer to the other servers (not clear how exactly it was done yet) to steal the 1st clear titles from the other servers.

The end result is instead of 5 people having the 1st clear title per server 1 server will have virtually all of the titles while the rest have none.

What is funny is that I found myself saying "This is something rohan players would do" and its the truth we are a bunch of cut throat bastards that will do anything for the win.

Would you guys side with the people from the original servers?
    Should they be isolated from the competition even tho clearly they are worse than the people on the most popular server?
    Do they deserve to be labeled as "good" because in the scope of their low pop server they are?
    How would you expect the GMs to react if this was rohan?

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Disabling the server transfer would be the right thing to do on the GMs side.
    Um if the low pop guys won then they won even tho its low pop -.-
    The guys that did the tranfer, well they took advantage of something and used it if even if it wasn't specified on the GMs event instructions then its legit. Its Gms fault for not taking precautions.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Herro ppl of rohan.

As many of you know I play lots of TERA these days. I came across a thread on their forums about some server 1st title competition that turned to ****.

Basic story:

What is funny is that I found myself saying "This is something rohan players would do" and its the truth we are a bunch of cut throat bastards that will do anything for the win.

Should they be isolated from the competition even tho clearly they are worse than the people on the most popular server?
    Do they deserve to be labeled as "good" because in the scope of their low pop server they are?
    Easy, if they cheated (as in not following the TOS) just perma-bann em. If you set an example of a few perma banned players, less cheaters will follow. That's the whole problem with rohan, people know you can scam, cheat and hack whatever you want and you pretty much never get perma banned as long as ur a big spender. This causes people to reason that it's ''allowed'' which in rohans case, destroyed the game.

And honestly Sunny, I don't see different communitys in other games, Rohan is by far the worst but in most games, most people will do anything to get to the top.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Banned
    thanks for sharing the gold popcorn of tera drama GM Strellan !

Banned
    tbh i'd ban the devs/the people who used that exploit and I'd close that game cuz apparently population is low and theres bunch of shawn's like there D:

Rohan was designed to attract the hardcore pvp-mmo players. Controlling the public display of power and self promotion is what it's all about. I looked briefly on the Tera store to see if server transfers were purchasable and couldn't find any kind of service like that right away, without that kind of service this sounds like a permaban is appropriate. I think the f2p-p2w model fails when appropriate limits aren't placed on repeatable purchases. If server transfers are a service they offer, then they should govern how often the transfer can take place. I recently found an interview from Fred White, it's from just after the release of Ronelia:
    Fred White:
    The item mall sells items to help you grow and/or personalize your characters, without giving unfair advantages to those with more cash.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...9/feature/3963

In Rohan, do you think the balance of power would be better if things like Wrath of Ohn either didn't exist or were less accessible? Maintaining multiple accounts (not just characters) is a massive problem for evaluating the balance of Rohan. Korean Rohan accounts require your Korean Social Security Number to create an account, as do many Korean web accounts. I don't know if they limit the number of accounts you can associate with a kssn but it would be so easy sustain a more competitive environment by limiting people from logging a priest, rumir, defender, guard, and two templars or whatever, it's just too easy to collect resources that way, transcendence materials in particular. What happens when KD has a whole armor set transcended? We'll all look back at KD's 700k mele pray for the "old rohan" but not because it was the normal progression, it's the acquisition of resources in an extreme way.

The pvp system in Rohan is pretty great. Keeping buffs player specific is a great idea, but the incentive for maintaining multiple accounts is high (without discussing rohanopoly). //thread topic derailed, mention of balance

Herro ppl of rohan.

Basic story:

I wont side with any cheat. Scammer. 2 faced scab. Ide rather fight alone

There are 2 groups of people.

1 group transfered using paid server transfer to other servers to get the title.

1 other group allegedly used instance matching bug (think of it like ashkeena bug) to queue from multiple servers and get the title on all the servers at once.

In the 1st situation I let them keep the title lets be real here the ppl on the server had a head start and still lost like wtf is that?

In the 2nd situation I take title away. no bans

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    2nd situation: pretty simple, if you ask me.
    ToS clearly states that using bugs to your advantage is an actual bannable offense. However, considering the scale in which this happened, it is probably best to just disqualify each and every member of said guild (and anyone else who broke "the rules").
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

There are 2 groups of people.

1 group transfered using paid server transfer to other servers to get the title.

1 other group allegedly used instance matching bug (think of it like ashkeena bug) to queue from multiple servers and get the title on all the servers at once.

In the 1st situation I let them keep the title lets be real here the ppl on the server had a head start and still lost like wtf is that?

In the 2nd situation I take title away. no bans
    Wai yu so kind (carebear huehue xD), BANHAMMER. For real, the first situation, yea I'd let em keep em as long as no rules were broken. Second situation Just bann their asses.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h