+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Red face Returning player with some questions

Hello everyone.
    I used to play rohan for years since beta, but quit several years ago when they released those 1k$ weapons or whatever they were.
    Been playing lots of high end mmorpgs since, but recently bumped into an old rohan friend in another game and well... memories came back of good old rohan times, so I decided to give rohan another shot, especially when I saw they had a new class trinity which is awwww so kawaii by the looks of it.
    I couldn't find anything on wiki about trinity, and google isn't much help either.
    With youtube I learned it's skill tree's but nothing on gear or weapons or how this class works, any guides out there anyone please?
    With said I started in beta as a dhan so please ignore my forum name, I love nothing more than playing support/healer these days, that loves running around buffing and saving people's asses, which brings me to another question, rumir belongs in a buffing squad right? Like... running around with priest, templar and rumir?
    Also how is the situation with those damned weapons devs released (those 1k$ screw ups), are they more than ever in the game now or have they been slowly decreasing, basicly is the balance back or completely dead?
    And are there any servers without them?
    Last question, I pressume Jaimus is the highest populated server now? Is that where all old servers are like marea etc or something new ( im downloading the game atm so I can't see the server list) and does jaimus ( is it a server or cluster? If cluster which is the most lively server in it worth playing in?) has those imba weapons?

Additional suggestions and tips are welcome.
    Thank you!

lol I just wrote a reply to this and went to post it and got a stupid error message ><

I will reply again in a little. Off to make dinner atm.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    lol I just wrote a reply to this and went to post it and got a stupid error message ><

I will reply again in a little. Off to make dinner atm.
    Awwww terrible when that happens! I made it a hard habbit long ago to always copy my text before posting on any website teehee <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kety View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I used to play rohan for years since beta, but quit several years ago when they released those 1k$ weapons or whatever they were.
    They don't cost 1k but rather 100-150$ I guess
    Been playing lots of high end mmorpgs since, but recently bumped into an old rohan friend in another game and well... memories came back of good old rohan times, so I decided to give rohan another shot, especially when I saw they had a new class trinity which is awwww so kawaii by the looks of it.
    I couldn't find anything on wiki about trinity, and google isn't much help either.
    With youtube I learned it's skill tree's but nothing on gear or weapons or how this class works, any guides out there anyone please?
    Don't start a Trinity, they eat money and upgs (every time a new upg is released you will lose your old one and putting a new one in your weapon is a bloody nightmare $$$$$)
    With said I started in beta as a dhan so please ignore my forum name, I love nothing more than playing support/healer these days, that loves running around buffing and saving people's asses, which brings me to another question, rumir belongs in a buffing squad right? Like... running around with priest, templar and rumir?
    Soon everything will be selfbuffed, if you like to go support, yes rumir/priest/vit def are good
    Also how is the situation with those damned weapons devs released (those 1k$ screw ups), are they more than ever in the game now or have they been slowly decreasing, basicly is the balance back or completely dead?
    And are there any servers without them?
    the balance is brought back by balance updates which revamps most of the skills from all classes, there is different tiers of upg weapons, more about that in my guide (too lazy to explain again). Isen is without them but I wouldn't adivce to go there
    Last question, I pressume Jaimus is the highest populated server now? Is that where all old servers are like marea etc or something new ( im downloading the game atm so I can't see the server list) and does jaimus ( is it a server or cluster? If cluster which is the most lively server in it worth playing in?) has those imba weapons?
    Play in Jainus, Isen is dead. Jainus is a combination of the origional servers like Marea, Syrephis etc which were merged multiple times, togehter with Jin as well it makes up Jainus which is one big cluster server, all sub servers end up in the same server...

Additional suggestions and tips are welcome.
    Thank you!
    In general, read the returning player guide in my signature and you will probably find alot of info about things that were released after you quit.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Just start the Trinity char and do the tutorial.

First part of the Tutorial (killing of your first few mobs) is a bit tiresome, though - but thereafter you'll get an explanation about the weapons and armors.

This tutorial takes abt 20 minutes. After these 20 minutes, you'll be level 51 with lvl 6 SES armour and weapon included. Be advised that maintenance costs of these Trinity chars is (very) high.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post

First part of the Tutorial (killing of your first few mobs) is a bit tiresome, though - but thereafter you'll get an explanation about the weapons and armors.

This tutorial takes abt 20 minutes. After these 20 minutes, you'll be level 51 with lvl 6 SES armour and weapon included. Be advised that maintenance costs of these Trinity chars is (very) high.
    Yup, better go priest if you like supporting and not wasting tonns of money on the new kawaii big boob race lel
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    Yup, better go priest if you like supporting and not wasting tonns of money on the new kawaii big boob race lel
    Big Boobie Hovering Bitches ;D
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kety View Post
    Awwww terrible when that happens! I made it a hard habbit long ago to always copy my text before posting on any website teehee <3
    I normally do this since it used to happen to me a lot. I guess i just forgot this time :/

Anyhoo, welcome back to Rohan.

So the trinity is a pretty op race. The noirs (dark) have some really insane stuns that are hell annoying in pvp and Rumirs (light) have better heals than a priest and also have a "vit" buff that at lvl 7 gives 40% vit and as well as some other useful pt buffs. They do lack buffs like Obligation/ grace and so on so in a sense it still makes priest the ultimate healers. Rumirs also do some pretty insane damage so keep that in mind.

And if you do decide to make a trinity char, do all of the main quests at the trin home town. They give some rly nice exp and rewards and can get you to lvl 101 very easy.

Some links that I could find about the trinity and their weapon guide (which is pretty complex) =

http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24364

http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...870#post308870

Not sure if the skills here are 100% correct but its a bit of a guide to where you wanna be going.

http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...hlight=Trinity

I know there is another thread about the trin somewhere around here and Ill hunt it down and find it for you a bit later.

And yes, there are some other great tips in Snipers guide.

Epic weps are still around but alot of players now use "upgrades", they have more stats and stuff and are alot cheaper than the Epics ever were. They get sold every few months on the EM for a decent price or a lot of players will sell them in the EM. Cheaper just to buy the parts and make it yourself imo.

Jainus is where most of the people are at. If I remember correctly its just a combination of all the other severs which have been merged and renamed over time.

Isen is dead so I suggest you dont go there.

Anyhoo, just drop questions here if you get lost on anything. Someone will always answer.

A lot has changed in the last few years and that can be overwhelming for a new player/ returning player.

Good luck

*note to self, copy and paste reply ahahaha*

When you wake up..
    But that's ok.

It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

When you wake up..
    But that's ok.

It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Thank you everyone for your responses and helpful info, some parts where confusing so i got a few more questions :-)
    After posting this i will go read the guide for returning players as suggested so if some questions are covered there disregard them here please.

[QUOTE=snipers334;326197]
    "Don't start a Trinity, they eat money and upgs (every time a new upg is released you will lose your old one and putting a new one in your weapon is a bloody nightmare $$$$$)"
    I'm not sure I understand, if this part is covered in your guide disregard this as I will read the guide in a bit.

"Soon everything will be selfbuffed, if you like to go support, yes rumir/priest/vit def are good"

I don't follow, is there a new patch/expansion coming soon that makes characters solo instead of party playable?
    Will Almighty from priest become self buff only, and other priest buffs for mana, psy, int, mental barrier or how its called ( i got a bit rusty with remembering stuff about this game), and even the rumirs buffs such as health for other players that arent limited to party only, will all those buffs be broken( impossible to buff other targets)??
    This part is very important to me as one of my main reasons to return to the game is to buff and help players.
    If this will not be possible at all then I don't think theres point to come back to play, whats a game without community socializing and helping each other other than the obvious kill sprees.

"Play in Jainus, Isen is dead. Jainus is a combination of the origional servers like Marea, Syrephis etc which were merged multiple times, togehter with Jin as well it makes up Jainus which is one big cluster server, all sub servers end up in the same server..."
    Jainus it is then! However I don't understand one thing.. I plan to buy one character from the exchange, now I noticed it has a lot of old known server names along with jainus in front, how does it work if I were to buy a character on lets say tempestm where would it go what is the idea behind this and not just have one server named Jainus, cause other stuff in exchange like items and pets etc have just jainus in front of them with no other server names added. Is it because some people had too many characters in different servers before or some other catch?

And thank you for making the guide!<3

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post

By maintenance costs you mean durability from using the weapon in combat? or from level ups?

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    I think I still have a lvl 96 priest on one of my accounts, I will have a look when my loader finishes patching those gigabites.
    i hope she is not deleted as i read ( don't know if its true or not) some people claim their characters are deleted if they haven't played in a long time.
    But back on topic, i really want to give Rumir at least a try, she looks really cute and would be good addition to my elf family
    Just out of curiousity, you say Rumirs are expensive to maintain, can u give me an estimate on montly costs?

And thank you Aurora for the links, will go and read them in a bit <3