+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Existence of mage in end game

I've question about end game related.
    As far as I know, every game design mage as damage dealer or utility. But since Seal is simpler in the term of gameplay, mage should be known as damage dealer.

But majority of other class also excell at damage dealer.
    Lets say Assassin who can overwhelm enemy in pvp, gambler who can dish out damage with very high aspd or gunner who can took enemy out with critical hit.

Mage don't have these qualities.
    Their range outclassed by gambler. Their high damage skill is outclassed by gunner. And even their utility (immolation, freeze, mana shield) outclassed by renegade (break debuff and other stuff).

I wondering if mage worth a role as end game class.
    Like, how rarely people inviting Fire wizard or Ice to join raid, alcanez or hunting boss.
    I also never join warzone, so I never saw how mage competing with other class.
    Can someone tell me ?

I feel like they should buff mage because mage supposed to be great in attacking but fragile.

i have same opinion with you. when first time i play mage i think fire wizard have great damage, thats why i choose to use fire wizard. but in seal BoD the fire wizard great damage only applies when you fight with monster only. But in PVP, fire wizard have BUG thats why he damage not equal with when you fight with monster. i Hope GM will fix this problem. FYI, i always playing my fire wizard in Warzone in duran only to take a chance to win a golden chest key . Until now i have opinion that fire wizard have BUG when PVP (CMIIW). Thank (my FW Lv 213).
    Oh i forgot, if you looking for Fire Wizard lv 251 you can see in duran with IGN Lokiwizard

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWarMKW View Post
    But in PVP, fire wizard have BUG thats why he damage not equal with when you fight with monster. i Hope GM will fix this problem.
    Is that even a bug ? I thought every class will get adjustment between pvp and pve.
    Also are flame shield work well (feedback 2k damage / hit ?)

There are still those that join warzone using either a fire wizard or an ice wizard just like ChaosWar there. Although the most probable to survive the chaos ensuing during warzone are the ice wizards if they put enough vit to lengthen their lifespan and be a support by freezing the enemies. Yes, wizards in PvP dont have that much "Fire" power (pun intended) as of right now. but if they do get fixed well that would be an entirely new story, imagine the nuke damage of it. But one can only stand by in the shadows until the rise of the these elemental wielders, oh and wizards can still join raids if you just have friends to invite you they may not be the most popular in terms of playing dodgeball with the gamblers but hey its still a decent damage when used properly.

Last edited by SoulCrow; 01-27-2016 at 04:11 AM.
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come

There's a lot of view points regarding Mage, i will share my opinion here:

For fire Wizard:

Why play fire wizard:
    For Hunting:
    - A lot of possibilities of build. You can build it as 1v1 or aoe (Focus on one)
    - No buff, no problem means you can always solo hunt if you want
    - Almost No Miss for skills
    - Easy Life (1 or 2 skills only for each bale)

For War Zone (for this one, i will explain in detail):
    - It'd be best to build tank (High survivability) Fire wizard. Even if you invest some points to int, the damage won't increase a lot. (due to bug)
    FYI : I was one of the last survival during Warzone, where they need to gank on me.
    - Circle of Fire is the worst enemy for Gambler. It will return 200 dmg for each hit.
    - Gamblers from your team will be able to masquerade you for magic attack buff.
    - You can blink using staff booster, you can get whooping 400 defense buff, and you have high chance of aoe immobilize. <-- not 100%
    Pieces of advice:
    - Don't die or disconnect because you are needed till the end of Warzone. (at least till all of your gamblers die)
    - You have to invest all into vit and wis (please do this only if you are not hunting anymore).
    - Always make sure your mana shield is ON. (for vit and wis build)
    - Time your Flame shield and Staff Booster usage because they have a long cool down time. (The good timed Flame shield and staff booster will be the key of winning)
    - Always use Aoe Skills, only use job 1's 1 v 1 skills in case you are protecting your apostle.
    - Avoid assassin as much as possible! (For now, berserker's combo is bugged, so i won't mention it. if it got fixed, totally avoid berserker at all cost!)

For Ice Wizard, will be explained on separate reply.

The conclusion is:
    You choose Mage if you need a class that has a lot of potential and hard to play.
    If you build and master the key usage correctly, you will be able to lead your team to victory.
    Last edited by clsept; 03-20-2016 at 05:03 PM. Reason: fixed eartquake chance

Quote Originally Posted by clsept View Post
    There's a lot of view points regarding Mage, i will share my opinion here:

For fire Wizard:

Why play fire wizard:

For War Zone (for this one, i will explain in detail):
    - It'd be best to build tank (High survivability) Fire wizard. Even if you invest some points to int, the damage won't increase a lot. (due to bug)
    FYI : I was one of the last survival during Warzone, where they need to gank on me.
    - Circle of Fire is the worst enemy for Gambler. It will return 200 dmg for each hit.
    - Gamblers from your team will be able to masquerade you for magic attack buff.
    - You can blink using staff booster, you can get whooping 400 defense buff, and you have 100% (so far) aoe immobilize.
    Pieces of advice:
    - Don't die or disconnect because you are needed till the end of Warzone. (at least till all of your gamblers die)
    - You have to invest all into vit and wis (please do this only if you are not hunting anymore).
    - Always make sure your mana shield is ON. (for vit and wis build)
    - Time your Flame shield and Staff Booster usage because they have a long cool down time. (The good timed Flame shield and staff booster will be the key of winning)
    - Always use Aoe Skills, only use job 1's 1 v 1 skills in case you are protecting your apostle.
    - Avoid assassin as much as possible! (For now, berserker's combo is bugged, so i won't mention it. if it got fixed, totally avoid berserker at all cost!)
    Ah... interesting answer.
    I never thought to leave int and put everything on vit and wis.
    And you mean 2k damage feedback work perfectly ? Thats a good news.
    And earthquake has 100% chance to immobilize at lv 5 ?

And I don't know much about bug in this game.
    Is this supposed "second class skill never work correctly" bug that GM never respond because they could potentially break the warzone?

Quote Originally Posted by ashmstrike View Post
    Ah... interesting answer.
    I never thought to leave int and put everything on vit and wis.
    And you mean 2k damage feedback work perfectly ? Thats a good news.
    And earthquake has 100% chance to immobilize at lv 5 ?

And I don't know much about bug in this game.
    Is this supposed "second class skill never work correctly" bug that GM never respond because they could potentially break the warzone?
    I don't know if you have spoken with the GMs. They already mentioned that the second class skills are bugged in PVP and they have notified the developers about it. Now, it's not their fault that there are still buggy skills. IMO, that only means the developers haven't sent them a solution/patch to fix it yet. So instead of pestering them about the skills, let's just wait for a fix.

Before I forget, while you wait for a patch to fix the damage in PVP, do consider going out to do PVE. Wizards can deal tons of damage with 1 skill so it's good to bring down monsters with high HP. Just go back after casting your spell and wait for cooldown. Also, don't hit the monsters first in you are in a party because doing so will attract a lot of aggro from those monsters and they will chase you. Just wait for a defender to provoke them and get their attention. Some Wizards don't know that and that's why they die first during Raids.

Amalager - Assassin
    Arus Server

After doing a lot of researches,

1. The Earthquake skill not 100% stun, but it has a really high chance of doing so.

2. The only class and build that can kill stamina, wisdom build fire wizard is Gambler LUCK build. (tested Gunner, Magic build Gambler lv 251 and good gears).
    PS: Ofc you can kill it without luck gambler if you gank on FW. Magic gambler with good gears deals less than 200 damage to FW by throwing good PF, which means the flame ring feedback hurts more.
    Highest damage output from gunner is 2k if critical.

3. After testing it with some gamblers, luck gambler with the best possible equip can deals 10k damage using BJ if crit, while the magic build deals around 2-3k damage if crit.

4. Earthquake stops / interrupts the skill casting.

5. At unison server, Fire wizard will benefit from the additional AP growth which makes stamina and wisdom build is necessary to be applied.

6. At certain point, if you get some good gears, giga flame and phoenix will do 1 hit to spade. Yes, even phoenix will 1 hit. After resetting to stamina and wisdom, you can still 1 hit spade if using hellfire buff.
    Last edited by clsept; 03-31-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clsept View Post
    After doing a lot of researches,

2. The only class and build that can kill stamina-wisdom build fire wizard is Gambler LUK build. (tested Gunner, Magic build Gambler lv 251 and good gears).
    PS: Ofc you can kill it without luk gambler if you gank on FW. Magic gambler with good gears deals less than 200 damage to FW by throwing good PF, which means the flame ring feedback hurts more.
    Highest damage output from gunner is 2k if critical.

5. At unison server, Fire wizard will benefit from the additional AP growth which makes stamina and wisdom build is necessary to be applied.
    2. Whoah, this really took my interest.
    I also never heard about Luck gambler. Does that mean they rely on skill rather than normal throwing ?
    And 2k from gunner... is that critical headshot or normal hit ?
    I really hope you share the stat spread and equip list for bothside.

5. Does the "AP growth" mean, more AP/point spent on wisdom ?

Quote Originally Posted by ashmstrike View Post
    2. Whoah, this really took my interest.
    I also never heard about Luck gambler. Does that mean they rely on skill rather than normal throwing ?
    And 2k from gunner... is that critical headshot or normal hit ?
    I really hope you share the stat spread and equip list for bothside.

5. Does the "AP growth" mean, more AP/point spent on wisdom ?
    2. Luck build gambler is bugged, it will do more damage than magic build gambler. luck build means investing status points to luck.
    For Fire Wizard, THe status is Stamina and wisdom only (6:4), while the equips are jikael xg TBS with Brick hat XG.
    For Gunner, If I'm not mistaken, Royal Blunderbuss XG, CCC.Xg.
    Yes, It's Critical headshot deals 2k damage

5. In Unison, Investing status points on Wisdom will gives more AP than normal.