+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

damage drop and min. damage drop

Hi!
    Anyone knows what is the difference between damage drop in weapons and min. damage drop in armors?

thanks for help

Damage Drop in weapons drops the total damage taken after being droped by pdf/mdf. Min DD drops damage taken after Damage Drop but its useless if you dont have insane HP which you should be looking for. Min DD only works better in PvE and Mages shields, for other classes is kind of garbage. DD is superior.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Damage drop on weapons will always lower your incoming dmg with said % on your weapon. However, if you're very weak - you will still get hit for a lot. What is more, damage drop does not lower elemental dmg received.
    Armor defense on weapons will increase your total defense stats by said % on your weapon. This effectively increases your inflated and 'pure' defense stats and will effectively lower both the incoming damage AND elemental damage.
    Having a lot of defense will thus have a major impact on the dmg+elementaldmg you receive.

However, at some point it will not matter how much more defense you add. You can add 2k 5k or 10k.. mobs will still hit your for 80-100+little elemental dmg. That is the minimum amount of dmg you will always be hit with even though you have a ton of defense.

Now, what min.dmg option does on your armor, is lowering that fixed amount of min. damage even further. This works very well with blue defense from dekans for instance. Blue defense will lower that 80 dmg by 25, and you'll only be hit by 55 dmg.
    Adding min.dmg on your armor can effectively negate any incoming dmg down to 0 damage.

Since it's rather easy to hit high defense (armor defense weapons, etc), this is a good option to have on any farmer class. My farmer used to run with 3* min. dmg + 2* -xxx crit damage.

As it does not often happen in pvp that people hit already the minimum amount of damage on you, unless you're fighting lower levels - it is a usueless option in PvP.

It's a misconception that DD is superior in nearly all cases - but I had that AD - DD discussion 4 years ago already filling hundreds of pages..
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

^He has a better explanation :P
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Trust me the amount of testing done thought the years was a lot and every time there is a change most of us have to test some things again but this things haven't been changed since the beginning of the game so its pretty much solid info
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

All damage is lowered by the said % DD except some skills like ffs/dffs and health drain which are only lowered by Skill Defense and except for that do true damage.

- Skill Defense: works for pvp on every skill casted on you and lowest the incomming damage by the said %
    - Damage Drop (Weapon) works for all incomming damage except a few exceptions, named above
    - Min. Damage Drop works like EaglePhoenix described it and is only usefull for PVE
    - Armour Defense works also like EaglePhoenix described it and (for me) is better than dd for some classes/builds. It all depends on your gear, lvl, farm spot etc.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

wow. that was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Baked12345 View Post
    Good thing we had these veterans!! Clap clap!
    you made someone happy.

Thank you very much guys, your're great!

Snipers + EP, I would like to discuss this further in game. Can you PM me a time that you would be available to chat? It can be separately or together, just let me know when.