+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Make a reboot server(take it back old skool)

Hi rohan community,

First I would like to say that rohan is a great game that I really enjoy despite some flaws but no game is perfect. After first playing this game in its early stages when there was just 4 servers, it's hard to believe where it is now. The game was so fun that I just couldnt resist spending money on it because after all, the devs need to make a living lol- plus i enjoyed being able to compete in higher lv pvp and guild wars. I believe it was after the release of some type of crazy OPie weapons that was offered as a one time deal for 20krps was when i quit because I felt like I was forced now to be able to compete. After that point I would stop by now and then to check the status of the game.

Isen was a great idea but of course it was also ruined as we all know.You would think that we learned from the mistake of making a huge gap between the p2w and f2p but sadly no. I mean seriously if you are gonna make a new server, learn from previous errors don't make the same mistake for money. Trust me money will come once the customers are happy.

With that being said, a server stripped back to max lv 99 is my suggestion, literally back to how it all began, that's what we fell in love with.Keep the basics in item mall like costumes E-stones, pres and stuff.

no..................and we all become our money back that we spend? lel worst suggestion

I would play the **** out of a reboot server but its not a good time to make one.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Sadly it's not gonna happen
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    You realize that even when the max level was 99, that epics and upgrades existed, right.

But anyway let's look at what you want and why PWI will never go for it:

1. The actual pre-hero code is gone. It has long ago been consigned to the bit bucket. Why? Because PlayWith is not interested in publishing an obsolete server and client. There is no real money to made from that.

2. Let's for sake of argument assume that PWI DID create a back-level server. How long do you think it would take them to start selling OP goods there and turn your paradise into a lesser version of Jainus or Isen - only without the benefits?

3. Let's face facts: PWI is here to publish its product (Rohan). What software company publishes new versions of their obsolete produc5ts? Do you see Microsoft creating new versions of Windows 7 or are they pushing you hard to upgrade your system to Windows 10? You don't believe me? Try and buy a copy of any windows version other than 10 from Microsoft.

4. I doubt very much that the current Rohan code base can be sufficiently dumbed down to run at a pre-hero state. The folks in North America certainly don't know how to do it and I can guarantee you that the guys in Korea are not in the least motivated to create a dumbed down Rohan just to please a handful of low-spenders.

5. Even in the private server world, pre-hero servers have been tried a dozen times and all of them except for one that I know of has failed in a very short time. In every one the players that had screamed for a capped server had also cried, complained and ragequit when they found their pet classes underpowered at a level they did not like.

6. Playwith does not have a good batting average when it rolls new servers to address the complaints of the vocal view that don't like the mainline server. Tempest, Divinity, Jin, Isen were all rerolls. Granted Tempest / Divinity / Jin were all basically the same server with renames, but they have always had a smaller population than the mainstream servers and in the end wound up getting absorbed/merged anyway because it simply was not cost effective for them to run 2 servers due to lack of total population. How long do you think Isen will live before it is either merged or closed?

Sure a pre-hero, no glacial, no ruler/beze server would be great fun but it just ain't gonna happen. There just is not a big enough payback for creating it without the publishers stepping in and doing to that what they did to all their rerolls.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 01-12-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I'd just like to chime in that it wasn't the epics that initially broke the game, but the crafting system before that.

Epics/upgr. only built up on an already fk'd up game and only made it worse. The anger towards epics was because they were a limited sale - effectively excluding every person who could not obtain such weapon from any competitive PVP plus also due to the fact people with money and no brains, could easily evade the whole "swapping weapons during combat - aka tactical pvp-ing thing" and of course being borderling OP (crit + DD + HP + Melee for instance.. not to mention the retarded AS in addition with hp/mp leech and.. well, you get the jest).
    Although, in the longrun, an epic was still cheaper than actually going through all the gearing levels and the amount of weapons needed per one pvp class..

YNK chose not to handle the issue at all by ignoring all the complaints and pretending they couldn't hear us players. They did not make amends for a solution, not a good one, not a bad one. They just did... nothing.
    When there was finally some word on the issue, the damage was long done.

That aside, crafting is still the core issue, since nearly all crafts add (near) all stats, bossdrops being reinforcable adding (way too much) pure attack forms, etc. etc.

Being lvl 115 wasn't the issue of being 99+. It was the hero skill adding 25% pvp damage - which, of course - does not literally translate into actually being 25% more damage. I thought this game was developed by Asians, but seems these guys missed out on mathematics classes once too often. Eventually followed up by these ingenious geniouses' copy-paste lvl 105 skills, thinking it'd be great to pick a skill from one class and throw it on another, furthermore killing the little class diversity that was still left in the game and increasing the gap between OP chars and ..well, everything else.

Anyway, there have been way too many server rerolls, as PJ described above. There is absolutely zero credibility on PWi's side in terms of new servers. They have messed up each and every one of these servers, their latest being the cherry on top. Not only did the latter fail miserably, it was also a bigger cashgrab than all epics and upgr. sales combined.
    It also went headlong against whatever they advertised for said server.

It is anno 2016, approx. 8 years after its launch.
    It's not going to happen.

I repeat: it's not going to happen.

The above has been edited and re-edited, so it's a bit all over the place - but i'm sure you'll manage, if you've got the basics of the ABC.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 01-12-2016 at 01:44 PM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

idk why they dont open again the event server like they do in 2014, thats a way to atract more players, also Im seeing isen merge with jainus, how? like rohan phili, transfer account , idk everything is possible.
    Vengeance is Always an Option

JustDark server jin (inactive- the most hated DK on server)

Musician, kickboxer,nurse,Bmet, comedian, Rotary International and a Liar..... any doubt? feel free to pm me

I am sure there is a backup of the original rohan client/server files somewhere in playwith hq (or their korean counterpart) nobody throws anything away these days

having said that playwith have taken a different approach its called we-want-you-to-spend-the-next-365-days-killing-mobs. If they release a new old school server now it just ****s the whole game up.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by Baked12345 View Post
    I think the current Rohan is better than before lol
    Yea I totally trust your opinion because you have such a good idea about the rohan before this because you are obviously a veteran player!
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    Yea I totally trust your opinion because you have such a good idea about the rohan before this because you are obviously a veteran player!
    It's only 50proc chance on being either good or bad, anyway.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher