+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

more options on Settings window??

may u add more resolution options to the game ? or make the game client less heavy maybe ppl with old computers could join us if they can change some graphic options that actually MAKE the difference ingame (the current options only works on enviorment) the option to hide players is amazing but thats the only thing that actually work or add a setting botton in the loader so ppl can change their options from outside please think about it

- More Resolution options (if u add 1024x600 i really appreciate it xD)
    - More Graphic Settings to change
    - Tweks on Client to make it less Heavy
    - a Settings Botton in the Loader
    ty for reading my post i'll wait for ur reply

Banned
    You guys have to remember that this game is built on a game engine that was created almost 15 years ago. To update it to newer technology requires them to rewrite the whole game tio run on a new game engine that provides more up to date direct X monitor support. The guys they hired to create that game engine are long gone to work for other game companies so they really have no one to do the porting for them (or the motivation to spend the millions of US $ that porting would consume). The proof of that last is the cluster***k they did integrating the Trinity race into the game.

Sadly what we see here is what we get.

Best thing to hope for in the future is that somebody can locate the file where these client settings are stored. Once we know where the file is and how to open it you can customize the client settings to your desire.

Mind you even with that we would still have the 20 fps cap so rohan is royally screwed.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    We have got quite a few resolution options we did not have before, though.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

The FPS option would help a lot of players in massive pvp situations >.>
    Just saying...
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    The fps cap has been removed in some servers "out there" some time ago. The means they used to do this could not be used here and the staff here are not able to remove it. This is something the guys in Korea would need to handle, if they really cared to do it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    The fps cap has been removed in some servers "out there" some time ago. The means they used to do this could not be used here and the staff here are not able to remove it. This is something the guys in Korea would need to handle, if they really cared to do it at all.
    I meant in the context of editing a config file client side. The 20 fps cap is a server side change and it probably will stay for the maximum compatibility.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    It is a client hack (and I do mean hack with disassembler and binary editor hack) meaning you have to patch the main client executable. It has been done by enterprising folks out there.
    Nothing to do with the server side. Server really doesn't concern itself with ui bits like FPS.

o.o
    Holy hell, everyone told me it was server sided always.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    Nupe. Server has no idea what real hardware is running on a client computer so it can't enforce a framerate limit.
    It can only be driven by the client which has a closer connection to its hardware via directx. The client needs to be patched to ignore limiting fps to half the hardware refresh rate (depending on display refresh standards in your area this could be 20-30 fps).