+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    So basically you download patch and the launcher deletes your custom files then you proceed to replace them and run rohanclient.exe tada?

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    So basically you download patch and the launcher deletes your custom files then you proceed to replace them and run rohanclient.exe tada?
    you are assuming they have a soft config point for the refresh/frame rate lock. I've seen how this thing is coded - by my standards it is pretty sloppy. The geomind engine is a really primitive in-house developed game engine that pretty much fails when compared to the more standardized ones. I doubt very much you will find a config point for that lock. most of the guys I know that changed it hard-patched the .exe file (which triggers all kinds of malware alerts that look for modified .exes).

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    you are assuming they have a soft config point for the refresh/frame rate lock. I've seen how this thing is coded - by my standards it is pretty sloppy. The geomind engine is a really primitive in-house developed game engine that pretty much fails when compared to the more standardized ones. I doubt very much you will find a config point for that lock. most of the guys I know that changed it hard-patched the .exe file (which triggers all kinds of malware alerts that look for modified .exes).

I meant in the context of patching or modifying game files. Doesnt the loader check the parity of all the rohan files?

Obviously the only time you need the loader is to download updates which is why I said you have to re patch the exe after every update?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    I meant in the context of patching or modifying game files. Doesnt the loader check the parity of all the rohan files?

Obviously the only time you need the loader is to download updates which is why I said you have to re patch the exe after every update?
    Everything I have spoken about is not possible in the official irohan world.

In the official Rohan you can't disable the frame/refresh rate lock by binary patching because yes, everything has a MD5 hash associated with it and if a file's calculated hash it does not match the expected hash values, the checked file is re-downloaded by the loader.

This exe or even bin file patching is something that only happens out in the wild. That is why the only way for PWYNKI can turn off this lock wpoould be to do it in a new client .exe (which is sent down via the loader). Unfortunately the guys in North America don't have the ability or mandate to do changes at that level - they have to get their colleagues in Korea to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Everything I have spoken about is not possible in the official irohan world.

In the official Rohan you can't disable the frame/refresh rate lock by binary patching because yes, everything has a MD5 hash associated with it and if a file's calculated hash it does not match the expected hash values, the checked file is re-downloaded by the loader.

This exe or even bin file patching is something that only happens out in the wild. That is why the only way for PWYNKI can turn off this lock wpoould be to do it in a new client .exe (which is sent down via the loader). Unfortunately the guys in North America don't have the ability or mandate to do changes at that level - they have to get their colleagues in Korea to do it.

Why cant you just launch the game via rohanclient.exe?

by using the shortcut trick you can point it to login.playrohan.com&1&US the only problem you will encounter is when an update comes out you will have to use the loader to download it again. (For example my rohan client would crash every time I went to crafting studio just because I forgot to update my client for the costume npc)