+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    My biggest gripe with win10 is the following:

- MS reserves the right to delete any software on your computer (whether or not illegaly obtained, paid for or whatsoever), whenever they deem fit and think it might cause stability issues with their OS. They will also not notify you if they did so and you will just one day be searching through your shortcuts, wondering where that program went to. Ie.: GPU-Z, etc. ..

When complaining about that, they will just point you to the EULA, which you did agree to without even reading.

- After updating, they tend to reset all privacy options you so carefuly and explicitly put in place the first time which, albeit, takes quite a bit of time if you do it thoroughly.

I am not upgrading to win10 anytime soon and am luckily not being reminded of it every other start-up, due to my own placed settings in my current win7. I may update once dx12 is out there and working/supported, and then only after there have been enough win10 privacy/settings workarounds released.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 12-17-2015 at 07:16 AM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post

- MS reserves the right to delete any software on your computer (whether or not illegaly obtained, paid for or whatsoever), whenever they deem fit and think it might cause stability issues with their OS. They will also not notify you if they did so and you will just one day be searching through your shortcuts, wondering where that program went to. Ie.: GPU-Z, etc. ..

When complaining about that, they will just point you to the EULA, which you did agree to without even reading.

- After updating, they tend to reset all privacy options you so carefuly and explicitly put in place the first time which, albeit, takes quite a bit of time if you do it thoroughly.

I am not upgrading to win10 anytime soon and am luckily not being reminded of it every other start-up, due to my own placed settings in my current win7. I may update once dx12 is out there and working/supported, and then only after there have been enough win10 privacy/settings workarounds released.
    Yeah, I've read about that as well and people are really pissed off about it. That's why I won't be upgrading my Win 8 OS anytime soon. Simply put: If it's not broken, don't fix it. If your current OS and setting works for you then save yourself from all the trouble and keep it that way.

Mine as i said all good.Screen shot of all up dates works.Notice the date at the bottom of the screen shot. 12/17/2015.And mine works with the game.Sorry some are having problems with that up date.

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity....Edgar Allan Poe

Date joined May 5 2009 7:29PM

MissCleric lvl 115-Sold

Banned
    Well yeah. So its safe to stay on win 7 or win 8/8.1.. INCA corp are working to get the fix anyways... LOL damn microsoft ahahahahha

Best thing to do: Do not get too excited over Windows operating systems. Ahaha. As long as they are still having support over the old OS(s) you can still stick with it.
    I'm noob and I know it. LOL. SO WHAT?

It works with windows 10 with no problem.Sorry you have updated from windows 7 or 8.1.My computer bought two weeks ago came with windows 10.So yeah sorry about your luck
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity....Edgar Allan Poe

Date joined May 5 2009 7:29PM

MissCleric lvl 115-Sold

This is why I didn't upgrade mine to win10. Hope they'll fix this ASAP.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Question remains, does it need a fix if it's intentional?
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Question remains, does it need a fix if it's intentional?
    If Microsoft gets enough complaints then probably. But so far I've seen them point to the EULA every time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindMansWife View Post
    It works with windows 10 with no problem.Sorry you have updated from windows 7 or 8.1.My computer bought two weeks ago came with windows 10.So yeah sorry about your luck
    But does your "Abour WIndows" show you on build 10582?

Quote Originally Posted by Holmez View Post
    Well yeah. So its safe to stay on win 7 or win 8/8.1.. INCA corp are working to get the fix anyways... LOL damn microsoft ahahahahha
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceinUnderland View Post
    This is why I didn't upgrade mine to win10. Hope they'll fix this ASAP.
    The source of my earlier post is from an article where it seems to be that Microsoft is taking the hard line of forcing the windows 10 update on those with earlier (legal) windows versions. Including tactics like downloading it into a hidden directory on your C drive without permission and sneaking in the install as a part of the usual innocent updates. As I mentioned there are ways around it and if you are using a corporate or cracked Win 7/8/8.1 you'll be left alone.