+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Do not upgrade to windows 10 build 10586

As the title says, gameguard currently doesnt support that build and either those people in INCA inc update their gameguard or wait for the next build. Stay in build 10240 or below 10580.

can seal online run in windows 10? YES IT CAN.
    I am posting this using WIN 10 Home 64 bit. I have confirmed that WIN 10 PRO build 10240 works too. just dont upgrade to build 10586
    Last edited by Holmez; 12-15-2015 at 02:39 PM.

Hahahahaha. Well this is what windows says:

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come

Banned
    owh man i got stressed out of this..

I went to google about that issue. And I've seen that others will have to revert back to windows 8 since there doesn't seem to be a function to revert it back to 10240. Is that true? or you can revert it back without any problems?
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come

I've had no problems with windows 10 build 10580 when playing the server at all.
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity....Edgar Allan Poe

Date joined May 5 2009 7:29PM

MissCleric lvl 115-Sold

Banned
    I went to google about that issue. And I've seen that others will have to revert back to windows 8 since there doesn't seem to be a function to revert it back to 10240. Is that true? or you can revert it back without any problems?
    I havent tried to revert it back cuz i formatted my laptop(which is stupid, i should have tried it). So to answer your question, I am sorry I dont know.There is a function to revert back to last build. Go to settings>updates>advanced.

I've had no problems with windows 10 build 10580 when playing the server at all.
    then you must be the lucky one! i got BSOD with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (dump_wmimmc.sys) something error on GG
    Last edited by Holmez; 12-15-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Banned
    Im sorry guys is 10586

Banned
    Hello,

Gameguard is currently having a compatibility issue with the recent Windows 10 update.
    They are working to fix it, but unfortunately, we just have to wait until it is fixed on their end.

We ask your patience, as we continue to exercise our own.

Thank you,
    GM Cliph
    Seal Online Support Team

Thats the reply form Gm

Quote Originally Posted by Holmez View Post
    I havent tried to revert it back cuz i formatted my laptop(which is stupid, i should have tried it). So to answer your question, I am sorry I dont know.There is a function to revert back to last build. Go to settings>updates>advanced.
    Oh! Tough luck man, well at least you got it working again.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindMansWife View Post
    He's using a build 10586. So I guess 10580 can support the game. but now the really really latest Win 10 update is the one not compatible.

Banned
    Something a little on/off topic...

I was out on ExtremeTech today and found this cute cake analogy of the forced update provision of Microsoft's Windows 10 EULA and the "Get Windows 10" trojan widget they install on windows 7 & 8 machines in their comments to a story:

Eric • 18 hours ago

"I don't get why everyone is bashing MS with Windows 10, I work in IT and I think it is a great OS, steps above 7 and 8."

Because people are different, and where they work is irrelevant.

I don't get why people don't see the EULA as the #1 reason to avoid Windows 10. But as I said, we're all different. Regardless of any technical merit or lack thereof that it offers, I will never accept its EULA. Never.

close • 7 hours ago

Actually they're not even bashing the OS. It's the tactic of bullying people into it that's the problem.

If I offer you cake and you refuse so I show up every day at your door, your window, sleeping on your couch waiting for you to come home and take the cake or even trying to stuff the cake in your face while you sleep you would find it less amusing.

It's a good cake though . You should take it.
    Kevin • 5 hours ago

But if you eat the cake you must agree to also eat all future cake products we make for you (updates and likely future OS releases). We'll be using your car to deliver those goods to everyone in the neighborhood (torrented distribution). We'll also being collecting information about any baked goods you buy elsewhere and how you eat your baked goods. Want to bake your own cake? Just be sure it's not in violation of our cake rights management monitor we've now installed on your oven. Lastly should you not agree to any and all future terms for eating our forced cake regimen, your oven, refrigerator and microwave will be rendered inoperable until you find another baked goods provider. We hope you like pie (linux) because that's pretty much your only option.
    Moral to this story: If you are on win 10, you will get 10580 shoved down your throat whether you want it or not. If you are on a legal copy of windows 7 or 8+, you will at some point hace Windows 10 shoved down your throat whether you want it or not unless you do some tricky stuff to block the "Get Windows 10" annoyware. Damned if you do - damned if you don't.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 12-17-2015 at 07:06 AM.