+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    In addition of the stockpile of facts I said, let's not mention that when people understand (usually within a week) they gotta spend 1000-2000 dollars to reach the players who are maxed out, they insta-leave because you should never invest more than $50-100 in a game for one year (cuz afterall it remain virtual goods).

All the PH guys from the merge left iRohan. You had bunch of them, and they one by one left the game to play on pservers because they couldn't afford anything due to their low monthly salary.
    Last edited by arthurderohan; 11-30-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    Yeah, EP was totally innocent and was super unfairly banned for NO reason at all. ;P He's been a lot better behaved (Which was the point of the warning!), but also a lot quieter afterwards. I'm still waiting for your private messages EP AND PJ! The Evil Tyrant Karazy demands more sacrifices to appease his hatred of all things Rohan. xD Seriously though, you guys have someone literally asking for your input and opinions, and then you complain that nobody listens. Such a fascinating social experience, MMORPG's are!

@arthurderohan I'm pretty sure every guild could KOS me and Karazy would still eat them. :3 Were you there the day I was running amok at Limestone? I killed lots of people. Like, a lot a lot of people. Maybe I should go visit LS again.. ~<3
    Hey, I always behave.
    But, no really - let's be honest; ROHAN 2.3.1.5.4.6.119915 is around the corner (it's in CB in Korea - or so I was told). Can't deny that the population here has been in a (steep) decline, regardless of the dual or even tripple accounts some people have running at the same time (who doesn't??).

Taking into account the many years of skill change and balancing requests, what are the odds of actually receiving such overhaul still? I mean, a serious overhaul - not some hocus-pocus on one skill. How long ago was teleport disabled due to misuse of the skill? AFAIK it has not yet been fixed/replaced.
    You cannot deny that even at the office it is well known that certain classes/builds just don't run anymore. One can clearly see that with the release of (new) Hero skills and (epic/upgraded) weapons, which are solely focussed on certain builds, whilst leaving others overlooked.

The reason I have not PM'd you with any changes, is just the fact that I cannot see any major / gamechanging fixes still happening. We are 2015, not 2010-11. Back then, I'd have still tried.

Actually, we did try - but let's not go there.
    At the moment, I am not playing any MMORPG whatsoever (too busy at work and only playing some singleplayer or co-op game in the free time). So, for me it won't change anything. If anyone feels free to suggest some changes.. I won't stop them.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Yeah, EP was totally innocent and was super unfairly banned for NO reason at all. ;P He's been a lot better behaved (Which was the point of the warning!), but also a lot quieter afterwards. I'm still waiting for your private messages EP AND PJ! The Evil Tyrant Karazy demands more sacrifices to appease his hatred of all things Rohan. xD Seriously though, you guys have someone literally asking for your input and opinions, and then you complain that nobody listens. Such a fascinating social experience, MMORPG's are!

@arthurderohan I'm pretty sure every guild could KOS me and Karazy would still eat them. :3 Were you there the day I was running amok at Limestone? I killed lots of people. Like, a lot a lot of people. Maybe I should go visit LS again.. ~<3
    Sorry bro. I am in the middle of changing residences (time to down-size) so my focus is running in a bazillion directions. I will get my "How to improve R.O.H.A.N. : Blood Feud" book written & off to you as soon as I can focus on it long enough get it done.

And yes, a GM killing event is fun esp if he is wearing a 1000% damage reflect costume on (some early GMs back in 2009 did that one, dared us all to kill him & wound up 1-hitting ourselves - it was a hoot)
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 12-01-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Well Karazy the only way to improve iRohan is in the suggestions corner, full of dust and spider webs. Maybe if your people takes some time to look at it and say hey this is pretty nice ideas to improve the game and implement it then maybe the community will improve other than that we are all too tired to even suggest for this game. Some of us found other games more interesting with better graphics and game play because we got tired of the same empty promises.
    So have a nice day
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Thank you all very much for your replies! I will reply back in kind.

@artherderohan - I am really glad that you put the numbers out like that for people to assess and read. You also explained in detail your thoughts and opinions without feeling the need to be condescending or obnoxious. The #rekt was also pretty funny. Thank you for your post.

@SamTony - I apologize that your crocodile tears did not work on me. xD I'm sure you'll be okay.

@snipers334 - You know I like you. With your well written guide and generally helpful posts, I really appreciate what you bring to the forums, and your input.

@sunnyangel - Another (Sometimes) informative player! I would love to hear more about Rohan's past with your dry humor and sarcastic personality.

@EaglePhoenix - I understand. It takes a special kind of person to want to keep trying when they feel like what they are doing isn't making a difference. I'm really excited about all the new changes coming to the classes! I did not have the chance to experience Rohan like you ( and many of the people I am responding to now!) have, so I can only focus on improving and working on what's ahead of us now! I hope you take the time to check out the class updates. Your input will always be appreciated.

@PenguinJoe - That sounds awesome man! I am so excited to hear about the new chapter in your life! You do you, we will be here when you're done. I've already chatted with you before, and I know you your stuff.

@RBNXD - One of the people I've spoken with as well, and don't worry man, I'm still working hard to improve our play experience! I won't ever stop while I'm here, just like I promised you before. While you have lost your faith, I know you still hang around, so that's a good sign that you care enough to see what's happening, which is great!
    Last edited by GM_Karazy; 12-01-2015 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Spacing~

I just took templars as an example but it also applies to almost all the classes. The problem lies in the values obtained by some players. I always considered every players should be on equal gears to enjoy Rohan. Which is what Atzigan finally understood.

The CV event server, you had everyone with equal gears (absolute set, beze set, opaniels +18 etc) and it had a lot of fun because everything was based on parties, skills and communication. Which is what Rohan is supposed to have his foundation established in.

Let's say a casual player comes playing Rohan. He's going to spend some money, but won't ever be able to reach everything +18. Not only because it requires a lot of money (because of rates are making it now impossible to reach), but also because it's not obtainable by playing/through the game. So he's going to play, and he's going to be wrecked by the ones who spent that much, when they could make everything +18. Where is the fun in that ?

Also, even if new dungeons pulled some new objectives (making transcended weapons), their implementation is ridiculous. 30%dd penetration means you have to get everything +18 in order to reach 400k hp to survive / do decent pvp. KnightsDream hitting my templar lvl108 (heroic 5, 70%dd club, feather +6, 120k hp in total when scrolled with 20% and 10%) for 50k regulars while he isn't even scrolled. Cherish, Tickle, Sanchez do the same. If you can't make your items +18 (and if you can't obtain those absolute sets aswell) there's no point in playing because you can't do anything against those players.

I have several chars 115 (never bothered to go past +1 though because exp'ing takes so much time), I had absolute set (that I sold 16k rps almost one year ago), I have 4 bezemut rings with set effect (which is an exclusive item...), I had opaniel +18 and some feathers +12, and I do believe you can see my charge history so you can pretty much figure I do know what I'm talking about. I had also two rulers on Jin back when they were rare and people were inline to pick it for almost one year (in early 2013) and made two tali clubs +12 while they were of worth more than 99k rps for one.

If you do the effort to let players be on the same ground in term of items without spending a LOT of money (while thinking about balancing aswell), your playerbase will grow again and revenues aswell. If the values still stay the same, population is going to decrease again and again. Lot of players are waiting for another upgrade sale, and they DO need them in order to play against the others players.

To put an image, that's like letting players with a sword fighting against someone with a swiss knife. 1st one going to win each time, 2nd one going to leave. ANother ex in that is the forge/reinforce rates. Some players have their onyx sets +14/+15 while the new players can't even pass +5, and if they're lucky, are going to reach +9 max. That's really dumb...
    Last edited by arthurderohan; 12-01-2015 at 03:46 PM.

I do believe ithimylove<33 going to share some of my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by arthurderohan View Post
    I do believe ithimylove<33 going to share some of my thoughts
    Don't know who that is, but that's great! I always ask to have that stuff sent to me via PM, but they can always post it on the forums as well. I like to have the messages so that I have the information saved, and to be able to give credit where credit is due. You also bring up a very valid point, the struggle between satisfying the new player whilst also engaging the older player. There are so many issues with everything, that it's important to look at things from different perspectives, and why I constantly ask for input from you guys! I mean, it's really simple things.

1) Let's say I want to give away cool stuff to starting players to get into the game. Let's say hypothetically I gave out 400% Growth Seals to new players who make a character this week. What would happen? The players with 50+ accounts ( Yes, there really are people who do this), will just make 50 chars they will never play, to grab Growth Seals for themselves. So what do we do when we want to help the new people, but there are people actively trying to take advantage of situations where we WANT to be generous. What's the next option?

2) People complaining that the prizes in the GM events aren't very good. Well, we had them good, and what happened? I watched a PA where people from the same guild would kill everyone else, and then quit out so that their partner would win. So basically whatever guild gets the most people to the event, then gets a bunch of prizes that will never go towards benefiting our players (What I WANT to do when I give out fun stuff/prizes) but instead rot away in an Alt character's bank where the guy already has 25 stacks of the item just sitting there. What you think is a good solution to that?

I understand that my viewpoint is one that only sees things from the GM perspective of things, and with that knowledge comes the acceptance of the fact that I will need and want input from the people on the other side of the spectrum. I really just want to work together with you guys to come to solutions that keep the company profitable (At the end of the day, this IS a business), but the game fun and the players engaged. Thank you all for your input in those matters.

We could discuss that but I'd need to get in your HQs because that would require

1) experienced player to show stuff ingame
    2) discussions about what is possible and what isn't
    3) giving you the opportunity (not as a GM but as a player to start a char from zero to 115 +50)
    4) have a GM account with unlimited rps so you could figure a lot of stuff in terms of marketing - this is a business and you're not doing it properly because it's way overpriced.

Banned
    Don't know who that is, but that's great! I always ask to have that stuff sent to me via PM, but they can always post it on the forums as well. I like to have the messages so that I have the information saved, and to be able to give credit where credit is due. You also bring up a very valid point, the struggle between satisfying the new player whilst also engaging the older player. There are so many issues with everything, that it's important to look at things from different perspectives, and why I constantly ask for input from you guys! I mean, it's really simple things.

1) Let's say I want to give away cool stuff to starting players to get into the game. Let's say hypothetically I gave out 400% Growth Seals to new players who make a character this week. What would happen? The players with 50+ accounts ( Yes, there really are people who do this), will just make 50 chars they will never play, to grab Growth Seals for themselves. So what do we do when we want to help the new people, but there are people actively trying to take advantage of situations where we WANT to be generous. What's the next option?

2) People complaining that the prizes in the GM events aren't very good. Well, we had them good, and what happened? I watched a PA where people from the same guild would kill everyone else, and then quit out so that their partner would win. So basically whatever guild gets the most people to the event, then gets a bunch of prizes that will never go towards benefiting our players (What I WANT to do when I give out fun stuff/prizes) but instead rot away in an Alt character's bank where the guy already has 25 stacks of the item just sitting there. What you think is a good solution to that?

I understand that my viewpoint is one that only sees things from the GM perspective of things, and with that knowledge comes the acceptance of the fact that I will need and want input from the people on the other side of the spectrum. I really just want to work together with you guys to come to solutions that keep the company profitable (At the end of the day, this IS a business), but the game fun and the players engaged. Thank you all for your input in those matters.
    I got around to responding to your PM (finally).
    Had to break it up into 2 resonse because it is WAY tl;dr.
    Let me know if you want to follow up on any of it.