+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Getting People to play rohan again

Dear rohan staff during the last few years you have lost really allot of players
    and im sorry to say but 70% of it is due to your greed in events
    making your game pay to win with all the events like walter and talisman
    the thing is that the events you guys come up with are awesome events
    accept the paying over 100$ to get the item players want ruin it for 90%

let me suggest some ways to get people intrested in rohan again...
    clean events fair for everyone..

[example]
    lets say we make a (Kings Talisman event)

an npc is placed with items you can buy with chrone
    King scroll level 0 [5kk] chrone
    King stone [2,5kk] chrone

from lvl 1-6 you dont need an extra
    every scroll from level +5 to +7 wont be deleted
    from level 6 - 7 you need to buy an extra item like ars +6

lvl 1 - +5 all stats
    lvl 2 - +10 all stats
    lvl 3 - +15 all stats
    lvl 4 - +20 all stats
    lvl 5 - +25 all stats
    lvl 6 - +30 all stats
    lvl 7 - +50 all stats

and dont make the succes rate stupid low , make it like 40%
    because its real money that i am spending and getting the result in 2/3 times is good enough instead of spending 100$ and having the feeling that im being ripped off

why is this event fair because it leaves it optional to spend money for the final +20 and it dousnt make your oponent overpowered and the player can still get a good item with ingame chrone and feel good

there wil be people wanting the max so its win win
    players wil be happy and so wil you with your earnings
    make it more acceseble for people in general to have good stuff
    instead of making people pay allot and feel ripped off

and another thing that people love is questing to level up
    your basic quests give way to low exp for people to enjoy them
    instead of brainless farming with an hk people want to be challenged
    base your game a bit more on quests and collecting items for npc's

the only quest ppl do is elemental dungeons and ses quests
    it would be wise to give people 15% of level per quests instead of 2%
    and make the quest lines a bit more interesting instead of only killing quests
    make them visit cities to pick up stuff and kill small bosses with party quests
    wich would give 30% if they complete it
    the game would become way more interesting that way and people would appreciate the game play allot more then they do now , i think your player base would go up again because its refreshing and new

you're wasting your time. GMs already have a pile of 700 if not more suggestions in their list.

First of one of them is doing their monthly upgrade sale as everyone is requesting.
    Second of them is lowering their prices on IM since everything increased by 200 to 1k or more rps (causing more ppl to leave)
    Third of them is restoring old ran's rates.

this game has too much barrier of entry to get new people to play.

To fix that problem you have to remake the entire game a la rohan 2 or old school rohan and obviously learn from the mistakes that killed this game in the 1st place.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    this game has too much barrier of entry to get new people to play.

To fix that problem you have to remake the entire game a la rohan 2 or old school rohan and obviously learn from the mistakes that killed this game in the 1st place.
    They restarted quite a few servers............. and it appears they didn't learn anything from their mistakes lol. This whole franchise is beyond help, as most people who play it already know
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwattybollox View Post
    They restarted quite a few servers............. and it appears they didn't learn anything from their mistakes lol. This whole franchise is beyond help, as most people who play it already know
    Wrong approach I mean an entire new version of the game that doesnt have 1/2 of the overpowered **** in the system. Its like it never existed.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Yeah but the same company running things.............
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

~ Martin Niemöller

Lets face it - they screwed up when they released Epic weapons. Instead of making things right they came up with a win an epic lottery. Then came upgrades. They sold x2 parts and waited months after that to sell the remaining two parts. After that any new players had no (legal under EULA) options to obtain an upgrade, other than to spend 99,000 rps, as they stopped selling them and stated they wouldn't sell them again. After a few years came enhanced boss drops and then another upgrade sale............. and then another upgrade sale.
    There are plenty of other things that I've left out.

I don't think that I could trust them not to screw up another game if they put one out.

(The barrier to new players thing hahaha........... I've played some games that require money to be spent - but seriously - You can spend well over $1000 on this game and still be a non-factor - thats just taking the piss - whos gonna play once they find that out?)

~ Martin Niemöller

cmon its free to play game.

i do believe the original rohan (that came out in 2008 until 2010) was really "free to play". Management screwed it out and since GM irene is here, every player says the management got even worse. Prices increased, everything you buy has like 90% chance of being money lost, and playerbase went down again.

In 2012 you had ton of peole, now you're lucky if there's more than 30 people on summon events.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast