+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Commoner
    The only thing wrong with shields is upgrades are OP. You could go play on Isen and escape the stupidity of upgrades.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    The only thing wrong with shields is upgrades are OP. You could go play on Isen and escape the stupidity of upgrades.
    Yes, because chimera's and all that jazz are so much better.

Owait.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Commoner
    They're like half the stats of an upgrade and don't get the massive hp bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    Offhand stats nerf upgrades are not that good. Notice how the only way to get 100% dd is with an axe? because even 74% dd upgrade dagger isnt enough with only a 74% dd mainhand. A lot of ppl underestimate the power of a shield def. A good shield def is the 2nd best thing to turn the tides of pvp the st obviously being an even better avenger.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Isn't dd getting cap at 70%?

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Isn't dd getting cap at 70%?
    idk O: if my upg dagger wasnt 69% i would be PISSED! hahaha

Assuming sniper's summary is correct. It's an estimated value of 70%, though.
    When it'll be implemented, remains a mistery though. Would be slightly silly one could reach the cap with main hand, so offhand won't matter at all.. (DD wise).

Quote Originally Posted by bloodybladez3 View Post
    It's the law of supply and demand at play. If demand is high for goods, then the producers will take advantage by raising the prices of those goods. They will raise the prices higher and higher until it negatively affects their profits. YOU might not be willing to pay extremely high prices, but the people at the top are. Once they spend, the people who spend less than them are less valuable economically. Think about it. If you have 2,000 people paying you 25$ for a product, and 100 who are willing to pay 10$ for it, what price will you sell your products for?

YOU might decide to be nice and sell it for 10$ each, even though you are missing out on more money... but YNK/PW won't. In their eyes, your group of people is less valuable because you give them less money. Their main goal is not to make YOU happy, but to make the big spenders happy. It's all about the money. That's what it's all about. In my opinion, they are making bad choices. Not only are they sickeningly greedy in my eyes, but they are missing out on more potential profit. If they lowered their prices, they could be raking in more money.

At the moment, there are just a few big spenders. They used to have lots of small spenders, but I believe that they gave YNK more money than what they get now. Look at the old Xor Rohan. The developers had low prices, but this gave them a huge playerbase that did spend something. They say that the developers were often on vacation, drunk, partying, etc. I wouldn't say it's too much of a stretch when you do the math. Let's say you had 400 players who spend 15$, 200 who spend 30$, and 75 who spend 50$. That's $15,000 about every 2-3 months... YNK probably made more than this, but they definitely lost some after they release epics. They got a quick spike in profit at that moment, but it had to have fell in the following months due to mass quitting.

TL;DR: They are a business whose sole goal is to maximize profit. Your happiness is marginalized.If you are not a big spender, they don't see you as valuable.
    Funny how i come to check on this game from time to time.. Just hoping one day they will admit their mistakes and, like someone already said around here, remake the entire game, and still, some of you see logic in the developers actions.

Most of the player base today showed up pos-epic's, therefore, they never knew the game pre-epics, pre-server merges, and all that. And when i say most, i really mean like 90% or more, at least so it seems, because people dont seem to have knowledge of how the game was before, thats the only explanation i find when i see someone finding logic on what happened.

Belive me, epic's were the biggest flop ever on Rohan. You make the math on how much they earned based on numbers way too low to understand how much they lost. Pre-epic's we were talking about a game with around 30k-50k player base, no joke. There were 5 servers each between 5k-10k players. How many do you think they have to today? 5k? 10k if we want to stretch it a litle?

When was the last time you saw 300 players fishing in this game? And i really do mean fishing, not just sitting around down there doing nothing! Or 300 in Ahkma? I was on Marea and i still remember waiting 10 min on the Montt bindstone waiting to see what was around me because there was so many people there the game took 10 min to load everyone. At any given time you would enter the game and there was at least 3k-5k people playing it on each server.

And pretty much everyone spent some money on the game, forge rates were lower, chances of getting max stats gear was lower, griding for xp was harder, if you showed up with a scroll you were a God!

And the best part of all this... You Could Not Pay To Win! IM items were there too help you but not to give you an advantage. And yes, they didnt make that much money from IM, but they made huge amounts of it on EM, because dont forget, they take 10% fee from all the transactions!

When epic's came out the game just crashed. Every small time player who wasnt willing to spend 50$ a month or more, bailed out. No one wants to level for who knows how much long a full vit DK to lvl 80's with good gear (remember, max back then was lvl99), to see it get 2 shot by a Templar, or 1 shot by another vit DK.

Max FFS was like 12k at that time, with end game gear+buffs+IM scrolls, (full Bedron set with high hp, 4 hearts of igleseit, max hp muitaks with vit enchantment and high vit acc's, hp scroll, alm7, dragon 7, the works... You get the point!). After epic's... Dont really remember but it tripled or something.. 30k FFS! It was absurd!

Epic's were a mistake, problem was they didnt stop there, they kept making more and more mistakes! If they had stoped at the epics, they would still have and amazing game today with a huge player base.

Well, that was the day Rohan died... Everything they tried to make it better since then, just made it worse, and pushed even more people away. So, like i said in the beggining, waiting for a whole new Rohan game, because this one, its a lost cause.

And btw, owner of a lvl7x Ranger, lvl 9x DK and lvl 1xx Warlock, all leveled without those new Hunters kit or whatever, or without quests after lvl60 or something, because quests ended at that level before.

Till next year!

all of the above is 100% wrong.

1: Pre epics costed more than epics did. The only difference is it came from other players and yngay ****ing you on the pres luck. I remember selling UNFORGED PARTS for upwards of 12-14k rps. Get a 14% melee silver wing rod? you hit the jackpot that was 18k rps on syrephis.

2: Game has always been pay to win. All depends on your definition of winning. Back then everyone had ****ty stats and died fast so obviously you had somewhat of a chance to kill a better player. But the definition of better is still there and the guy with the highest number is the best so yeah game has always been pay to win.

Epics did make the game fun I wish there was a way to have epic stats AND make it so the average joe or average complainer as I call them can earn one ohwait I suggested that 64654354 times yngay werent listening.

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Epics did make the game fun I wish there was a way to have epic stats AND make it so the average joe or average complainer as I call them can earn one ohwait I suggested that 64654354 times yngay werent listening.
    loool, I just remember you suggesting a server merge, and new upgrades that were weaker then the old ones so you could be better then everyone who had no shot at getting something as good....but it turns out new upgrades were stronger then old ones so now you whine about new upgrades.