+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by svemoguca View Post
    Yes, but somehow I learned a lot from this game. It has a special place in my heart. Every time I see bad things happen here I'm sad.
    So I can't just walk away.

It's because it was my first game and I felt the good spirit of the creators, team of enthusiasts and artists, visionaries who decided to give the world, literally all the world something for free, and something beautiful. This game, after so much time still does not look cheap and amateur project.
    The ability to communicate and share this imaginary world with others was awesome. My normal "skills" to dress up and put a smile did not work here, because you have be good, not to look good here.
    When I walked the ancient temple of Delphi in Greece, my friend said: Oh, it's just a pile of stones lol. But for me it was not. It reminded me how awesome creatures we all are, how our spirit is limitless. We're born to achieve things we never imagined we could.

I feel this terrible culture shock here. The owners just treat players as consumers. Is a human being consumer only?
    I can't just walk away
    It's the law of supply and demand at play. If demand is high for goods, then the producers will take advantage by raising the prices of those goods. They will raise the prices higher and higher until it negatively affects their profits. YOU might not be willing to pay extremely high prices, but the people at the top are. Once they spend, the people who spend less than them are less valuable economically. Think about it. If you have 2,000 people paying you 25$ for a product, and 100 who are willing to pay 10$ for it, what price will you sell your products for?

YOU might decide to be nice and sell it for 10$ each, even though you are missing out on more money... but YNK/PW won't. In their eyes, your group of people is less valuable because you give them less money. Their main goal is not to make YOU happy, but to make the big spenders happy. It's all about the money. That's what it's all about. In my opinion, they are making bad choices. Not only are they sickeningly greedy in my eyes, but they are missing out on more potential profit. If they lowered their prices, they could be raking in more money.

At the moment, there are just a few big spenders. They used to have lots of small spenders, but I believe that they gave YNK more money than what they get now. Look at the old Xor Rohan. The developers had low prices, but this gave them a huge playerbase that did spend something. They say that the developers were often on vacation, drunk, partying, etc. I wouldn't say it's too much of a stretch when you do the math. Let's say you had 400 players who spend 15$, 200 who spend 30$, and 75 who spend 50$. That's $15,000 about every 2-3 months... YNK probably made more than this, but they definitely lost some after they release epics. They got a quick spike in profit at that moment, but it had to have fell in the following months due to mass quitting.

TL;DR: They are a business whose sole goal is to maximize profit. Your happiness is marginalized.If you are not a big spender, they don't see you as valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    The people that have invested so much time and energy on Jainus/Isen deserve more than that.
    Very good opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodybladez3 View Post
    It's the law of supply and demand at play.

YOU might decide to be nice and sell it for 10$ each... Their main goal is not to make YOU happy, but to make the big spenders happy. It's all about the money. In my opinion, they are making bad choices. Not only are they sickeningly greedy in my eyes, but they are missing out on more potential profit. ...

TL;DR: They are a business whose sole goal is to maximize profit. Your happiness is marginalized.If you are not a big spender, they don't see you as valuable.
    I totally agree with you.
    it's so obvious, although paradoxical, that when you go into business thinking only about profits, and if you see people/persons as spenders, do you see where it takes you? Your consumers hate you in the end and you fall.
    Last edited by svemoguca; 12-13-2015 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Wanted to make it short

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    But hey, we're getting off topic here.

Anyone care to discuss guardians vs defenders (str builds) with these new changes?
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    But hey, we're getting off topic here.

Anyone care to discuss guardians vs defenders (str builds) with these new changes?
    Topic is: Getting people to play Rohan again

They started new, positive changes. So, I hope this input to concentrate on the idea and vision of a free game etc. etc. is sticking to the point. I shared my idea how I see the game to make easier to gms, to move on and forget about the past.
    And don't show me that chain again plz, let's go up to the fresh air

Some people here talk like they know everything about business.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinUnderland View Post
    Some people here talk like they know everything about business.
    YNK Korea is responsible for major game changes, skill changes and what not else. Basically, what we are getting is just because Korea felt like it or they finally got to translating their huge pile of paper on their desks.
    YNK inc. handled the IM, publicity, global server(s), EM and the general flow of things (events, etc).

Balancing the game happens on both these fronts. Korea lacked behind majorly and never listened to the demands of us global players. The Korean market is a huge difference between the Western side.
    The two times they finally heard part of our prayers, was the removal of staff-buffing templars and the change of some scout and giant skills.

Evidently, it also came with the introduction of the Hero skills which both neglected any game balancing as well as neglecting any class builds other than the already mainstream cookie-butter ones.

YNK inc., however, could have put a patch on the sore wound, but instead chose to inflate the already unbalanced game even further by their IM sales and retarded event prizes. They did not learn from their mistake the first time (first Epic sale), the second time (server merge), past that the upgr. sales., thereafter the following server merge, the release of new server (Divinity..Jin..) ... their near last hope and the straw for most others was the release of the Isenserver.

The promises made there and then got quite a lot of players back into the game. The idea of a crone based server with basic IM needs - sounded very good. I, myself, reckon a monthly fee of 10-15 dollars well within reasonable bounds. However, Isen turned out to be a lot worse than all their mistakes combined together. Then again, they missed many opportunities for both new server and server re-rolls (epic sales for one thing..)

Now we have these new class balances. They're not too shabby to be honest, but the IM is still totally messed up and the game is currently filled with OP stuff it is hard for anyone to start anew.

We can all come to the consensus that epic/upgr. will never be rid off..
    Actually, the whole idea behind chimera's wasn't too bad. Of course, they should've never been introduced - but to go along with the epics and all that jazz.. Besides, it could have made crafting a lot more interesting. Yet, instead it was handled as the new cash cow and made both OP, expensive and beyond retardation. Up till this day, they still neglect to put an AD spirit on sale (for obvious reasons) and the fact that you have to spend so much on a monthly basis to maintain but one character is beyond ridicule.
    My moment I said "this is it" for real (other than couple quits beforehand), was me buying spiritstones with cash and still failing them on equipment. Seriously?

So, OK.
    Website looking good: nice.
    Class changes: not bad.
    Who's playing, though? Those that are, are either on HK afking or flaming each other from their opposing bindstones.

Oh, also, don't get me started on HK's.
    If anything they insisted on introducing that crp - it should've been for lvls 101+ where the grind is beyond ridicule anyway. The grind is so slow, the economy went batcrazy. Moneysinks, anyone?
    At low level it's near impossible to maintain a character, at higher level you don't know what to spend the money on anymore..

But hey, +1 for class balancing future. Will there be attention for str/int/sepa dekans? I'm kind of fed up with the whole VIT builds.
    Would also love to go back to the old days of (near) full int/psy warlocks/wizards.

Now, anyone care to discuss guard and defender? STR defender has always been a viable option, reckon it gets the edge over guardians now, tho?
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 12-13-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

They dont get the edge because defenders have to use a shield to be decent whereas a guardian has dual wield master race. Bless shield needs more block rate AND bonus str (since it can only be used by humans using a shield) That way defenders can go ham after using that 12 second aoe root 115 skill.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

I did use a shield on my guardian, tho (oldschool weapon swapping). Granted, not for bless shield - but then again, if it gave extra str.. any guardian would do so, I reckon.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 12-13-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    I did use a shield on my guardian, tho (oldschool weapon swapping). Granted, not for bless shield - but then again, if it gave extra str.. any guardian would do so, I reckon.
    Weapon + Shield wouldnt make guard stronger because str not as good as melee attack %. The point is most of defenders skills require a shield (Burden, Whirlwind, Shield push, 115 skill etc.) whereas a guardian only has access to 1 skill with a shield (shield stun on knight tree) and you dont need to shield switch any more because stunner is strong a f.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461