+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    you there doggy

Quote Originally Posted by pagabin View Post
    no its not 800% ive tested it. If youre running 400 pt and pop a 400 solo theres fk all difference.
    -________- see? This is what I mean haha...... everyone says the same thing, and everyone says they have tested it. What is going on here. Okay, so if this is what you claim, do you know why they would list both scrolls in the "EXP Boost List" (SP) window?

ive tested it too.....it's not 800% ...they list it in SP bcos its kinda like hong kong...all them pretty lights that mean nothing o O

listen to this ur exp goes faster doggy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJMTVD9rHDQ

//// \\\\ //// \\\\

quick hes in kala

1. Does a solo scroll work ONLY when character is not in a party? Or does it also work when in a party? Example: There are 3 characters in a party with NO party scroll. One character pops a solo scroll. Will that individual get an experience from the solo scroll?
    Yes, a solo scroll works when you are in a party but also when you are solo, in both cases it boosts your gained xp.

2. If character A pops a party scroll, can character B pop a solo scroll and make them add (stack)? Or character A pops both a party and solo scroll, will they stack?
    You will receive Party XP and Solo XP if you are person A or B It's the same thing, I'm however not sure how this adds up. Most things in rohan are based on a set base line and added % only give you more depending on your base, not on the accumulated amount.

Example: you get 10 xp per mob, you have a 100% xp solo scroll and a 100% party scroll on. Do you get 30 or 40 xp per mob? My assumption is (you can probably calculate it by testing it but I'm too lazy) that you get 30 xp, 100% (10 xp) from the solo scroll and 100% (10 xp) from the party scroll and 10 base xp. Total XP = Base xp + (base times % increase solo scroll) + (Base times % increase party scroll)+(Base times % increase party seal)+.....and so on....

3. Does a party scroll work even when character is soloing? Or must there be 2 or more people in a party for that scroll to take effect?
    NO, you have to be in a party to receive xp from that scroll
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    1. Does a solo scroll work ONLY when character is not in a party? Or does it also work when in a party? Example: There are 3 characters in a party with NO party scroll. One character pops a solo scroll. Will that individual get an experience from the solo scroll?
    Yes, a solo scroll works when you are in a party but also when you are solo, in both cases it boosts your gained xp.

2. If character A pops a party scroll, can character B pop a solo scroll and make them add (stack)? Or character A pops both a party and solo scroll, will they stack?
    You will receive Party XP and Solo XP if you are person A or B It's the same thing, I'm however not sure how this adds up. Most things in rohan are based on a set base line and added % only give you more depending on your base, not on the accumulated amount.

Example: you get 10 xp per mob, you have a 100% xp solo scroll and a 100% party scroll on. Do you get 30 or 40 xp per mob? My assumption is (you can probably calculate it by testing it but I'm too lazy) that you get 30 xp, 100% (10 xp) from the solo scroll and 100% (10 xp) from the party scroll and 10 base xp. Total XP = Base xp + (base times % increase solo scroll) + (Base times % increase party scroll)+(Base times % increase party seal)+.....and so on....

3. Does a party scroll work even when character is soloing? Or must there be 2 or more people in a party for that scroll to take effect?
    NO, you have to be in a party to receive xp from that scroll
    Thanks for your detailed response, Sinper. This is in fact, how I have believed it to be all these years, until some other experienced players told me that it didn't work that way. I tried to experiment myself, but I don't know if I'm bad at noticing differences, but I could not see any differences (except for having a scroll and not having one).

But I do feel compelled to ask you how you know this to be true (Question #2). Is it because just like me, most people told you this to be the case? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by C0rndog; 11-20-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C0rndog View Post
    Thanks for your detailed response, Sinper. This is in fact, how I have believed it to be all these years, until some other experienced players told me that it didn't work that way. I tried to experiment myself, but I don't know if I'm bad at noticing differences, but I could not see any differences (except for having a scroll and not having one).

But I do feel compelled to ask you how you know this to be true (Question #2). Is it because just like me, most people told you this to be the case? Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure about how the XP adds up, like I said in my previous post lol. I know for a fact that with many things (for example buffs) do not accumulate. Le't's take dex bufs, if you have 1k dex and you cast alacrity blow (lvl 7 25%) and nimble (lvl 7 30%) you get 1k + 250 + 300 = 1550 dex as total. Accumulating would mean the 30% nimble would be taken from 1250 dex and if you'd add quickness next (40% dex at lvl 7) youd add 40% of 1625 on top of that. This would result in insanely inflated stats so you can only ever boost your stats from their base (reason why for example lvl 7 magical talisman with 200 (stat) or abso set +12 is so OP because its a plain stat that adds to your base.

Because most things are arranged like that I assume it's the same with XP, if you could accumulate xp with 400% party 400% solo scroll 400% party seal and 400% solo seal, that would give INSANE xp. This way PWI would never make enough money of everyone buying seals and stuff so they only increase xp from the base xp. Since the thing I'm certain about is that PWI is a bunch of money hording freaks, I deem my theory quite plausible but not proven :P
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    I'm not sure about how the XP adds up, like I said in my previous post lol. I know for a fact that with many things (for example buffs) do not accumulate. Le't's take dex bufs, if you have 1k dex and you cast alacrity blow (lvl 7 25%) and nimble (lvl 7 30%) you get 1k + 250 + 300 = 1550 dex as total. Accumulating would mean the 30% nimble would be taken from 1250 dex and if you'd add quickness next (40% dex at lvl 7) youd add 40% of 1625 on top of that. This would result in insanely inflated stats so you can only ever boost your stats from their base (reason why for example lvl 7 magical talisman with 200 (stat) or abso set +12 is so OP because its a plain stat that adds to your base.

Because most things are arranged like that I assume it's the same with XP, if you could accumulate xp with 400% party 400% solo scroll 400% party seal and 400% solo seal, that would give INSANE xp. This way PWI would never make enough money of everyone buying seals and stuff so they only increase xp from the base xp. Since the thing I'm certain about is that PWI is a bunch of money hording freaks, I deem my theory quite plausible but not proven :P
    Although these are your assumptions, they are based off sound logic and I see what you mean. And as long as they do add in some way, even if it's based off base exp, that would be enough reason for me to use all the scrolls I can at the same time. As long as they make some kind of difference, you know? Thanks for elaborating on what you were trying to say.

So the only way to test it out is to make 2 noob chars, pop harmony seal scroll, and pop on one of the chars growth seal scroll, and watch who will lvl up faster
    Too many secrets are locked inside your minds, but you're all equal in life, equal in love.

Origin - Delish (Templar)
    Origin - Maestro (priest)
    Origin - Vendigo (Wizard)

I am guildless HOHOHO (jainus)

I remember 2-4 lvling characters at the same time, some with solo scrolls on some without solo scrolls (they were all the same lvl) and they did not gain xp equally, ones with solo scrolls (whilst being in the party) gained more xp than the ones without. How much extra they gained, I dont know but you do get more using solo scrolls/seals while in a party.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster