+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    Salty Saltin much? xD We were giving out 1x of prizes for a while, you know that. We then began giving out the 25x as an experiment, but the experiment is now over. I'm doing a restoration for a guy with 25!!!!!!! stacks of these items. That isn't right. People are just hoarding them and not actually using them. I am wanting to give out items to players who are actually going to use them and enjoy them. Hence the introduction of the IP system, but hey, we're just being super greedy right? xD Anyways, I am exploring the options we have on prizes. If it were up to me, I would be giving out WAY more exciting prizes, the issue with that of course are the players who try to take advantage. If you want to blame anyone for as to why we are switching back to 1x, blame the people who participate in the event only to win the items, put them on an alt, and then save them for later, possibly never.

I am still playing around with the prizes and rewards available but I want you to think about it this way. Before my experiment, we were giving out 1x to 30 different players, so that's 30. We THEN switched from giving out 1x to 25x. So the number we were used to gifting our players basically went 25x what we used to do. So we went from giving away 30x of an item to 750x of an item! I was HOPING that it would promote more player interest in the events that we host, however the case ended up being players became more focused on the items than the actual event. That is not the result I am trying to cultivate. I want people to play the events because they are fun, with the prizes being kind of extra incentive to play well. You can expect shifts in the prize pool in the future, but for now general player behavior has shown us that we can't just be giving away items all willy-nilly.
    Karazy we talk a lot, and I can see your point of view obviously as a GM. I GM'd for retail Lineage 2 for many years. But as a player you would find little things like this ANNOY the small population that is left. That's all I'm saying. People are hoarding them because of the WAY YNK is and they KNOW YNK going to take it away at any moment. And what did they do? Take it away. I'm waiting for the Daily Rewards to be deactivated too. Which is another thing that is keeping a lot of players with minimal income playing the game the way Rohanopoly USED to do. Trust me I can promise you you will never understand the players point of view until you're an actual player. People enjoy the stacks of x25, it's fun to be able to use them in PVP without WORRYING when you're going to run out. Hell, with the new strong mobs in dungeon it even helps with pve too. Now that little bit of convenience is gone. My suggestion = put them back. But will any GM listen? No.

Salty Saltin much? xD We were giving out 1x of prizes for a while, you know that. We then began giving out the 25x as an experiment, but the experiment is now over. I'm doing a restoration for a guy with 25!!!!!!! stacks of these items. That isn't right. People are just hoarding them and not actually using them. I am wanting to give out items to players who are actually going to use them and enjoy them. Hence the introduction of the IP system, but hey, we're just being super greedy right? xD Anyways, I am exploring the options we have on prizes. If it were up to me, I would be giving out WAY more exciting prizes, the issue with that of course are the players who try to take advantage. If you want to blame anyone for as to why we are switching back to 1x, blame the people who participate in the event only to win the items, put them on an alt, and then save them for later, possibly never.

I am still playing around with the prizes and rewards available but I want you to think about it this way. Before my experiment, we were giving out 1x to 30 different players, so that's 30. We THEN switched from giving out 1x to 25x. So the number we were used to gifting our players basically went 25x what we used to do. So we went from giving away 30x of an item to 750x of an item! I was HOPING that it would promote more player interest in the events that we host, however the case ended up being players became more focused on the items than the actual event. That is not the result I am trying to cultivate. I want people to play the events because they are fun, with the prizes being kind of extra incentive to play well. You can expect shifts in the prize pool in the future, but for now general player behavior has shown us that we can't just be giving away items all willy-nilly.

w.e. only more people will leave, especially any new players that need the scrolls to get started on the servers. If anything this really hurts any potential new players the most and will be more likely to leave ROHAN altogether.

Karazy sorry but players don't join Your events cuz we don't have any chance to win most of them. So make events for All from lvl 1-165 witch same chances and not only for those with 4x upg and +18s everything.
    I will never win in pvp / boss event so idc about x1 or x500 scrolls.
    This is rohan true problem now, thats why not many from "fresh blood" want to stay longer in game. Gap between free and pay2win is 2big.

@GadFlly1
    sry but those fresh players don't have a chance to win those scrolls anyway, new players quit cuz they have no chances vs pay2win ones thats all, scrolled or not still 0chances.
    Last edited by michal211; 10-13-2015 at 08:06 PM.

U know that this game is pay2win so dont complain much more about that. Quit game. YNK will release more upg-weapons, armors,rings.... to get $ from you. However, the service and the purposes are different : they dont listen to players, they care less than before they did. That is why ppl dont want to play this game. END of game.

Regards GM Karazy

Maybe you should come join LMS event, After you join once you will understand everything
    Come join once and don't let anyone know that is you
    And use your GM power make your secret character (for come join and test on LMS event) max out of everything
    Make your character to 115+50
    Make your weapon to 73-74 (max dd)
    Make all your accessory to +18
    Put Medal+7, Put Magical INT/STR+7 (depend what class you will play)
    Put all talisman to your character too (Improve General Talisman, Gold Trophy, Token)
    Use costume + scroll

So now you MAX of everything and ready for LMS event, Join and see by yourself if you have chance to win or not ?

I can tell you, you still have no chance to win event

The winner and winner prize is LOCKED by big guild only
    If you not believe me try open history of LMS winner (3 years ago until now)
    Winner and winner prize stay in big guild only

People in big guild used raidcall / skype / ventrilo for calling target (they are teamwork), They wipe out everyone until only guildies left and share winner and winner prize to guildies

That why sometime you see vit priest, vit defender won the event

Other people not in big guild have no chance to win event, What they can do is just join LMS event for participant prize

They are just collect ALM scroll for use later (not they fault), People can't play 24/7 because of work, school, university, sleep, etc.

Participant prize is helpful on warehouse dungeon, mirror dungeon, element dungeon stage10+, ash keena dungeon, power arena, survival arena, grind, farm, pvp

Come join LMS event just once please and you will understand everything

Quote Originally Posted by NoobDealer View Post
    Participant prize is helpful on warehouse dungeon, mirror dungeon, element dungeon stage10+, ash keena dungeon, power arena, survival arena, grind, farm, pvp
    This.

I know of many players that dont spend alot of cash in game that do go to LMS just to get the scrolls so they can use in warehouse/ Mirrors so they can have a better chance of surviving the pve. These places are alrdy tough enough on the average player. Take away what little help they do get and what chance do they stand? Once their stock pile of scrolls has ran out, what will they do then? These scrolls help out alot more than some would think.

Its not about "greed" for every player. Some people do rely on these items to help them get by.

But well, the change has been made. Just gotta suck it up now ><

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

But most of them are playing that even for the reward not the fun as you said.
    At this point i can only say that it were a good decision changing this.
    In The Bloody Dawn , I Will Wash My Soul To Call The Spirit Of Vengeance , To Deny My Wisdom For My Anger , To Break The Scream Of The Silent Fool , To Be A KnightRider Of A Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobDealer View Post
    Regards GM Karazy

Maybe you should come join LMS event, After you join once you will understand everything
    Come join once and don't let anyone know that is you
    And use your GM power make your secret character (for come join and test on LMS event) max out of everything
    Make your character to 115+50
    Make your weapon to 73-74 (max dd)
    Make all your accessory to +18
    Put Medal+7, Put Magical INT/STR+7 (depend what class you will play)
    Put all talisman to your character too (Improve General Talisman, Gold Trophy, Token)
    Use costume + scroll

So now you MAX of everything and ready for LMS event, Join and see by yourself if you have chance to win or not ?

I can tell you, you still have no chance to win event

The winner and winner prize is LOCKED by big guild only
    If you not believe me try open history of LMS winner (3 years ago until now)
    Winner and winner prize stay in big guild only

People in big guild used raidcall / skype / ventrilo for calling target (they are teamwork), They wipe out everyone until only guildies left and share winner and winner prize to guildies

That why sometime you see vit priest, vit defender won the event

Other people not in big guild have no chance to win event, What they can do is just join LMS event for participant prize

They are just collect ALM scroll for use later (not they fault), People can't play 24/7 because of work, school, university, sleep, etc.

Come join LMS event just once please and you will understand everything
    100% TRUE.
    @GM Karazy try playing LMS event's you will see that the event is locked and winners are already "DECIDED", its a cooked EVENT made for big GUILDs. You want us to enjoy the PVP and LMS style? How bout making the LMS Event like a "SURVIVAL ARENA" wherein

1. Players dont see each others name so they won't know who they are helping or hitting each other.
    2. Guild chat is off so no one would be able to communicate who they are hitting.

Solution: character can join the event only once a week, it is not that hard to record the participants and later check if they were in event that week already.

Banned
    He won't reply now guys we have too many players bringing up valid points.