+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratster View Post
    Hello every one,
    I personally think this event is ok, not the worse and not the greatest. But it sure encourage people to go to element dung except people like me who constant farm for ses and twins. Since, there was an IP event just last month, so that is why people are not too happy...^^. And I am sure many people loved it when they were able to get exp pouches, which I did and i am thankful for that.
    So what is the big deal this time? I am sure u will make some IPs and find what you like to trade for. Not enough? Save them for the next time. You will never know the event items might be better and cheaper next time...am I right? GM. Irene....wink..wink..^^.
    Brown nosing will get you nowhere :P

Thanks for your review but from the perspective of me and the many other veteran players this event is a waste of time and potential.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by oIRENEo View Post
    Because a) it is Free to obtain IP and b) if you want to get Valued Cash Item without payment, then you need to spend your time.
    I agree with sunnyangel's point of view. It really doesnt take much thought or even common sense to see how pointless this event is.
    When i make it to stage 5, i get an IP ticket that ranges from 125 IP to 300 or so. 10 IP per round, for 50 IP or something. So, on the high end 350? or something IP per day.. The only "valued cash items" i can see in there are the shiny stones. The rest is all pretty much garbage. At low levels, the rest is somewhat useful... but more end game(which most active people are nearing) those items become useless. So, we'll say average 350 IP per day on the higher end. 30,000/350 = ~86 days. ~4.5 per year.

Quote Originally Posted by oIRENEo View Post
    But this event might be first stepping to get closer to give chance to win by Playing instead of Paying.
    So, with that being said, this event only serves to widen the Play to win/Pay to win gap. Play for 3 months for a half decent item that still has a chance of being lost upon usage, unless ofc you pay money [or double your playing time for 2x rare and 1x unique stones(9,000x2)+12,000.. but im not even gonna add that in the upcoming math nor added it in the previous]... or spend about 7.8k RP on scroll of challenges so that you can go ele dung 4x/day for 22 days. 1 free run + 3 scroll of challenge every day, for 22 days, 3x22x119=7.85k. Even at that rate, the items are super overpriced. Pay to win mixed in with some play to win and you still have a reasonably long time to gain anything actually of value for the amount of money you spend and time invested. All that for a SINGLE option stone.. weapons use 4x total.. 3 of which can be shiny of the same type.

In the past 10 or so i've been to, unless im extremely unlucky, I've averaged about 200 IP, Aged Option stone and 200k crones each run. I've gotten ONE SES.
    I fail to see how your view of "A chance at valued items" is even a factor in the pricing of these other items that are actually valued.

Edit:
    And to add upon all that... I've been playing since before Elemental Dungeon was even thought of. In my countless times going, i have NEVER gotten a tali, nor have i known anyone who has. How many have actually been given out because of the Ele Dungeon? I've gotten ASES less than a handful of times and that was only ever in Intermediate dungeon.
    So, unless people are supposed to create alt accounts, spend tons of money to get them to level requirement for intermediate dungeon.. this event is completely deplorable.
    It really all just boils down to another Pay to win event in the end.
    Last edited by CPG215; 10-08-2015 at 08:55 PM.

The mentality that quality can be disregarded because making an event is doing us a favor is the wrong attitude.

Are you forgetting who is the one paying to make sure that you not only have a job but that the lights are on and there is toilet paper in the bathroom? Players are the biggest piece of content in a mmorpg, without players you have no game so if anything these "play to win" people are doing YOU a favor by still playing this game instead of moving on to BNS (BNS HYPE BOIIIIIIIIII) or any of the other countless games that they could be spending their time on.

And before you even say anything about how the community has not given you enough feedback I will warn you that on this forum I have 12236 posts combined on my 3 accounts where I have shared feedback that could have improved this game vastly.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 10-08-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Are you forgetting who is the one paying to make sure that you not only have a job but that the lights are on and there is toilet paper in the bathroom? Players are the biggest piece of content in a mmorpg, without players you have no game so if anything these "play to win" people are doing YOU a favor by still playing this game instead of moving on to BNS (BNS HYPE BOIIIIIIIIII) or any of the other countless games that they could be spending their time on.
    FFXIV for me, personally... a monthly sub game... but no pay to win AT ALL.
    They have WAY more content. Their dungeons are unlimited entry. Grind is NOWHERE near as bad. HUGE storyline that actually makes sense instead of just being all over the place. Gathering/Crafting classes are actually feasible.

This game needs many improvements to be enjoyable on a larger scale. As it is.. it's enjoyable.. but only to people with money to waste. Events like this only make it worse. Sure, it might shine the slightest glimmer of hope into a blind eye.. but thats about all. To vets of the game who've been here since near inception it serves no purpose other than to piss people off.
    That being said, i will give a bit of credit to the company, if and only if, their intentions truly are to add balance between play to win and pay to win.. but i highly doubt that was the true intention. It seems like this is a "buy all the scroll of challenges and packages with wraths in it in order to gain **** for super over priced prices" masked as a play to win event... but anyone with half of a brain can see where the intentions of this event truly lie.

I havent made many posts in my 5+ years playing the game on both of my accounts.. but i felt this was definitely worthy of me logging in to comment upon.

If they were to make ele dung unlimited entry without IM scrolls or limited with scrolls that you can buy with crones at a reasonable price from sundries shops or something, then yeah, that would totally reasonable. Do like with the HKs they have(or used to have) 25m or something for an 8 hr. One scroll of challenge at a sundries shop for 25-50m. That would be amazing. This event may actually be worth it then. On top of that, crone would become useful again, especially if this event is a regular occurrence. Taht would solve two to three of the most common complaints. 1.) Crone is worthless. 2.) Scroll of Challenge is overpriced for the rewards possibly gained. 3.) No reason to even go to Ele dung because you gain nothing of worth 98% of the time.

Hello every one, again
    Wow, is his or her way or the highway. I cant believe people will saying that I am brown nosing. Let us go back few weeks ago. I did not see u complaining about the IP event. I know there are many people like myself might have missed the last IP event. Because I failed to sent tickets on my other accounts in time....but I sent them on the 29th. Oh well, that is another issue. And yes, some of the items seem to be impossible to obtain in such short period of time. I think we can look at this as prelude, so we can start collecting those IP tickets.
    And one more thing, dont u guys have a inter dung farmer...if so, why are u complaining?
    Cup should always half full not half empty.
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratster View Post
    Hello every one, again
    Wow, is his or her way or the highway. I cant believe people will saying that I am brown nosing. Let us go back few weeks ago. I did not see u complaining about the IP event.
    Because last month's(not a few weeks ago) event had **** for prizes. It was expected among veteran players for YNK ... or i guess PWI now... to put out such events. At least YNK's events were half decent. PWI's are a joke and a half. It's nearly a literal slap in the face to veteran players. YNK either did a face change and became more greedy thinking they could pull it off going calling themselves PWI... or... YNK actually managed to find a more money-grubbing company than they were to buy em out... which i honestly never thought could happen... but then it did.

I'm sure you've never spent a penny on the game.. but then again i'm sure you're a one shot non factor anyway. Keep playing these events, maybe you'll catch up in 10 years.

Personally, I have no use for these events. They're meaningless to me. I'm only looking out for players like you who are content with getting screwed over, thinking you're actually getting a good deal.

The GM's say they want to bridge the gap between pay to win and play to win. This event is only widening it with the ridiculous amounts of IP required to get anything half decent.

Something they could do, instead of events like this, would be to implement an in-game item mall. Spend crones to buy 50%-100% pt/solo scrolls, silver trophies, token of foresees, tokens of defeat, Scroll of challenge for 25-50 million, minor scrolls like the pdef/mdef/phys blow/ melee att/mag att/ranged att (BUT JUST THE MINOR IN GAME FOR CRONE) maybe even throw in deluxe abradants in for like 10 billion crones. 10 billion is a hell of a lot of crones.. but hey, it'll get people active and back on the grind. It'll bring activity to the server. Crones will actually have a use. Crones on EM are now 500 million for 100 RPS. 5 years ago they were 5 million for 100 RPs, IF YOU WERE LUCKY. Crones have become ridiculously devalued. If you want an active player base, give them a reason to be active.
    Theres so much **** they can do to improve overall gameplay and boost player activity. They refuse to do so because they want to squeeze every penny they can out of the games diminishing player base before it's too late. They dont look at this game as one that will last. They want everything they can get now before it's too late and too dead. Its pretty much like life insurance, take people for all they have before they die. They have no desire to revive a dying a game, when they have many options to do so. They'd rather take all they can from everyone playing while they still have the chance. The only players left are the people that've been playing for 3+ years anymore and only reason they stick around is because of the amount of money they've invested. The few new players that are brought in, will eventually quit when there becomes an overwhelming number of bored people with nothing to do other than just go every grind spot and rpk everything in sight. I used to do it on my ranger 5 years ago... i doubt that's gonna change until they change the lack of things to do.
    1 time per day for ele dung. 5 times per week in ash. Okayyyy... yeah... that leaves you with the majority of your week spent doing whatever makes you happy... which is quite limited.
    Boss timers are ridiculously long also. 12-72 hours for any boss worthwhile... I understand some of the bigger bosses(silva[now with upg feath], beze, ruler, tyrant) should be that long because of their drops... but things like raymond, russell, ramos, all R5 bosses minus silva... Those should be on a much shorter timer so that the higher level players actually have something to do. Shorter respawn timers = more people actually going for them = more competition = end game players actually have **** to do instead of rpk lowbies non stop.
    Maybe a revamp of the drops also now since they're pretty much meaningless since the level of the mobs changed but the drops are still meant for level 99 end game, with the exception of ramos/raymond/russell those three are meant for 110 end game. Still underpowered and quite useless.
    Last edited by CPG215; 10-09-2015 at 01:04 AM.

The lesser the "PLAY TO WIN PEOPLE" the more the server will be boring and die. Then those "PAY TO WIN PEOPLE" would stop spending, the server would eventually die because of lack of income generating.

Nobody realizes that there is no pve content in rohan its not like these ballers will see a point in playing or spending money if there are no players to kill. But hey guys the GM is doing us a favor by making events good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Nobody realizes that there is no pve content in rohan its not like these ballers will see a point in playing or spending money if there are no players to kill. But hey guys the GM is doing us a favor by making events good or bad.
    They tried with mirror dungeons... but then most of everyone cried about how hard that was. I do fine soloing it at 115+0. It's really not that hard, tbh. The mobs are something like round 6+ ele dung mobs in terms of hp but hit way harder... but then again people failed to realize that mirror dungeons isn't really meant for anything under 115+10 or non upg 115+20

Hello every one again,
    First of all, few weeks ago was last month. And thank u for looking out for me. There are few things we should all realize by now. If players dont like to spend money, those events are there for them to get stuff. If players do spend money, they can buy those items easily(except shinny..they are on IM once a while). Then we are going back to square one on the issue of "Pay to Win". If players dont spend any money, how is possible they get screw on this event. I clearly remember I learned how to make my rps from Sunnyangel by farming as much stuff as I can and sell them on EM. So,we are all trying to make our way to the top slowly or one way or the others. If PW did anything to change ur way of life, I am sorry, because online gaming can be as addictive as drug.
    In addition, better to have some events than no events at all. So stop complaining how long it is going to take ..how hard it is going to take. After all, life is not easy.
    Thank you very much.