+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Remember when she thought that Int didn't give mag def and we argued over it? xD

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Dont tempt them now.

But seriously I spent 7 years playing rohan, helping people, educating people with my game experience and more. I would probably still be playing today if the staff were not biased as F@#$. Some people I can only get a hold of through the forums so if playwith thinks me bringing uncle dekon & old man mark over to TERA is such a bad thing... I cant hear them from the grave they dug themselves into.

@Uncle Dekon: TERA is a lot easier to lvl and manage just come try it out. You can even lvl with pvp starting at lvl 30 :P
    Despite my laugh at GNYU back in the time when he moved to TERA, I did try it out myself not too long ago (read: couple of months back). To be honest, I didn't think the game to be too shabby - it was actually almost fun.
    Quite easy as well. You buy stuff from NPC, put it on vendor for double its price.. and people still buy it and you get rich. After a bit playing with the vendor for a week, maybe two, you're already way richer than the average player your level and up. You buy one of them underwear sets, and you're good to go vs anything your lvl and slightly higher without blinking your eyes.

Now, that's the OK part.

Then you get level 30-ish and can join those "pvp battles" aka the township battles of olde. The idea is sound, but as a new player you're left without any directives. You just run along thinking all the time: what am I doing? Then, suddenly, you either won or lost, but have no idea how you accomplished that.
    There's absolutely no communication, whatsoever. Perhaps that's bound to the whole newbie level stuff, but heck - they could do something about that.

Leveling in general also becomes dull quite fast. The monsters you've been slaying 10 lvls back, are facing you time after time over and over again. Granted, different color, maybe different size - but you get the jest, it's the same bloody thing without even altering its attack pattern.
    As a solo player it's extremely boring.

Go join a guild, you say? Well, I actually tried. But you go advertise you're good for a guild when you have absolutely no clue what you're doing, besides ripping off your fellow newbs at the vendor.

The occasional guild you do join, is usually max or near max level and will, apart from chat, just leave you hanging in there. Team play, party play? Hardly.
    Granted, you get into parties for dungeons, but you are expected to be an elite to begin with. Players are no longer born crawling, but are expected to run day 1 and run you will; because - thank god - there's open PvP.

The gearing system isn't too bad either, except that loots are useless for anything other than crushing. You just get your weapons handed to you every x-levels and they are just better hands down. Good thing they're for free, though. PWI could learn a thing or two from that.

Generally, game's not too bad; got nice graphics, sounds and skill effects (but what the bloody hell is it with all the cannons and frakking robots in a medieval-fantasy setting?). All that doesn't make it extra fun, though.
    It's a grind for elitists.

TL;DR: I don't have any friends Q.Q
    Also: fk NA servers - I'm from Europe.
    Also: fk EU servers.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 09-20-2015 at 09:14 AM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Then you get level 30-ish and can join those "pvp battles" aka the township battles of olde. The idea is sound, but as a new player you're left without any directives. You just run along thinking all the time: what am I doing? Then, suddenly, you either won or lost, but have no idea how you accomplished that.
    There's absolutely no communication, whatsoever. Perhaps that's bound to the whole newbie level stuff, but heck - they could do something about that.
    If your talking about CS someone gets tagged leader and is supposed to give out directions but sometimes you just get idiots or trolls. The objective is to get inside the castle and destroy the crystal. Each team has a turn at offense and defense and the team with the better time wins. Its a lot of fun when you actually know whats going on and don't get on a **** team where people don't listen and quit 3 minutes into it.

Leveling in general also becomes dull quite fast. The monsters you've been slaying 10 lvls back, are facing you time after time over and over again. Granted, different color, maybe different size - but you get the jest, it's the same bloody thing without even altering its attack pattern.
    I'd just level in pve enough to get into the equalized pvp dungeons and then just level in the pvp areas. Yeah you end up a little underpowered even after the equalizing but its more fun than the **** pve in that game lol...plus you end up farming the mats/credits you are going to need for your top tier pvp gear, which is a lot more useful then farming mid level pve gear you just replace in 5-10 levels anyhow.

Go join a guild, you say? Well, I actually tried. But you go advertise you're good for a guild when you have absolutely no clue what you're doing, besides ripping off your fellow newbs at the vendor.
    Guilds there are pretty much the same as every other game I've played. Almost nobody wants to join a smaller noobish guild where you can make friends and learn together, everyone wants to join one of the better guilds. None of those guilds want you unless you are already pro, have a friend on the inside, or spend a lot of money and will give them all free ****. I think I got ignored by everything other than those retarded invite spam invite everybody guilds until I just said **** it I'm going to be a dick and start rpking everyone in open world. Once you start wrecking random people and they realize you are pretty good then they want to recruit you lol.

The occasional guild you do join, is usually max or near max level and will, apart from chat, just leave you hanging in there. Team play, party play? Hardly.
    Granted, you get into parties for dungeons, but you are expected to be an elite to begin with. Players are no longer born crawling, but are expected to run day 1 and run you will; because - thank god - there's open PvP.
    Yup I was in a good guild for about 6 months...about 10 active people with maxxed level toons and a bunch of alts. Nobody was super pro with perfect gear, but we had enough people to make 5 man groups most the time, and most of us could play our toons well so we could hold our own in pvp. Unfortunately it fizzled once we started to get good and people started jumping ship to go join bigger guilds when that fortress update came out

The gearing system isn't too bad either, except that loots are useless for anything other than crushing. You just get your weapons handed to you every x-levels and they are just better hands down. Good thing they're for free, though. PWI could learn a thing or two from that.
    I enjoy the gearing in that game as well. Pretty much all that matters is getting the top tier gear...which really isn't that hard to do, just time consuming. Its nice because the difference between a guy with good gear and a guy with pro gear is your talking +9/10 gear vs +12(I think they made it +15 recently but haven't been on all summer)...good gear and skill in pvp is better then perfect gear but sucking at playing your character. Its nice too because its not pay to win, its just pay for the same mats you farm so you can grind a little less/get your stuff faster. You don't have to worry about some dude wrecking you because he has an upgrade and you don't...plus the classes are actually pretty well balanced. They all have their pros and cons and playstyles...theres no equivalent of what templars have been on Rohan over the years. Sometimes something gets a little OP or weak with an update but its generally improved within a couple months with the next update...not years and still no fix lol.

Generally, game's not too bad; got nice graphics, sounds and skill effects (but what the bloody hell is it with all the cannons and frakking robots in a medieval-fantasy setting?). All that doesn't make it extra fun, though.
    Haha...I don't mind the sci-fi twist. Its definitely a grind for elitist though...but once you realize you don't have to have the best of the best gear or max + on everything and you can still be competitive the games a lot of fun. Its nice too that the elitists are generally the people that know the game well and play it consistently rather then the Rohan version of elitists, which is the moron that wants to spend the most money.

Despite my laugh at GNYU back in the time when he moved to TERA, I did try it out myself not too long ago (read: couple of months back). To be honest, I didn't think the game to be too shabby - it was actually almost fun.
    Quite easy as well. You buy stuff from NPC, put it on vendor for double its price.. and people still buy it and you get rich. After a bit playing with the vendor for a week, maybe two, you're already way richer than the average player your level and up. You buy one of them underwear sets, and you're good to go vs anything your lvl and slightly higher without blinking your eyes.
    Sounds like an EU exclusive problem.
    Now, that's the OK part.

TBH what you are describing is CS (Corsairs Stronghold) and I dont go in that battleground at all. I got all my pvp gear by doing Gridiron (its a 15 vs 15 team deathmatch style race to __ kills) and you get extra rewards for being 1st-5th which I usually get since my character (Warrior) is good at hunting off people on their own.
    This is true but it also helps because you will know what you are looking for when an achievement says kill 100 kumas in celestial hills or kill 100 nagas in serpentis isle. Soon the global reputation (vanguard initiative) will give quests starting at lvl 1 which means u can do small daily tasks and gain xp/gold/reputation credits which u can use to buy stuff.
    Guild is not required in this game, I know you are a community type anyways so all you had to do was go to the forums and say hey I am a social person who likes to chit chat while noobing it up solo. Most of my guildies we got off the forums, the ones we find in game are a lot more on the miss side.
    I can agree with this, I have a hard time in dungeons. Takes me a long time to learn the mechanics and it does get frustrating for my frnd sometimes. This is why I only run with my frnds for at least 10 runs and then I slowly start doing it with more and more guildies. Having said that pvp is where I am best, even if I dont find much competition on a PVE server.
    Yeah those avatar weapons were built to help streamline the lvling process. It made sense because unlike rohan's good old days when a guy in a lewis dagger could kill a guy with steadman sword this **** doesnt fly here. They want you to lvl up asap and get on to the endgame content (this allows them to focus more energy on the endgame stuff than the low-mid lvl stuff).

TL;DR: I don't have any friends Q.Q
    Also: fk NA servers - I'm from Europe.
    Also: fk EU servers.
    EU Tera is a pile of crap and most of the euros play on NA (server is located in chicago so a little more east than rohan's servers).

I dont like the gunners at all I think they make the game a little too easy (they have burst and aoe) it makes dungeons a little easier which I cant argue with because I dont like dungeons anyways.

Oh and if u wna try just lemme know :P

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    tera is a pile of crap and most of the euros play on na (server is located in chicago so a little more east than rohan's servers).

I dont like the gunners at all i think they make the game a little too easy (they have burst and aoe) it makes dungeons a little easier which i cant argue with because i dont like dungeons anyways.

Oh and if u wna try just lemme know
    ftfy .

Quote Originally Posted by Chawizzawd View Post
    ftfy .
    just because you cant play sadface :P

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

3manysteamgames5me