+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

So are shiny opts ever going back in the IM ?

OR are yall going to leave them in the random ass chance ****? Cause I bought 4 part parts and im waiting for the sale on the opt items. If those aint coming back. I might as well not bother forging

that is why this game is dead as hell. Sell parts but not sell shiny stones. Put them on IM permanently.

Banned
    yup I was excited to get stuff rolling but im at a stand still because im not going to forge subpar stuff then a few days later... HEY GUYS LOOK WHATS ON SALE NOW!!!!!!...

No just go die in a fire YNK/PWI

I had hope when I came back but work ended up with me having much much less time to play.... Now that I have time to play yall being shisty af when it comes to selling stuff that for the 5 months I was back were on sale every single day. Day in and day out.

Stop screwing around with the random number crap all it does is irritate your players. "Here have a chance of getting something good but you will probably spend 400$ tryin to get it." Then all you have to do is make it through the forging in 1 success to get it.

Stop screwing around and sell what people already have. You sold the 4parts but not the shineys. Only a retard would forge their 4part without shiney option stones which are esentially gimping new 4parts in general if yall dont sell them. However I wanna yes or no answer on if yall gonna sell them again so I can go... Ok time to just let all my gear rot. Or..... Ok time to load up some money make my 4part and get to work leveling.

I mean as it sits I currently own.
    Epic Zhen
    4part Zhen 2.0
    4part sword 2.0
    4part mace 2.0
    4part dagger 2.0
    epic katars
    parts for 4part katars 3.0
    parts for 4part dual sword 3.0

as well as several +12 boss drops Always funny seeing people who got me on perma kos getting wrekt when I come back after not playing for a while with no item mall or 7s just cause I have gear carry advantage XD

Commoner
    Haha...I remember some players with sub average intelligence used to suggest flash sales were a good idea. Those of us with a life just found them aggravating.

GMs should put pet fusion items back on IM also, players aren't gonna charge endless amounts of rps for just the chance to win these items in game parlor games

nah u get a bag of dicks uncle dekon why u dont answer my pms ingame.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    LOL I havent really been ingame... im waiting for them to either sell these opt stones or imma just let my stuff rot some more XD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    Haha...I remember some players with sub average intelligence used to suggest flash sales were a good idea. Those of us with a life just found them aggravating.
    Well "flash sales" are a good business idea for a multitude of reasons. First and foremost is that it generally will cause users to charge when they are lacking the rp that they have earned through selling items. It was very common for YNK back in the day to have fire sales on tokens and talismans as well as other items. While many people would just gather up rps they could dump on them. Others could not do this.

So they are in a business stand point a "Good idea," however that is for a business standpoint to push people to open up their bank accounts and spend some cash rather than to just farm and wait. This idea doesn't stand true for all players. For players such as myself. I dont spend time trying to forge good items or even subpar to make a few bucks. Most of the time I buy my gears and roll with it.

95% of my characters are bankrolled simply because I have the funds to build them. However I dont have the time to play to farm and gather and forge and farm and gather and forge like many of the younger players have. While I could bankroll some 4part forges. I have seen people sitting on sale 4parts trying to simply recoupe the cost of production for months on end. Where as some players have cut their throats to simply sell them.

So how rohan in general boils down is as follows. You have two types of players. Three if you count the ones who very seldom charge rps unless there is the "flash sales charge players." You have the ones who can and do spend, and you have the ones who dont spend. Then you have the people who smoke crack in PWI's marketing department who instead do dumb shit and remove items that sell well and place them in random chance event shit.

They fucked the pooch if they think that their limited run sales on 4parts will in some way some how make the game more fair for people. If that were the case they would have let them die off with people as they quit the game. 4parts completely ****ed the game along with epic weapons a long long long long time ago. The accounts that had them have been sold and resold so many of the 4parts OG along with epics are being sold and traded from 2nd and 3rd gen account holders at this point. They could have set up tracking on those accounts watched for IP/password changes in the database when it was a big jump from one IP to the next and just banned them out as people tried selling them around and just bled them outta the game.

However the sales on 4parts not being there all the time is a desperate attempt for spike profits. However it also serves other purposes. Most importantly it causes RP farmers to dump large amounts of rp on them. So it reduces the amount of virtual currency floating around in the ether of the game. Which is good for the game in general. I remember a long time ago people used to farm mock duck for skill stones and sell them for 400-500rp each. Back before there was RP/Ecash bs. Back before there was the charged vs reg rp's. SO you had some of these farmers able to earn in some cases 100-200$ a week just from farming. Then ofc they were selling rps in black market transactions. 10k rp for 50$ was about the going rate.

The game has done several methoods to gimp earned rps. Many of them are probably underwritten with TOS changes. Since the Tax that they imposed was originally against the TOS. So they ended up with adding in the "TOS can change at anytime without notice." Since the publishers themselves were found to be in violation of underwriting of their own TOS.

The Tax was added wayyyy wayyy wayyyyy back. To remove rps out of the ether. Then they decided that charged rps hold more value than earned and had the charged vs rps IM. Which allowed people who charged rps to get stuff like 7's and Improved Gen Talismans. To pay less for items that they would be buying monthly anyways. However the cost gap wasn't quite as extreme as it is now. Then they added the selling limit per week/2 week period. + added EM sale reset pay items to buy.

Now they are at the point that RP/Ecash is 50% savings point. Just to get rid of the massive amount of ecash floating about in the ether.

So in theory fire sales are a great way to open bank accounts. Since they are often posted without notice and for a VERY limited time. For players like myself though, it doesn't matter fire sale or not. I spend as I need to. If I dont need to, I dont and wont spend. However when I need to. I have spent upwards of 400-500$ at one time.

What the games marketing department doesnt understand is as follows.

They are chasing spike profit goals. Which im assuming lay somewhere around their end of month profit gains/loss reports (assuming that they actually do such things kinda skeptical) which is why you will often see 4part sales closer to the end of the month so that they can say. Hey we are neither at a gain or loss. SO they are showing that their profits are "normalized." When they are relying on spike profits to push the numbers around.

So what they are missing is the following point. Its possible that IF they just sold 4parts and other items that many people want and use frequently rather than hoping for profit spikes from the sales. They would potentially see their profits raise a slight bit and normalize. Since the open availability would cause more people to both charge more frequently. Such as many people I know will often be between paychecks during the week of 4part sales. So they might only be able to buy 1 part a month. Since they might only have 20$ to budget at that sale time. Where as if the items were on sale. They could potentially see 20$ rp purchases from more people more often as they went paycheck to paycheck just charging 20$ at a time so they are not bankrupting themselves.

So they would establish a more frequent flow of money rather than spike sales. Which doesnt prevent them from taking items they currently ALREADY SELL, and turning around and simply selling them for less. HEY GUYS WERE GOING TO KNOCK 18% off all pres stones!!!!! They would likely get an easy 100$ worth of charged rps above their typical earning during that.

IMHO their half brain marketing department behind the game is full of twits who arent suited to run a lemonaide stand. Let-a-lone a company that has more than 6 employees. Their strategy has been soley chasing spike sales. Rather than looking to normalize their monthly gains then look for ways to improve upon a normalized profit.

Commoner
    They're ****ing retarded. People just horde rps and stock up during sales. If you happen to be away for a weekend and miss a sale or something, your ****ed. The same people that are going to charge for a weekend sale are the ones that charge all the time anyhow. PW would have much more success if they just went with monthly sales...at least then you wouldn't miss sales because you have a life. Hell they'd probably have more success if they just came out and said "hey guys this games dead, 60% off everything sale until we have to shut down!"

Plus the whole limited sale thing...example shiny stones...what is the point other than pissing people off? You'd think they would want people to be forging weapons, not sitting on parts thinking "man this sucks" because you can't get shiny stones and its not worth wasting hundreds of dollars worth of upgrades parts and pres stones just to forge with sub par options.

Why remove the option Shiny Protection of Marea, when this does not affect the forging of weapons. Is it possible that this option then appears again at weekends?