+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Font on Windows 10

Yesterday I upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10.
    The seal run smoothly but the font was changed into smaller,
    and it's really uncomfortable for me.
    Is there a way to change the font back like usual ?

Yeah, go back to Windows 8.1. Seriously though, yo do understand that Seal Online came out before windows 10, right? That means the Developers made the game at the time Windows 10 is not existing yet, therefore they didn't made the game with Windows 10 in mind.

i have the same problem. There's no solution so i go back to windows 8.1

I realize this isn't for Rohan but you can try the following tip:

I do my gaming on a high resolution monitor (2560 x 1440) and normally have to set my font scaling. This can have unexpected side effects in games Like Rohan and Seal.

You can force Windows 10 to disable changing font sizes for applications using the compatibility properties. The example is for the Rohan launcher, but it should work equally well for the Seal.

I would strongly suggest looking into your client install directory to find the actual seal client .exe file that the launcher runs and set its compatibility as well.

Try out those settings and see if it makes your game a little more playable.

/Cheers

@amalager : Seal came out before WIndows 8 and 8.1 as well.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 08-14-2015 at 03:58 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    I realize this isn't for Rohan but you can try the following tip:

I do my gaming on a high resolution monitor (2560 x 1440) and normally have to set my font scaling. This can have unexpected side effects in games Like Rohan and Seal.

You can force Windows 10 to disable changing font sizes for applications using the compatibility properties. The example is for the Rohan launcher, but it should work equally well for the Seal.

I would strongly suggest looking into your client install directory to find the actual seal client .exe file that the launcher runs and set its compatibility as well.

Try out those settings and see if it makes your game a little more playable.

/Cheers

@amalager : Seal came out before WIndows 8 and 8.1 as well.
    I know. I just hate posts like that from players who upgraded their OS and then "wonders" why there's something wrong with it. Duh...

Up.
    Please fix it or please give us some suggestion for work on it. i have tried to put MSGothic to fonts, but no effect.

Thank You

PS : Indonesian Seal Online doesn't have this bug. i can play with normal font there.
    Last edited by moonsx; 10-17-2015 at 06:47 AM.

Banned
    Did you read the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Did you read the thread?
    I have read it and follow above.
    No changes.

Thank you!

I think what PenguinJoe is trying to say is that have you read the thread in which the game was made way way way way before windows 10?
    Honestly, I dont like new windows updates since it causes so many problems for not only seal but my other games. yea it maybe not be grand having an old operating system used for my gaming pleasure. but it saves me a hell lot of time to find ways to fix it.
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come

That's how Microsoft tests their new OS. "Send it out and then we'll let the users report the issues with it."