+ Reply to Thread

Any major changes?

I left Rohan at around 2013 and now I decided to comeback. Even though I've read some threads about the new updates I'm still pretty lost. So I have a few questions to ask.

1. Were there any class changes? (A friend on mine told me they nerfed Guards)

2. What are the new upgrades? I've been surfing around the forums and some people said you can buy these new upgrades from IM.

3. Is a ranger or guard viable for PVP? Or are temps and vit dk still op?

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    There have been some skill changes for certain classes - although those threads have sadly been removed.

I do know, for instance, that the scout skill "sharp melee" has been changed as such that it no longer gives a bonus to your melee attack - but instead gives a bonus to your damage to monsters within a certain range. This was how the skill was actually intended to be (no idea why it took so long to fix that) and is a major help to scouts.

There have been more skillchanges than that tho..

There has also been the introduction of the hero skills (i think halfway 2013?). http://rohan.wikia.com/wiki/Heroic_Skills
    Rangers have gotten some silence skill, templars/defenders/guardians/everyone and their grandmother have received an AOE - except the classes who are supposedly AOE classes.

Ranger has always been viable for pvP - especially with the right equipment. Temps/DK's will always be among the strongest. Guardians can deal out a lot of damage, but are very vulnerable to debuffs. Everyone having 60-70+% DD and 200k HP doesn't really help either.

There have also been the introduction of two new classes (better than the giant introduction, i swear). These help to counter the templar class..

All in all, just play whathever you like the most and not whatever hits the most. Unless the latter equals the former..

Oh and yes: new upgrade weapons have been sold. Now you have Epics, upgrades, and upgrades 1.9 (no 2.0).
    The latter have better stats, but are from the same tier.

You can only buy these from time to time during upgr. sales. Don't worry though, it's very likely more of these sales will happen.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 07-26-2015 at 03:58 AM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

It depends what you like. If you like to rpk ranger is perfect, if you want to war with guild vs guild I'd not go for ranger (they are too squishy for that and mostly get caught in war). Guardians are pretty good especially if you have 9x DD on them (dual wielding 2 upg weapons with each 70% DD) but like Eagle said, verry vulnerable to debuffs. Mainly for farming and pvp purpose Noir/Templars are the best class. If you want pure pvp vit dekan and str avenger rock as well but cant farm for ****.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h