+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Windows 10 can play Rohan ?

Windows 10 coming soon on July 29th 2015, and i'm planning gonna change to use Windows 10

But i'm not sure if can use Windows 10 play rohan, Because as i remember few month ago i was tested with Windows 10 Build 9926 and is not work

Playwith staff can answer please?

This is a very good question. As most folks know a lot of people who have Windows 7 and 8 on their systems will get an automatic up date to Windows 10. It is not a matter of actually going out and installing it. It will be installed like a scheduled fix via windows update.

It would be good if Playwith staff will respond to us if they have been testing their client on the latest Windows 10 previews. The RTM version has already been pushed out to all preview members - it installed for me yesterday.

It would be a shame if the game comes to a screeching halt because all those new WIndows 10 users can't run their game clients without blowing up on Directx 12 or gameguard incompatibilities.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    This is a very good question. As most folks know a lot of people who have Windows 7 and 8 on their systems will get an automatic up date to Windows 10. It is not a matter of actually going out and installing it. It will be installed like a scheduled fix via windows update.

It would be good if Playwith staff will respond to us if they have been testing their client on the latest Windows 10 previews. The RTM version has already been pushed out to all preview members - it installed for me yesterday.

It would be a shame if the game comes to a screeching halt because all those new WIndows 10 users can't run their game clients without blowing up on Directx 12 or gameguard incompatibilities.
    Windows 10 is not a mandatory update at all. You actually have to click the windows logo on your taskbar and register for your pc to upgrade to windows 10 when it comes out, not it will just auto update itself.

I didn't say it was mandatory. However if you are legally entitled to the free update, I suspect most will be installing it and have used that little logo tool to register for it. After all it is free.

Those that registered for the upgrade will get the installer via Windows Update and it will auto run. If you Windows update set to automatically install updates, it will indeed auto install (though I am sure it will make you babysit the process).
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Bump...

GM Sineida, Irene, Karazy or any Playwith's staff can answer please

It should work with compatibility mode, the apropriate version of .net (version 4.05? IIRC) and some UAC/Firewall changes. I dont have win10 so I dont know (using server 2010 which is windows 8 equivalent)

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Start countdown... 3 days more !

Rohan work or not work on Windows 10 still no answer from playwith !!
    I guess i'll off automatic update and keep using old windows

Wait until someone test and confirm it's work

PS. GM Irene or GM Karazy if you read this thread... answer too please !

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    It should work with compatibility mode, the apropriate version of .net (version 4.05? IIRC) and some UAC/Firewall changes. I dont have win10 so I dont know (using server 2010 which is windows 8 equivalent)
    actually it is server 2012 that is the win-8 equivalent - up to and including that nasty start screen and butt-ugly metroish theme in the desktop. 2010 looks more like win 7.

ima let the update happen since I really don't log rohan anymore anyway. about the only thing I can see of rohan having an issue with in win 10 is gameguard and that sux monkey turds even with win7. . most of the game clients I run these days either have gameguard removed or it never used gameguard to begin with.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 07-26-2015 at 07:22 AM.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    i ain't getting win 10 until i'm forced to..
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Today is July 29th !!
    You can download and upgrade your windows 7/8/8.1 to windows 10

Now we can know if rohan work on windows 10 or not

If someone already download and upgraded to windows 10... maybe can test and tell us here please

Thank you