+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    All the 'puters in my place that I activated the upgrade on got the official Win10 downloads pushed to them yesterday (in a hidden folder "C:\$Windows_.BT" - about 6GB depending on your edition). Just waiting for M$ to kick them off.

y'know the Win10 preview has been out there for a couple months. I've been running it on the fast track in a VM since Microsoft made the preview public. I've never bothered to run rohan in it though. Could prolly give it a try today. I'll update THIS POST with my findings.

--- edit my results after a quickie test ----

Caveats:
    1. This is running in a VM!! Rohan's GameGuard has never known for playing nicein a VM. Bad Rohan!!
    2. This is a virgin Windows 10 Pro image. There are no extra Directx (thouigh it comes DX 12), .NET or any other add-ons.
    3. The problem is with GameGuard not the Rohan itself - that leaves out DirectX as a culprit since it is not the actual client crashing.

Bottom line, Results inconclusive. Chances are if you try this out in a 'Real' hardware PC, it will work fine IF you turn off UAC (make your system insecure) and run the client with admin permissions (hand Rohan client godly access to your system).
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 07-29-2015 at 07:16 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    All the 'puters in my place that I activated the upgrade on got the official Win10 downloads pushed to them yesterday (in a hidden folder "C:\$Windows_.BT" - about 6GB depending on your edition). Just waiting for M$ to kick them off.

y'know the Win10 preview has been out there for a couple months. I've been running it on the fast track in a VM since Microsoft made the preview public. I've never bothered to run rohan in it though. Could prolly give it a try today. I'll update THIS POST with my findings.

--- edit my results after a quickie test ----

Caveats:
    1. This is running in a VM!! Rohan's GameGuard has never known for playing nicein a VM. Bad Rohan!!
    2. This is a virgin Windows 10 Pro image. There are no extra Directx (thouigh it comes DX 12), .NET or any other add-ons.
    3. The problem is with GameGuard not the Rohan itself - that leaves out DirectX as a culprit since it is not the actual client crashing.

Bottom line, Results inconclusive. Chances are if you try this out in a 'Real' hardware PC, it will work fine IF you turn off UAC (make your system insecure) and run the client with admin permissions (hand Rohan client godly access to your system).
    Thank you for test and shared information

Same as me, this problem happened to me when i try run rohan on windows 10 build 9926 about few month ago

I have done a little more testing after I upgraded my physical system to Windows 10. Here are the results:

1. You MUST have your latest video drivers installed.

2. (Not verified if this is necessary but I found things to be a little more stable with this) install directx 9.0c from the full redistributable package. Don't use the web installer because that does not like any Windows newer than Windows XP. (See screen shot for the file name to look for)

3. Right click on the loader and set up the compatibility properties as shown below. I can almost guarantee that the Rohan client will NOT work unless you do this. :

Good luck.

Live Long and Prosper.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    I have done a little more testing after I upgraded my physical system to Windows 10. Here are the results:

1. You MUST have your latest video drivers installed.

2. (Not verified if this is necessary but I found things to be a little more stable with this) install directx 9.0c from the full redistributable package. Don't use the web installer because that does not like any Windows newer than Windows XP. (See screen shot for the file name to look for)

3. Right click on the loader and set up the compatibility properties as shown below. I can almost guarantee that the Rohan client will NOT work unless you do this. :

Good luck.

Live Long and Prosper.
    I ias no issues to run the game but i get HTTP_SERVER_STATUS_ERROR message after try to log.
    Im on Windows 10.
    Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by iSlax View Post
    I ias no issues to run the game but i get HTTP_SERVER_STATUS_ERROR message after try to log.
    Im on Windows 10.
    Any tips?
    Run internet explorer and do the initial setup.
    Make sure your firewall is not blocking it (turn it off and run rohan as a test, if it is you will have to make some exceptions)

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Firewall is off, innitiated Internet Explorer, reinstalled Rohan with IE opened... same message

Windows 10 dont have Internet Explore, its called Edge, Rohan use Internet Explorer for login if im right
    /Quit

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaen View Post
    Windows 10 dont have Internet Explore, its called Edge, Rohan use Internet Explorer for login if im right
    Actually ....

It comes with IE 11. It just isn't the default.

@iSlax,

I hope you are using the loader to run it.
    How did you install Win10? Did you upgrade Win7 or 8.x?
    Or did you do a clean install?
    Are you running on a physical machine or on a virtual machine?
    Were you able to run the Rohan client on THAT machine before upgrading it?
    Is your internet cable plugged in on the machine you are running Rohan on (don't laugh. it happens. A Lot)

If you have ever played on private servers, your Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts file may have been updated to block calls to the rohan servers. check it.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 08-02-2015 at 04:35 PM.

How did you install Win10? Did you upgrade Win7 or 8.x?
    Or did you do a clean install?
    - Fresh install from 20130 build

Are you running on a physical machine or on a virtual machine?
    -physical
    Were you able to run the Rohan client on THAT machine before upgrading it?
    - I played Rohan a long long ago and didnt have this new Rohan on a win 7.
    Is your internet cable plugged in on the machine you are running Rohan on (don't laugh. it happens. A Lot)
    - I do not laugh who is trying to help and yes, the cable is connected, i have just one PC.

As there is no Windows 10 20130 build I would suggest getting your hands on eikther a Windows 10 Preview build 10240 (the RTM build) iso file or better yet upgrade a valid windows 7/8.x license to official.

When Rohan client attempts to log into its authorization server using the https (ssl) web protocol. Some applications ytou can run iknterferes with that like skype and VMWare since they install their own servers on the ssl port 443. This causes problems when the login.playrohan.com is redefined in your hosts file to point to 127.0.0.1 (something that happens when you play on private servers to bypass clients 'phoning home').